The Generic FF News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, some new stuff has come out regarding Final Fantasy IX's PC version. According to news blog nichegamer.com, the game will require the installation of Android plugins on your PC:

In order to play FINAL FANTASY IX it is necessary to download and install a software installer program and certain third party plugins. The installer software incorporates certain third party plug-ins, which are governed by the open source licenses and other provisions ascribed to them below. The application of these licenses is limited strictly only to the plugins to which they are stated expressly to apply:
  • Android Support Library / Android SDK Terms and Conditions, Apache License 2.0
  • Android Support Library
  • Android SDK
Basically this means if you don't install Android developer software, you cannot play this game. This is just... I have no words for this.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Gotta hand it to Square. They sure know how to take my money.

I didn't even like FFIX. I've bought it 4 times throughout my life, and I've yet to finish it on my own. I've only seen the ending once when I left a friend (who loooves IX) take over while I watched him finish the game. It's just never gotten a grip on me. So, I just bought it again when it came out for android, and as much as I love the new graphics and all that, now I can't pick it back up because I don't want to play it on my phone.

So, now I'm going to end up buying it a 6th time for the PC and probably STILL not get through it. At a certain point, this is a sickness.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
Gotta hand it to Square. They sure know how to take my money.

I didn't even like FFIX. I've bought it 4 times throughout my life, and I've yet to finish it on my own. I've only seen the ending once when I left a friend (who loooves IX) take over while I watched him finish the game. It's just never gotten a grip on me. So, I just bought it again when it came out for android, and as much as I love the new graphics and all that, now I can't pick it back up because I don't want to play it on my phone.

So, now I'm going to end up buying it a 6th time for the PC and probably STILL not get through it. At a certain point, this is a sickness.
My story with FFIV xD I've bought it multiple times, but I still haven't managed to finish it.
Maybe someday... I have lots of platforms to choose from :p

-----
Now, Square, give me my FFXII HD Remaster or Steam release or something!

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
As I said on Nova, it's just awesome. I've always wanted this game with dual audio.
Now, I have a more than capable PC, so if Square Enix announces FFXV for Steam, I won't have any real reason to keep my PS4 :/ It'll be tempting to trade it for a finer graphic card.
What about PS4 exclusives or games that are not on STEAM?(i.e: Persona 5, KH3, Dragon Quest XI, etc)

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
What about PS4 exclusives or games that are not on STEAM?(i.e: Persona 5, KH3, Dragon Quest XI, etc)
I thought about those games, but aside from Persona 5 (only finished P3) and maybe Dragon Quest, there aren't a lot of games that tie me to my PS4. I always bought my PSs for the Final Fantasies, and if I can get better version of my FFs on PC (my main platform) then I don't find any REAL need to keep my PS4 gathering dust down at my living room. And what about JRPGs that may be exclusive to Sony's Japanese console, you may ask? For some time until nowadays, Steam and GOG have started to get an overflowing amount of JRPG (and WRPGs), from classics like Gradia II and the other FFs (IV, V, VI...), to the modern stuff like Tales of Zertiria, Valkirya Chronicles, The Last Remnant, and FFXIII Trilogy, FFXIV, and so forth...

The only who can 'save' my PS4 right now is my wife and her newborn love for racing games. I can get them on PC, but she enjoys playing on the living room, so... Yeah.
I'll see what happens. But if FFXV and an hyphotetical FFXIIHD are announced for Steam, my PS4 is in serious danger of getting sold.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
During a Twitch streaming, S.E confirmed that the Steam ports won't have dual Audio and the game will be locked at 30fps (PCMaster race butthurt ensues).

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
During a Twitch streaming, S.E confirmed that the Steam ports won't have dual Audio and the game will be locked at 30fps (PCMaster race butthurt ensues).
Wonder if it can be modded to be 60, like Dark Souls and Tales of Zestiria.
Hopefully.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
settings..jpg

Outside of the 30 FPS cap the port actually looks like it's gonna be decent, nice to see them at least try a bit harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.