The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Sorry, Crystal. I meant it more as an exaggeration to point out no one is losing out on their life by waiting for this game. They mentioned real material things they gave up for their family which is a great thing to do, but waiting for a game to come out is nothing like that.
Maybe I worded it wrong. All I was trying to say is: I don't want to feel like a drug addict and that Square is my pusher/dealer. I want to show up and play a game I'm interested in, but not sit around and obsess over it when they don't seem to want to tell us what's going on. To me it feels like an abusive relationship. And I feel like if I don't speak up or abandon them until they change how they deal with their fans, then I'm making it okay for them to say nothing every year. That's why I said "move on with my life". Because sometimes you have to, on some level, let go of things you like or love or it'll be all you focus on. And as we obsess over it, Square (even though I love what they were) doesn't have to care. Not saying they don't, but they don't have to care about their consumers.

They could just be like "Who cares how long they wait? Fuck 'em! We'll release it when we damn-well-please! And they'll still buy it! And why? Because we tell them what to buy. We advertise it and MAKE them want it! So let them get mad. They'll come crawling back the second it hits the shelves. And we'll still get paid!"

That's an extreme. But it's possible. I hope that's not what Square has become.

Last edited:

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
In case someone hasn't seen it:

The only things that kind of caught my attention are the Open Mega Theater (already known to be there) and the Event Stage (does someone knows what that is? Like, a place where they'll host S-E Presents...?

Oh, and the DQ Heroes mini stand. Also, the nameless stand between KH II.5 and Explorers.

So, if that stand is actually about some game, there are a few possibilities: Type-0, FF XV, KH III (of course, it could be something else or nothing). I think it's too small for something like XV, but well, a demo is basically out of the question, so it wouldn't be that crazy.
What I see out of this is:

1) All "somewhat big titles" like Dragon Quest Heroes/Bravely Second/FFXIV ARR/ Even ( FF Explorers already have their own area.).
2) Open Mega Theater has to be something "big" in nature. ( Hence the word "Mega" lol)
3) Event Stage could possibly be for SE Presents, it could also be something related to FFXIV ARR, Yoshi-P has a habit on cosplay XD.

Also to note that Hajime Tabata, just recently spoke up about FFXV could be the last FF number title ( at least on the consoles), Strangely enough he spoke up about this just about a week before TGS.

Tabata is worried about how the game will fair it looks like, and he is probably worried about it due to "Potentially speaking" how close FFXV is towards releasing.

I do hope it shows at TGS sings do point to it being their, even Kagari from Neogaf hasn't even speaking up that FFXV won't be at TGS, She spoke up when FFXV wasn't at E3 and she was right. Perhaps her silence is something to be excited about? Number FF titles nearly always do well, Also, due to the high demand this game is getting in both Japan and NA/EU the success ( at least box sales wise) is almost a certainty!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Where can I read this interview at???
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/kotaku-the-final-fantasy-xv-problem.2548/

Maybe I worded it wrong. All I was trying to say is: I don't want to feel like a drug addict and that Square is my pusher/dealer. I want to show up and play a game I'm interested in, but not sit around and obsess over it when they don't seem to want to tell us what's going on. To me it feels like an abusive relationship. And I feel like if I don't speak up or abandon them until they change how they deal with their fans, then I'm making it okay for them to say nothing every year. That's why I said "move on with my life". Because sometimes you have to, on some level, let go of things you like or love or it'll be all you focus on. And as we obsess over it, Square (even though I love what they were) doesn't have to care. Not saying they don't, but they don't have to care about their consumers.

They could just be like "Who cares how long they wait? Fuck 'em! We'll release it when we damn-well-please! And they'll still buy it! And why? Because we tell them what to buy. We advertise it and MAKE them want it! So let them get mad. They'll come crawling back the second it hits the shelves. And we'll still get paid!"

That's an extreme. But it's possible. I hope that's not what Square has become.
I don't know man, this is still a bit extreme. I don't think SE feels like some drug dealer with XV being cocaine or something. I'm just waiting for a game to come out that I'm excited about. Square Enix obviously cares about the consumer, look what they're doing with Type-0 HD.

I see what you mean, I just don't think it's that extreme, but that's your opinion I respect it.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Those weren't Tabata's words. He said: "If Final Fantasy XV doesn't do well, perhaps there's not much of a future for console games. It kind of really depends on how that goes."

@Crystal Power You've been posting on that thread genius. You read the interview.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Wait!? What the who said why where now???

This some new interview???
http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

"There's probably a cultural explanation for why the Japanese market is shifting toward handheld or smartphone devices. It's pretty unique to Japan, where everyone is transporting—they have long train rides and bus rides to work, they have time to play handheld devices, or they're spending more time in their own rooms vs. spending more time in the living room.

There's this kind of trend to being more accessible. But since I was very young, I've played games for long hours, I spent long amounts of time in front of the TV, delving into the games. So I enjoy those types of games, and I naturally want to create those types of games for the current generation and the next generations to come.

So in terms of whether console games will be received moving forward, it's not to say that I don't have any concerns at all, but I believe that it'll really depend on how Final Fantasy XV does. Because I really want more people to enjoy games in the living room, on a big screen. If Final Fantasy XV doesn't do well, perhaps there's not much of a future for console games. It kind of really depends on how that goes."

Basically, the company itself isn't saying FFXV is the last FF on consoles, it's just how Tabata feels on the issue ( His worries, because he likes the big screen over handhelds/Mobile)

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Thanks! :)

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

"There's probably a cultural explanation for why the Japanese market is shifting toward handheld or smartphone devices. It's pretty unique to Japan, where everyone is transporting—they have long train rides and bus rides to work, they have time to play handheld devices, or they're spending more time in their own rooms vs. spending more time in the living room.

There's this kind of trend to being more accessible. But since I was very young, I've played games for long hours, I spent long amounts of time in front of the TV, delving into the games. So I enjoy those types of games, and I naturally want to create those types of games for the current generation and the next generations to come.

So in terms of whether console games will be received moving forward, it's not to say that I don't have any concerns at all, but I believe that it'll really depend on how Final Fantasy XV does. Because I really want more people to enjoy games in the living room, on a big screen. If Final Fantasy XV doesn't do well, perhaps there's not much of a future for console games. It kind of really depends on how that goes."

Basically, the company itself isn't saying FFXV is the last FF on consoles, it's just how Tabata feels on the issue ( His worries, because he likes the big screen over handhelds/Mobile)
Thanks! Nice explanation on the situation too.^^

Those weren't Tabata's words. He said: "If Final Fantasy XV doesn't do well, perhaps there's not much of a future for console games. It kind of really depends on how that goes."

@Crystal Power You've been posting on that thread genius. You read the interview.
Ah, I've been busted and exposed! Haha!

No but really, I didn't read that interview thoroughly. I then went back to the topic and proceeded to read the posts made there. I just 'had' to add my thoughts on the DLC matter. :p

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I doubt even if it fails 15 will be the last. Maybe a remake of 7 would. Thats pretty final. But if 15 does end up being the end that'd be a sad day. But Namco would likely take over as the main rpg provider.

Sep 26, 2013
I do hope it shows at TGS sings do point to it being their, even Kagari from Neogaf hasn't even speaking up that FFXV won't be at TGS, She spoke up when FFXV wasn't at E3 and she was right. Perhaps her silence is something to be excited about?
No... Not really. Kagari is not really going to say anything unless she's 100% certain, which is what people in the know should do as plans change all the time in the game industry.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I doubt even if it fails 15 will be the last. Maybe a remake of 7 would. Thats pretty final. But if 15 does end up being the end that'd be a sad day. But Namco would likely take over as the main rpg provider.
I really don't want to think Square Enix will be no more if they screw up. This is why I'm staying positive as of now..... until I get pissed off.
I think you're interpreting this wrong. The idea is that if XV fails then the console RPG market isn't there anymore, and so they would shift focus to creating mobile games. It's not like they're worried if XV will live up to their expectations or not, XV will be what XV promises to deliver, but if the consumers aren't interested, they need to change with the market. That's why they've introduced this mobile streaming solution as well as starting to develop more F2P model mobile games for the casual audience, because of large market in the casual scene as well as the average Japanese citizen and their lifestyle. Trains exist all over Japan taking people to work etc, this is the perfect time to play mobile games, this is the type of thing that the Japanese consumer is interested in.

Square Enix will continue to exist whether or not XV is successful, because Square Enix is still profitable in other markets. XIV is very profitable for them, and their mobile games and streaming solution are sure to bring in money. Coupled with their publishing Western games over in Japan and things they do outside of the gaming industry, they're not going to be going away anytime soon.

Edit: Keep in mind they're also talking about the Japanese console market, not the rest of the world.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
What he said. If square goes all mobile I will be alienated from them. All I really play is home systems. I gave up my handhelds and I dont like playing epic games like rpgs on a phone. Mine isn't great anyway.
As will I, but I know this game won't bomb, I have faith in Nomura and Square Enix. Final Fantasy XIV never fails to impress me with what they're doing, there are loads of smart and talented people over in Square Enix, and given the success of the Kingdom Hearts series and my love for those games, why would I have any reason to doubt that this game won't be everything that I want it to be.

Maybe it's just my optimism, but I'm okay with that!

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Maybe it's just my optimism, but I'm okay with that!
I think you've got the right idea. Nomura seems to actually still care about his craft and I bet some of the other Square employees do too. Even the Execs. I'm sure that with the mix of KH and FF in one game 15 can never completely fail. But I worry anyway. I hope it doesn't better than they ever imagined, because if it does it can at least assist the revival of the home RPGs. That's what Project Phoenix is about too, but honestly they don't have nearly as good a show at reviving RPGs back to their former popularity being indie devs. They seem to be heartfelt too, but it takes a big company to set or re-set a trend. And indie game, even if it's great, can only get the ball rolling. Not enough of the other companies and consumers will look to an indie game for inspiration or influence in the market.