1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

The Walking Dead Discussion (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tsukiyomi, Oct 14, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

With season 4 of The Walking Dead finally here, I thought a topic about everything TWD should be made. Looks likd there are some fans on here, so why not? I'll put something in this post later to start, just wanted to get it started.

2. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

So yeah. That episode...

Looks like it's time to avoid eating pork!

Sapientia likes this.
  3. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

YESSSHHH. Okay, can I just start out my first post reminding everyone that TWD's season four premiere hit over 16 million views?? According to AMC I guess it was more than the NFL...or college football or something. Either way, that is pretty amazing.

4. Tsukiyomi

I'm not surprised. Even my parents watch it, i'd even say they're a bigger fan than me, and i've seen the past 3 seasons at least 2 times while waiting for season 4, and I completely forgot to put a spoiler warning in the thread title... Is there a way to change it? a mod or something maybe?

Sapientia likes this.
  5. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

One thing...why didn't Rick grab Herschel that day and have him look at Violet (real cute, Carl)? He's a vet, isn't he?

6. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

You should be able to click on some kind of blue button (don't remember what it says) next to "Watch Thread" and change the title.

Tsukiyomi likes this.
  7. Tsukiyomi

Done! On the topic about zombie games from the other thread, I really want to play DayZ for the PC. It's really similar to TWD, your worst enemy are other players, using guns is a no-no when it comes to zombies, and you can even set up camp in a big fortified place if you got enough players.

8. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

When and how do you think The Governor will pop back up? I thought for sure he was going to be that crazy lady's "Eddie" from last weekend but was proven wrong.

9. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

My guess is the first time we'll see him is...

So, we saw in the premiere that Michonne has been going on solo runs to nearby towns near the prison on her horse, Flame to hunt down the governor, or maybe scout out his location if she can find him. She and Daryl have a pretty big bone to pick with the governor so I'm wondering if maybe in a future mission, like the run to Macon she mentioned to Daryl and Rick (I get the feeling Rick isn't too happy about Michonne going out and about by herself, and maybe "worrying" others?). My original idea was that she, Rick, and Daryl would try to track him down immediately, but the fact that in the six or seven months that have passed since they drove him out of Woodbury (Scott Gimple talked about the time gap in the Talking Dead) kind of worries me. Where is the governor, exactly? Hiding close to the prison or keeping an eye on them from far away, perhaps in another town of idiots he's watching over? What has he been doing in those six-seven months?
    The governor does have that one black dude and Martinez, who, being the dumbasses they are decided to stick around with the governor after he slaughtered their fellow comrades in cold blood. So all my cards are on the table. Considering this world? Hell, he could be anywhere, doing anything.
    As for the first confrontation, I think it will be in Macon when Michonne goes there on her run she's been planning (wonder if there's a reference there to the game at all?). I hope someone goes with her, though. She's not good with a gun, and I'm sorry, but katana vs. machine gun just ain't gonna fly.

And yeah. Too early for me to throw out any theories, more just what I know and maybe a general direction of how Gimple wants to handle the governor's return.

Joshua likes this.
  10. Tsukiyomi

I think he might not appear until the mid season finale, cause cliffhangers and all.

11. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Episode 2. Wow. I was not expecting that much. My heart goes out to Michonne. I've always wondered if maybe she was some type of mother before everything went to heck.

12. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Yeah, sure seems like they are hinting at that.

From an overall episode perspective, getting a little annoyed how readily they kill people off on the show now. It literally means nothing when someone on the show dies now, they've removed any shock and surprise.

Granted, I know that Karen was a minor character. But she was basically the final familiar face from Woodbury and the only survivor to The Governor's roadside massacre of his people.

Does anyone read the comics as well?

POSSIBLE COMIC SPOILER:
    I have a REALLY bad feeling about them borrowing one of the more sickening stories from the comic when they introduced the two little girls last night :(

Sapientia likes this.
  13. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I definitely agree. Unless it's one of the huge characters that dies, I don't really feel anything if, like you said, the minor characters are killed off. Clara was a bit different for me, though, because we got to see how Rick reacted to her just suddenly giving up.
    Seeing Karen and David (think that was his name) burned, though...that was a little unsettling. I mean, why didn't the council bother telling Tyreese? He'd obviously find out eventually what happened to her, and he does at the beginning of episode 3 (I watched the preview on AMC's site).
    And all of the people in Cell Block D? Yeah, didn't really care (that sounds horrible, but I'm pretty sure its true for everyone) if a few of them died. But I will say the sudden attack/influx of walkers with NO ONE noticing up until that point is way too convenient. The night before when Patrick died, how on earth did Karen not see the pool of blood on the shower floor? Did she really fall asleep in seconds so that she didn't hear Patrick walking around? And the mustache dude, he didn't even thrash or try to shove the walker off? I get it his throat was ripped out, but dude, come on...

And no, I don't read the comics. I read the first volume (however many books are in the hardcover edition, that's what I have) and really didn't like it. Granted I kind of detest the whole comic style and can never take anything seriously, didn't like the dialogue, or how fast it just moved through everything. So, no, but at least I tried to read them. The show and game are just my favorite adaptations of the world.

Edit: Like Yvette said on Talking Dead awhile back, about "Richonne": "I WANNA SHIP, I WANNA SHIP!"
    Yeah, that's totally me now. I've boarded this ship and I'm sailing to faraway lands of glory, ahoy!

14. Tsukiyomi

Fail on my part, forgot I made this.

I agree about the killing off characters thing. It makes me very anxious we're gonna lose a major character because one of the minor characters screwed up. First ep, the guy that alerted the walkers in the shopping center, my thoughts were "Oh f**k who is gonna die because of this moron?" Thankfully it was another minor character, but he could of been a great character.

Sapientia likes this.
  15. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Beth's boyfriend, Zach? I kind of like him, loved the "homicidal cop" line about Daryl. Too bad Beth just didn't seem to give a flying f**k when he died. -_- I'm not a big fan of her character, I've gotta admit. I hope to god she gets more character development this season.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  16. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

While talking to a fellow TWD friend she pointed out something that seems like it should be so obvious, but I didn't catch it. In the season premiere, we learn that this new "Bobby" guy (who's conveniently an experienced army medic) was found by Daryl, surviving on his own and seemingly fairly well off on his own. The first thing I should have caught was the fact that he was traveling alone when Daryl found him...on a hunt...very close to the prison.

First things first, how on earth could you possibly survive that long? According to his story, I mean. Daryl didn't question him, or look around for a camp? Nevermind the alcoholism, that's not what I'm worried about (though dimming your senses during a zombie apocalypse isn't too bright).

If he were really an army medic, and the closest "post" or "station" or whatever you want to call it may have been the one the Governor and his men raided (after killing all of those soldiers, which I still laugh at. He probably would've been gunned down the second he reached for his gun.) that band of soldiers' supplies and weapons. So whether Bobby was former military or not, I think it's odd that if, if, Bobby was active in the military when all of that crap went down, where'd his men go? Surely they'd be loaded with tons of guns and plenty of tanks and whatnot (episode one)?

And in the first episode of season 4, I think the fact that the group scouted out a store where a military camp had set up and Bobby's a medic in the army is a connection. Again, if he was a medic and still active, couldn't he have come from one of those camps? There's also a short scene of him standing outside the store after the others have gone in and he glances down at a soldier with the bottom half of him ripped off (I'd like to know why so many of those bodies were sliced in half), and I just didn't like his look. Seemed really fishy to me.

So my friend suggested Bobby was sent by the Governor to either kill everyone in the prison by bringing in that new disease, or to take out Rick and his inner group. Who knows, but I don't trust him one bit. I get the feeling he might have some hidden PTSD problems that might make him doing something that could endanger the rest of the group. :/

17. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Episode 3, guys...and shit's about to go down. Hard. Watching the previews after Talking Dead and on AMC's website...this one's gonna be rough.
    And since we already know Tyreese dies (he gets surrounded by ten+ walkers with nothing but his hammer...come on, the dude's a goner)
    I'm guessing maybe we'll meet a new character, possibly related to Bobby? I really have no idea. It's impossible to know with TWD.

18. Tsukiyomi

I hope Bobby doesnt get any of the main cast killed. It takes alot to make me hate a character but that will do it.

Sapientia likes this.
  19. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I don't trust him at all. AT ALL.

20. Tsukiyomi

How can a pre opening scene send chills like THAT? Amazing.

Sapientia likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!