The Last Guardian Making Progress Under "Completely New Conditions"

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Sony's long-in-development adventure game The Last Guardian was nowhere to be seen last weekend during PlayStation Experience, and that might be due to a recent development for the title.

Director Fumito Ueda spoke about The Last Guardian in this week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation (translated by Kotaku), saying the game is now moving forward under "completely new conditions."

"Talks with Sony Computer Entertainment on The Last Guardian have been ironed out, and we're making progress under completely new conditions," Ueda said. "I'm also working on some other things that I'll hopefully be able to show in time if progress is smooth."

Ueda didn't elaborate on what he meant by "new conditions," though it's possible he was referring to The Last Guardian transitioning from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. The game was announced back in 2009 as a PS3 title, though Sony has dodged questions about platforms in the time since.

The Last Guardian has made "slow progress" for years, and has even gone through a "reengineering," though it's unclear exactly what that means.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/last-guardian-making-progress-under-completely-new/1100-6424153/

Well, at least we know something.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Well lets wait, i´m patient if can wait for FFXV for nearly a nine years(and still counting) without loosing interest then waiting for The Last Guardian wont be any different.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I think this is very much in line with Final Fantasy XV. Lots of ambition that couldn't be realized on the PS3, and so development has been rough and will eventually make its way to the PS4.