The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I'm curious, what do you all think the chances of Final Fantasy XV being at Tokyo Game Show 2014 are?

At this point I don't even know what to think. I want to believe it has to be shown and it would make sense after how they did last year TGS, after it was shown so much at E3 last year, so maybe you know this time give more attention to the Japanese event. But it wouldn't surprise me if nothing is shown, yet again... T_T

What are all of you guys/gals thoughts on this situation???

50/50?

TGS is in their home turf, so Hashimoto and/or Nomura can easily turn up, and not have to contend with a vast array of other big budget titles that largely comprised of E3. That's assuming that TGS will overwhelmingly be an arena for handheld and mobile titles - which it probably will be, given the trajectory and trends of the Japanese market. FFXV theoretically also has no other major game within Square-Enix in the way at this point, and development must be far along enough that they're comfortable with the disclosure of some regular information, in line with Hashimoto's earlier promise that FFXV will reappear later this year.

...unless they've decided to continue this supposed "year of FFXIV" (particularly over a year after the successful re-launch) and insist on a show with further dedicated coverage of the game's future patches and even expansion. And hypothetically if FFXV's development has reached a certain snag that it impairs the odds of it showing up before next year, according to the dictates of (probably) the PR and marketing heads.

POWERFUL Rangers, actually. ;)

/go watch Akibaranger

Last edited:

Vampire91

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
I really don't know what to think anymore. Surely this time I'm not going to get excited (and in general my interest for the game has greatly decreased lately).

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
It's an undecided from me. You simply just don't know any more with this thing. I think Fleur could be on to something - keep this as the year of FFXIV and concentrate on that. Still, a trailer at least wouldn't hurt anybody. Have to admit that I don't really care if it shows up or not, though. It's too far away from release for me to even get hyped even if it is shown.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
yea its gonna be shown. They said next reveal would be promotional stuff. its clear they are waiting for in game footage and none spoily information sessions on the story since this is not a type of game where you would want to see unfolded in walkthroughs of level 1. shinji did say you might as well come home (tokyo) to see their bigger RPG titles during the thailand con. they just have been hard at work. now they have enough to show.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I want it to be there. Some info of what they've said so far implies it. But we've all be burned so much these years with no info or just rehash. I want a release date of some kind. Even if it's march 2015 or summer 2015. Something. If they gave us a new character info and name would be good too. But over all I hope it shows but I'm thinking they'll do a lot of nothing for TGS and just wait till they do a all-Square expo thing in JPN in January. That might be what we have to wait for.

Last edited:

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
ファミ通の浜村弘一氏「TGSあたりから(PS4タイトルの)大きな発表があると大手メーカーに聞いた」

Which google translates to:

"I heard the leading manufacturer and there (of PS4 title) is a big announcement from TGS"

Picked from NeoGAF