The truth about FFXVersus XIII

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
U've yet to hear a compelling argument as to why the 2 games can't coexist. If someone isn't interested in playing one or the other, then they don't have to. Meanwhile, the rest of us get two games to enjoy.
Likewise, I've yet to hear a compelling reason for it to exist.

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
It was graphically a bit unpolished and likely had less budget but I wouldn't look down on LRFFXIII transition to non-linear open world as being a less ambitious thing than what it's predecesors did.
I would happily describe any game that devolves its established heroine into a listless, fetishised, dress up doll as incredibly unambitious. With a complete array of scanty outfits (the majority with the best stats in the game btw) Lightning suddenly having magically increased bust size, complete with jiggle physics. It's always lazy and route and certainly not in any sense of the word, ambitious.

You call this ambitious?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Personally I don’t mind either way.

If by some miracle it becomes an official project, then I’ll have an extra game to play. No loss to me.

In the meantime, since it’s not officially a thing, I pay it no mind since it’s not a good use of my time talking about a “what if” scenario.

It’s the same as the alternative ending drivel. Waste of time.

If it becomes a thing, only then will I pay more attention to it.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I would happily describe any game that devolves its established heroine into a listless, fetishised, dress up doll as incredibly unambitious. With a complete array of scanty outfits (the majority with the best stats in the game btw) Lightning suddenly having magically increased bust size, complete with jiggle physics. It's always lazy and route and certainly not in any sense of the word, ambitious.

You call this ambitious?
dont know what an optional costume (from a huge variety) has anything to do with the game being ambitious or not...

Last edited:

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
It can be a great game and make amazing use of the alternate realities already established and may even explain them better than any DLC could and actually integrate them well in the story
It will never be what you want it to be.

Versus XV is a ''want'' from imagination, a desire created by the lust of something that isn't there. Just like Tidus didn't ''exist'', he was just a dream and eventually dreams are bound to end.

There is no problem with Versus XV existing, but it's identity and soul exists only as a figment of ones imagination. Versus XV is different for everyone wishes for it, they are all the same, but all are different because it isn't there. The ''qualities'' like you listed are only desires. But if in the case that Versus XV ever sees light, it will never be what you imagine it to be. It will never exist to fully fulfill your desires.

It's not that it shouldn't exist, but it ''doesn't'' exist. What you think it is, it isn't.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
It will never be what you want it to be.

Versus XV is a ''want'' from imagination, a desire created by the lust of something that isn't there. Just like Tidus didn't ''exist'', he was just a dream and eventually dreams are bound to end.

There is no problem with Versus XV existing, but it's identity and soul exists only as a figment of ones imagination. Versus XV is different for everyone wishes for it, they are all the same, but all are different because it isn't there. The ''qualities'' like you listed are only desires. But if in the case that Versus XV ever sees light, it will never be what you imagine it to be. It will never exist to fully fulfill your desires.

It's not that it shouldn't exist, but it ''doesn't'' exist. What you think it is, it isn't.

My dude honestly I don't know what on earth you are talking about when it comes to my Versus XV wishes but they aren't very much
Really I'd be satisfied if it's just XV 2013 with a little bit of Versus XIII 2011 as a great game series or great game fulfilling what Nomura wanted to do or at least most of it.
I don't mind if it's not what I imagined it to be as long as it's a great game/ game trilogy then I wouldn't really care to much if it's not what I imagined that's fine by mean as long as it's a great game that contains what I saw in the trailers doesn't have to be everything like if Nomura cut out Stella vs Noctis in the game, or the trilogy then I wouldn't mind as long it is executed well then I'll be ok.

In fact my expectations for a Versus XV either game or trilogy are not that high actually

I expect each game to be better than FFXV but not by much however I will probably like them a lot and they will sate my curiosity for Versus XIII's entire story.

Last edited:

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Really I'd be satisfied if it's just XV 2013 with a little bit of Versus XIII 2011 as a great game series or great game fulfilling what Nomura wanted to do or at least most of it.
This is my point here. ''Fulfilling'' what Nomura ''wanted' to do. I don't, you don't, 99.9% of world doesn't know what Nomura wanted to do. You want to believe that what Nomura had was great, that is your desire.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
dont know what an optional costume (from a huge variety) has anything to do with the game being ambitious or not...
Well, I think there's a decent argument to be made that, given the importance of outfits to LR:FFXIII's battle system, the options given for said costumes were rather uninspired. I definitely got the impression that there was a palette swap problem, and the most revealing costumes seem to have suffered from that the most. >>;

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
This is my point here. ''Fulfilling'' what Nomura ''wanted' to do. I don't, you don't, 99.9% of world doesn't know what Nomura wanted to do. You want to believe that what Nomura had was great, that is your desire.
Great maybe not I hope it's great in the same way I hope KH3 and FFVII Remake is great. Though honestly I think with whatever Nomura planned to do i'd probably like it

Diari

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 24, 2018
Lightning Returns may not have the graphical prowess of its predecessors, and I still find it to be the best in the trilogy. I actually enjoyed the gameplay immensely unlike XIII and XIII-2.
l think people focus on graphics too much. PS2 era there was a balance between graphics and gameplay and look at FFX or KHII they looked fine. Maybe a little bit more polishing was needed and Lightning Returns graphics were fine enough and I LOVED the game, I'd lose sleep playing it constantly, the soundtrack, atmosphere was so good! I'd rather have 5 games with mediocre graphics but fun story with good atmosphere that keeps you stick to the screen and not broken gameplay than 1 big ass game with some empty world with very poorly delivered story and shitty game mechanics like ffxv is!

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
I personally think that the numerous leaks about versus xiii's true nature that are floating on the net all have some validity, but also have a lot of "other stuff" that is added from the perspective of the person delivering the leak. For instance, I do believe that guy from a year ago who talked about changes XV underwent (changing empire's use of ghosts to demons, changing 4 crystals to 1, changing the Lucis line from Gothic worshipers to a "kings of light family"). And I also partially believe some parts of this rumor, like XV actually having inherited much more of versus xiii than we think. These general themes that float around seem true to me, its simply vague information provided from people that had some involvement in that project years ago and that are now elsewhere with their careers and slip a comment here and there. So I don't see a reason for these to be fake, especially if they make sense and align with what we know.

Borzas2010

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 1, 2016
The Original VersusXIII was dead in 2009-2011, (probably original versusXIII antagonist was stella, with the original stella (2009-2011 version) she would have been more important than later was (2013 version).) Nomura or one of the team member clearly stated back then the gameplot changed month after month it was never really finished! E3 2013 version was really nearly the same story as we get from FFXV (well,probably the core elements I don't know,), Arden was the antagonist, Stella don't have big role as we tought, (IF this leak is true) he clearly changed the game from 2007-2009-2011 version. But I don't think this leak its true.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
Jaroslavl
vk.com
Nomura and Kitase working together until december 2013, after that Tabata got a ship.
  • First of all: youtu.be/5JaJBtakKHM - bad team managment
  • Second: youtu.be/hr4ADjG9f68 - shrink
  • and last: youtu.be/4xQHuG0SYnw?t=89 massive rewrite to Tabata's wants
Nomura, Nojima and Kitase working together when made FFVII, FFVIII so it must be third solid game from them. Nomura had a vision, he is designer, Nojima wrote awesome story, and cut to Tabata's wants.
Btw KINGSGLAIVE main character must be NOCTIS. Cuz in original plot he have a fight Niflheim invasion. Already rewriten plot with Nomura trailer of 2013, before massive cutdown of Tabata, illustrate that youtu.be/IcUSXub_ypU?t=139 and dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-director-explains-why-niflheim-invasion-from-e3-2013-trailer-isnt-included-in-the-game

Before swap of director, Nomura vision already changed to FFXV with no links to FFXIII.

//And guys.. don't be dumbss look how long and so many works Nomura and how meh-much works Tabata
  • wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura
  • wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajime_Tabata

This is just stupid blaming Nomura for long working.. he not only one, he has a leadership, he never make mistake. Project just taken and given to Tabata during Square's enix projects develop optimization. Game already be full written, complete and activelly development.

Tabata just got a flag and cut everything to timeline.

And also Crisis Core not Tabata's game.. it's good because NOMURA, KITASE and NOJIMA working on this. All three of them a godlike guys.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//For people who absolutely love "A World of the VERSUS Epic":

I made reshade and also compiled other awesome mods to make our own "ⅩⅤersus" (?)

Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 07.48.06.16.jpg
Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 07.46.16.11.jpg Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 05.47.46.49.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 07.43.49.90.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 02.32.05.29.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 02.33.48.50.jpg Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Screenshot 2018.04.06 - 06.45.34.54.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.12 - 11.56.55.62.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 02.40.56.02.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 06.52.17.83.jpg Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Launcher Screenshot 2018.04.04 - 02.21.19.05.jpg
#this is old screenshots (not represent actual version but still ok). i'll made 3 versions "realistic", "Versus" (atmosphere) and "KINGSGLAIVE" (movie tone)
if you can teach me moding game archives plz PM me and if you can sponsored me a little bit write me too, links to steam and vk in my profile, thank you.

Last edited:

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Nomura and Kitase working together until december 2013, after that Tabata got a ship.
  • First of all: youtu.be/5JaJBtakKHM - bad team managment
  • Second: youtu.be/hr4ADjG9f68 - shrink
  • and last: youtu.be/4xQHuG0SYnw?t=89 massive rewrite to Tabata's wants
Nomura, Nojima and Kitase working together when made FFVII, FFVIII so it must be third solid game from them. Nomura had a vision, he is designer, Nojima wrote awesome story, and cut to Tabata's wants.
Btw KINGSGLAIVE main character must be NOCTIS. Cuz in original plot he have a fight Niflheim invasion. Already rewriten plot with Nomura trailer of 2013, before massive cutdown of Tabata, illustrate that youtu.be/IcUSXub_ypU?t=139 and dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-director-explains-why-niflheim-invasion-from-e3-2013-trailer-isnt-included-in-the-game

Before swap of director, Nomura vision already changed to FFXV with no links to FFXIII.

//And guys.. don't be dumbss look how long and so many works Nomura and how meh-much works Tabata
  • wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura
  • wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajime_Tabata

This is just stupid blaming Nomura for long working.. he not only one, he has a leadership, he never make mistake. Project just taken and given to Tabata during Square's enix projects develop optimization. Game already be full written, complete and activelly development.

Tabata just got a flag and cut everything to timeline.

And also Crisis Core not Tabata's game.. it's good because NOMURA, KITASE and NOJIMA working on this. All three of them a godlike guys.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//For people who absolutely love "A World of the VERSUS Epic":

I made reshade and also compiled other awesome mods to make our own "ⅩⅤersus" (?)

View attachment 995
View attachment 997 View attachment 998 View attachment 999 View attachment 1000 View attachment 1005 View attachment 1001 View attachment 1002 View attachment 1003 View attachment 1004 View attachment 1006
#this is old screenshots (not represent actual version but still ok). i'll made 3 versions "realistic", "Versus" (atmosphere) and "KINGSGLAIVE" (movie tone)
if you can teach me moding game archives plz PM me and if you can sponsored me a little bit write me too, links to steam and vk in my profile, thank you.
As much as I like Nomura's, Nojima's and Kitase's works, you can't deny that if their vision for V.XIII/XV worked as was planned, it would remain intact without the need of changing directors and make the mentioned cuts. At one point the project was about to be cancelled after all.

Did the game turn out to be full of unrealized potential, undercooked in many areas and barely holding up as a single experience? Sure, but it's not likely having to do with Tabata and his team just wanting to cut everything good the initial concept we were promised - the tech, experience and time limitations were a factor.

Just read about any game development, it's never about just a single person or creative mind, but multitude of factors, crunches and deadlines.
Having the engine being developed at the same time as a game alone must have had a huge impact on the overall development process.

"And also Crisis Core not Tabata's game.. it's good because NOMURA, KITASE and NOJIMA working on this. All three of them a godlike guys."
I'll be honest, this just sounds silly, mate. Have you read FFX official novella by Nojima involving Tidus's head? Better don't.