The Square Enix titles in unknown territory post-E3

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Final Fantasy Explorers - International release
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest - International release
Final Fantasy Agito - International release
Final Fantasy Agito+
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike - International release
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy - International release for PS Vita
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
Deadman's Cross - PS Vita for Europe/Australia

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Vita stuff is very likely dead and not coming. G-Bike absolutely bombed in Japan compared to Record Keeper and Mobius so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to bother now - but then again they appeared to have high hopes, even doing interviews for it at E3/Gamescom last year.

Explorers I firmly believe is coming.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Vita stuff is very likely dead and not coming. G-Bike absolutely bombed in Japan compared to Record Keeper and Mobius so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to bother now - but then again they appeared to have high hopes, even doing interviews for it at E3/Gamescom last year.

Explorers I firmly believe is coming.
Sweet! Can't wait to play Explorers and Mobius.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Of course he can't. Dan is awesome (Not the point) and he doesn't want to lose his job for spoiling the announcements early.
True, but if there are no plans for something like releasing Deadman's Cross Vita in Europe/Australia for example I'm sure he could say "There are currently no plans".

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
A lot of the time he also simply might not know, and he can't comment on what he hasn't been briefed on. There's a lot of gateways this information passes through, and it's only disseminated to certain people and departments at very specific times. The actual PR/Community rep that interacts with the Press/Community directly is usually on the further end of the information chain... and they're very often working things out and piecing information together themselves!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Final Fantasy Explorers - January 2016
Theatrhythm Dragon Quest - International release
Final Fantasy Agito - International release
Final Fantasy Agito+
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike - International release
Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy - International release for PS Vita
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius
Deadman's Cross - PS Vita for Europe/Australia
Two months later, as Alex firmly believed Explorers is coming January 2016.
Yuji Horii has no idea about Theatrhythm confirming it's up to Ichiro Hazama.
Zero word on anything Agito or G-Bike.
Chaos Rings creator left Square Enix, so as Alex said it is pretty much dead.
Everything is quiet on Exvius.
No word on Deadman's Cross.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I swear, one little hiccup of that PS2 Musashi game and they abandon it. Samurai Legend had some interesting, if not, amazing moments in the game but it was discriminated by the amateur voice acting and even simplistic gameplay. But the style, locations, setting and even the music (Hamauzu music, mind you) is just absolutely gorgeous.

They really need to give it a second chance. I don't know when they'll even consider it but that option is still made available for them to turn to.
Huh, I would have expected more from Tai Yasue in terms of gameplay.

There would need to be a producer or director in Square Enix who'd want to bring it back then they'd need to find a developer, not easy, especially since the guy incharge of those games left.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Legitimately, Nomura is the best choice available to direct a Musashi seeing it's an ARPG and all..... Who knows when that'll ever happen....
I disagree. Yasue, but he's got his hands full as well, without him Nomura would actually have to do more for KH3 and thus he wouldn't have as much time for VII Remake.