1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

The Walking Dead Discussion (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tsukiyomi, Oct 14, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Sapientia, it's been a couple weeks now - how has the midseason finale sat with you? I am pleased as punch that:

The governor has been dealt with. The new virus thing has seemingly been dealt with. That they are teasing something else with the sicko within the prison (though they are seemingly making it so obvious as to who it is).

There were some things I didn't like, though minor:

Megan's death was pretty lame. Megan/Lilly/Tara got such excellent introductions in the two episodes prior, I thought the writing for these two was exceptional. So the confrontation felt rushed given the pacing of the previous two weeks, though I can live with that.

So where do you think we'll go from here? Who will the unknown psychopath be? With the group potentially split up heading into the back 8, how do you think this will play out? And the biggest cliffhanger revolved around that bloody carseat - how do you think that'll be resolved?

My personal predictions (speculation ahoy!):

- Carol and Tyrese were involved in the comics FYI. It just seems too obvious that Tyrese will stumble upon her on the road - especially given that 1) he doesn't know she killed his girlfriend yet due to the interruption 2) and he has the children, her "daughters", with his faction of the group. So they find each other, develop a friendship and/or romance, and maybe drama ensues?

- I'm going to guess Judith survived. Interestingly enough, her comic counterpart died during The Governor's big prison ambush, but in a different way. I'm guessing she's alive and OK and Lilly or Tara have her.

- The sicko dude is going to be the weirdo alcoholic guy.

Sapientia likes this.
  2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

I definitely still think it was really good, yeah.

A few more thoughts on the episode.
    I forgot to mention Megan's death. I actually really liked her and Tara and was sad (well, sort of, until I remembered that she was mowing down anyone in her path...) when she kicked the bucket.

I agree with you about Judith. For one, the straps were unbuckled, and no walker would ever do that - they'd probably just eaten her in it if they had gotten to her. My guess as to who's she with, that is, if she's alive at all:
    • Tying into the previous episode where Michonne cries when holding Judith, perhaps Michonne went back for Judith before Rick and Carl found the empty carrier? It's far-fetched since we can assume that Michonne had to have gone past Rick to purposely look for Judith, and so right now I'd say the chance of her having Judith is looking slim.
    • It would make sense (too much sense?) if Tyreese escaped with Judith (since I saw a screen on Tumblr showing Tyreese escaping with what looks to be something in his arms) and the little girls, finding Carol. That would create a nice little sub-plot where Carol has to decide whether to tell Tyreese would do at the possible cost of her losing her life or to face him anyways. Though personally, I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't Lizzie or Mica, and Carol just lied to Rick to cover for them for their safety.
    • Last but not least, perhaps Beth has Judith and she and Daryl are left to protect Lil' Ass-Kicker?
    Either way, it's hard to predict anything right now.

And I read up on how Judith and Lorie died in the comics, and I'm glad they didn't go that way in the show. I think I would've puked if I saw a baby being ran over by a tank. D:

Joshua likes this.
  3. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Paging Sapientia! Are you watching the new episodes yet?

Looks like I was right about my 1st prediction (Carol and Tyrese), half-right on the 2nd (Judith), and completely wrong on the 3rd (Identity of the psychopath).

Interesting they have decided to go with a psychopath, rabbit-mutilating, baby-smothering 12-year-old girl as a character.

4. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Yep, definitely still watching!
    Yeah, who knew that little girl would go off the deep end like that. >.>

5. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

I didn't like last night's episode. :/

6. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

S4 finale is next week.

Who will die?
    Who will be reunited?

And...
    what about Beth?

And...
    is Terminus a giant camp of cannibals that lure people in with false safety?

7. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Re-animating this thread thanks to the recently premiered Season 5.

So what did you think?

So Terminus... wow. Use spoiler tags where necessary.

Sapientia likes this.
  8. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

The season 5 premiere was crazy.

Carol is BACK WITH AWESOME EXPLOSIONS!

Seeing the group killing the members of Terminus and letting them suffer felt very right.

I'm curious as to whether the group will head to Washington in the next episode or scavenging for supplies

The best episode I've seen a while. More episodes should be the struggle to survive rather than the settling within a safepoint to be honest.

Sapientia likes this.
  9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I have to agree. It was the best episode I've seen in a long time.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!