Thoughts on Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve II & Front Mission 3?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Vagrant Story is one of my favorite games from that era. I think you should play it without question. I didn't enjoy PE II nearly as much as the original. The first PE was great to me because it was like a Resident Evil RPG. Some people didn't like it, I thoroughly did. PE II is barely an RPG at all. It's almost all action-adventure in my opinion. You have a healing spell and that's about it, which I don't see why they even bothered to go that route after stripping away the other RPG elements. I hold the first game in high regard, so don't misunderstand - I don't think II is a bad game at all. A lot people thought it was better, actually. If you really liked the formula of the original, though, it might be disappointing playing the sequel. That's how it was for me. I enjoyed it, but would have rather it been more like I.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Vagrant Story is one of my favorite games from that era. I think you should play it without question. I didn't enjoy PE II nearly as much as the original. The first PE was great to me because it was like a Resident Evil RPG. Some people didn't like it, I thoroughly did. PE II is barely an RPG at all. It's almost all action-adventure in my opinion. You have a healing spell and that's about it, which I don't see why they even bothered to go that route after stripping away the other RPG elements. I hold the first game in high regard, so don't misunderstand - I don't think II is a bad game at all. A lot people thought it was better, actually. If you really liked the formula of the original, though, it might be disappointing playing the sequel. That's how it was for me. I enjoyed it, but would have rather it been more like I.
The first Parasite Eve was never released in PAL regions.