The Dead

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
What abandoned or dead series of games do you wish would come back on recent generation of systems?

For me it's Wild ARMs or Star Ocean.
The creator of SO said it was over, but I still want another game since I love them and feel like the idea of traveling to lots of planets in one RPG is not done often enough for me.
With Wild ARMs, it's because it was the only game that made me love Westerns. A weird Western about gunslingers, spells, and martial arts!? I loved those! I heard a rumor about WA6 still being possible. But I've all but given up on Media Vision.

Like with most lesser known devs. Some of the great series they made are fading away. And all they end up doing is helping making games for bigger companies.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Grandia, Mana, Saga...

I could go on forever.

Then there are franchises that have stagnated. Star Fox (hey, the remake was wonderful), Metroid (M was...well, you know).

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Obligatory Shenmue.

To be fair, I'd love for Crash Bandicoot to be revived. Crash 3 was one of the best platformers of its time.

And I'd have to say F-Zero, Star Fox and 2D Metroid.

2D Sonic. Not the Sonc 4 crap, but something more along the lines of the 2D parts of Generations. Although I'd ideally just want a proper Sonic 3 sequel with HD sprites.

Sep 26, 2013
Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, F-Zero, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Mega Man, Castlevania(I have a feeling it's dead after LoS2), Clay Fighter, Earthworm Jim, TMNT Beat'em Up, Battletoads, Banjo-Kazooie(proper sequel, not Nuts), Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Devil May Cry(a proper DMC game) and Viewtiful Joe.