The truth about FFXVersus XIII

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I was thinking of pre-sequel stuff. Plus, the death worship doesn't extend to real-world death-related iconography (reapers).
yes, the imagery is more light in tone, Etro is depicted more like a valkyrie than anything else; the winged pattern is present on both games tho.

i think it was mentioned Pulse and the falcies were worshipped in gran pulse (in the XIII novel i think).

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Going on the assumption this is legitimate, it confirms what SE has been telling us for 3 years. BD2 took as much of Versus they could in the time they had to develop this game. And somehow I don't think they consciously decided to take the bad parts.

Frankly, had Versus been any good, Occam's Razor would dictate that -- they would have released Versus.
Not necessarily what if Versus was just too expensive and they didn't think it would sell well until now goddammit

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I have a lot of pressure right now, there a three reasons Im doing that (a part of me does not feel right).

Please FORGET about that FF Versus XV or wathever, ITS TOTALLY FAKE.
Don't worry some of us are here to make it real, besides I totally want to see what Nomura was going for I'm always interested and love his work yes including KH358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded(WHICH DIDN"T NEED TO EXIST) yeah fight me
#RebootVersus right @llazy77

Oh and BTW if your plot is real oh boy it's a doozy I want to see it in it's full form the entire trilogy unless they can actually make it one game, but man I want the entire story make it a book or something then if it sells well make it a game.

>The saga was going to have three games and the original idea was finishing it in 2020-2021.

Also I'm not so sure what to think of this part though on this NeithOF someone who allegedly spoke to the plot leaker said that 2014 was for Part 1, 2016 was for Part 2, 2018 was for Part 3
Ferrari also said the FFXV Part 1 was dated for 2014

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018
5. Ardyn. A character that was respected was Ardyn at least a great porcentage, he was not only Lucis Caelum but Fleuret too. Because of the obvious reestructure of Tabatas FFXV with just one chosen they had to make what they did. He was the first chosen and he just wanted to kill every single crystal.
I have a question, what about Safay then? cause i feels like all thoses "leaks" are mixing both original xv and old v13.

7. Travels in time. That was just other thing they ommited but at the same time hinted, a part of the story in versus XIII was travelling in time to try to change events that happens, that was possible because of Umbra. It was an important part, the point of that was Noctis not accepting all the tragedies he was living but at the end he realises that what destiny wants to happen it will no matter what you try to change.
Again due to the reestructure, versus had certain things that were aso little bit convoluted like the world of dreams and that time travels, Tabata did not like anything of that as he wanted a direct no complicated story.
Wasn't time travel added around 2015 and noctis becoming old was never a thing? i believe it has been comfirmed somewhere.

just wondering.

edit: then, can you tell who exactly is he ?

Is that Safay or beta loqi? or "lupus"?

Last edited:

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
@Takeshi Sendo
Thank you for sharing this info a great read.
But what about the blood moon we saw in episode duscae and trailers?
Why was it removed and what story was behind that?

Also the badge/sign of Insomnia what meaning has it exactly or who represents that?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
edit: then, can you tell who exactly is he ?

Is that Safay or beta loqi? or "lupus"?
he claims Lupus was how Ravus was named originally.

@Takeshi Sendo
Thank you for sharing this info a great read.
But what about the blood moon we saw in episode duscae and trailers?
Why was it removed and what story was behind that?
from what i get, all the information he claims to know is here, he doesnt know anything else i think.

Takeshi Sendo

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 18, 2018
I have no idea about safay roth or anything, so sorry I wanted to be sure that every single thing I put was the 1000% real info and the things I know.

About the red moon I know as much as you guys! Reading things about Duscae demo and stuff like that.

In fact I was reading yesterday the data leak and I was so surprised about the existence of a ninja village, sometimes I ask myself if its good to know more than we need to know... they had to cut more than I previously thought.

Noctis you dont have to give me thanks at all, its a pleasure and believe me I had the real need to do that.

Edit: Lupus was Stella's older brother, the biggest change/cut they had to make for having a clear coherent story was to remove everything about the other crystals/chosen theme to have focus on Noctis and his journey with him as the only chosen. That was the biggest change lost from versus xiii/ffxv Nomura that the company does not want you to know because they think you wont miss something you never knew but... Im here.

Last edited:

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Edit: Lupus was Stella's older brother, the biggest change/cut they had to make for having a clear coherent story was to remove everything about the other crystals/chosen theme to have focus on Noctis and his journey with him as the only chosen. That was the biggest change lost from versus xiii/ffxv Nomura that the company does not want you to know because they think you wont miss something you never knew but... Im here.
And if this is indeed the case -- jury's still out on this one -- I still don't miss it. The last thing this game needed was multiple Chosen -- Noctis, Lupus, his half-brother Syphilis, and Steamboat Willy -- muddying up a story about brotherhood.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I have no idea about safay roth or anything, so sorry I wanted to be sure that every single thing I put was the 1000% real info and the things I know.

About the red moon I know as much as you guys! Reading things about Duscae demo and stuff like that.

In fact I was reading yesterday the data leak and I was so surprised about the existence of a ninja village, sometimes I ask myself if its good to know more than we need to know... they had to cut more than I previously thought.

Noctis you dont have to give me thanks at all, its a pleasure and believe me I had the real need to do that.

日本人っすか? この情報の元は、自分自身収録したんっすか、それか誰から聞いたことっすか?社員?元社員?業界の人?

もしここで話せないならば、プライベートメッセージで返事してください。

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
日本人っすか? この情報の元は、自分自身収録したんっすか、それか誰から聞いたことっすか?社員?元社員?業界の人?

もしここで話せないならば、プライベートメッセージで返事してください。
What the heck

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Also, Ardyn used to be "Arden", same as Iedolas used to be Idola. I dont know why they changed the name.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
Also Arden has an interesting name meaning.
Arden comes from the Hebrew word for the garden of Eden, meaning a place of solitude and great beauty. Shakespeare used the name an an homage to his mother, whose name was Mary Arden, when he named the solitary and beautiful forest in his play.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Also, Ardyn used to be "Arden", same as Iedolas used to be Idola. I dont know why they changed the name.
I think you are just looking at the Japanese pronunciation of the names.

In Japanese Iedolas is イドラ (Idora) and Ardyn is アーデン (Aaden, the second A notes a longer vowel of the former letter).

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Also Arden has an interesting name meaning.
Arden comes from the Hebrew word for the garden of Eden, meaning a place of solitude and great beauty. Shakespeare used the name an an homage to his mother, whose name was Mary Arden, when he named the solitary and beautiful forest in his play.
If that's the case, then maybe the name "Arden" paid homage to the characteristics of the character.

His fate forced him into a life of loneliness and seclusion, but before that, he showed beauty in the form of being a savior and healer with resemblances to Jesus.

Every name latin name in FFXV has a meaning, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ardyn's name has its own meaning too.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
‘Idola Eldercrapt’
His name has really changed. In 2013 trailer we can see his name is written in the flag. But now he is apparently Iedolas Aldercrapt in everywhere.
There are also Japanese words on the flag, so it's possible that it was just the Japanese localization being used. Like, the JP version still uses Idola, that hasn't changed, same with Aaden (Arden). Probably changed to suit the worldwide release.