The great Final Fantasy XVI Staff Debate: Who do you want?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who do you want to direct Final Fantasy XVI?

• Yoshinori Kitase (FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII, FFXII IZJS)

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Motomu Toriyama (FFX, FFX-2, FFXII RW, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, LR FFXIII)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hajime Tabata (BC FFVII, CC FFVII, FF Type-0, FFXV)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Nova_Somnus

Balamb Garden Freshman
@Nova_Somnus: His hands free for years? Ito did work on two mobile games, Guardian Cross and Deadman's Cross, the latter was released last year. There is a slim chance he is indeed involved with something larger, as Hashimoto has stated back in 2013 that Ito's been "planning and doing some proposals for a new project", but only time will tell whether or not this will come to fruition, and if so, if it'll be a FF game.
Ito's hands have been free for 10 years. The two mobile games you mention are all we know he's done, as they've been announced and released. Do you know how much time he actually spent on those two games? I bet you don't, because if you did, you wouldn't have brought them up. Ito spent six weeks on both games combined (four on Guardian Cross and two on Deadman's Cross). Six weeks. So in 10 years you expect us to believe his six weeks of work on two mobile games kept him busy for 10 years? Don't be ridiculous, brah. The man has obviously got something bigger happening behind closed doors.

Also, I'll even add this recent statement from Naoki Yoshida:
“If I were to consider doing a new project, I’d love to do something completely in secret and tell no one. Then get it polished up to a playable level and suddenly reveal it. I’d love to surprise people by doing that.”
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/meet-the-man-who-redeemed-final-fantasy?page=2

I wouldn't be surprised if Ito was doing exactly this while making FF16. He's getting the game so far along that by the time it gets announced, it's basically ready for release. None of the releasing 10 years after announcement bullshit that plagued FF15.

Last edited: