1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Thoughts on Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve II & Front Mission 3?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Sora96, Feb 1, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

Anyone got some thoughts on Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve II and/or Front Mission 3?

I'm thinking of picking up their PAL PSOne Classics on PS3.

2. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Vagrant Story is one of my favorite games from that era. I think you should play it without question. I didn't enjoy PE II nearly as much as the original. The first PE was great to me because it was like a Resident Evil RPG. Some people didn't like it, I thoroughly did. PE II is barely an RPG at all. It's almost all action-adventure in my opinion. You have a healing spell and that's about it, which I don't see why they even bothered to go that route after stripping away the other RPG elements. I hold the first game in high regard, so don't misunderstand - I don't think II is a bad game at all. A lot people thought it was better, actually. If you really liked the formula of the original, though, it might be disappointing playing the sequel. That's how it was for me. I enjoyed it, but would have rather it been more like I.

3. Sora96

Sora96 Sphere Hunter

The first Parasite Eve was never released in PAL regions.

4. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Ah, bummer. That might be a good thing if you're interested in playing II then ^_^

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!