The Generic FF News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
lol I just saw this video, thought it was pretty cool.
applaud the guy for not using AC stuff, and this is more productive than Squat Enix in like 1 mill years lol.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Back in 2010, Siliconera interviewed Motomu Toriyama and they talked to him about next gen consoles and Final Fantasy remakes.

Why bring this up now? The next gen consoles (PS4 & Xbox One) were in development at the time, Toriyama confirmed he's working on a new project that will be revealed this year, and it will of course be his first title on the new consoles. Plus of course the VII Remake.

Here's Toriyama's comments on next gen and remaking FFVII in 2010:

As a director, what was the most important thing you learned when developing Final Fantasy XIII?

Toriyama:
The most important lesson that I learned was creating the technology for the current generation high definition consoles took a much longer time than previous games to get the project rolling. Before the next generation consoles come out I want to be prepared with the fundamental technology in place to get the game moving.

You worked on a bunch of Final Fantasy games. Which one would you want to remake the most?

Toriyama:
[Laughs.] That would be Final Fantasy VII!

If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project. If we can get the number of people we need by all means that would be the one I would really want to remake.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Let's discuss all the notable Square Enix staff not confirmed to be working on any announced projects.

Motomu Toriyama - Confirmed he is working on a project that will be announced in 2015.

Hiroyuki Ito - Some speculate he's helming FFXVI. But to be clear, no word since he provided the battle design for Deadman's Cross.

Yuji Abe - Confirmed he was working on a Kitase project in February 2014.

Daisuke Watanabe - No word since Lightning Returns.

Nobuyuki Matsuoka - No word since Lightning Returns.

Jun Akiyama - Was working on Versus XIII for an unknown period of time.

Additionally, the following key staff worked on Mobius Final Fantasy which has since released in Japan but is getting content updates.

Toshiyuki Itahana - Character designer for Mobius

Mitsuto Suzuki - Composer for Mobius.

Toshitaka Matsuda - Art director for Mobius.

Last edited:

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Do we... really need another thread for this sort of things... this obsession of staff of Square-Enix is getting unhealthy. I don't want to go as far as saying "who cares" as you obviously do, and you're someone. I have been openly said that I do appreciate the occasional information drop and value your knowledge on this type of matter, that said, it felt like every week a thread similar is opened which are all too similar, and from the general responses rate of these threads, the interest is low.

I don't want to shot down people's passion, because I know this means a lot to you, but please understand, at least from a bystander's point of view, this is a bit unhealthy for both the forum, and possibly for you.

Last edited:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Do we... really need another thread for this sort of things... this obsession of staff of Square-Enix is getting unhealthy. I don't want to go as far as saying "who cares" as you obviously do, and you're someone. I have been openly said that I do appreciate the occasional information drop and value your knowledge on this type of matter, that said, it felt like every week a thread similar is opened which are all too similar, and from the general responses rate of these threads, the interest is low.

I don't want to shot down people's passion, because I know this means a lot to you, but please understand, at least from a bystander's point of view, this is a bit unhealthy for both the forum, and possibly for you.
The core reason why we have a Toriyama thread is because you kept making too many of them. The same applies to this subject as well. Reuse an existing thread. It's not that hard. Use some common sense.
Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.