Versus XIII/FNC/XV development - Destroying the 10 year myth - Lots of reading

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
That's what happens when you hype a game up for 10 years. Square shouldn't announce ffxvi too early and not with any crazy concept footage.
Square probably didn't forsee any issues arising from Versus XIII, until they reared their ugly head during Crystal Tools development, along with the late console gen changes. If the 8th generation of consoles came out in 2011 like they should have, we might have actually gotten Versus XIII as is.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
... I'm not sure if you're aware of just how ignorant this post sounds.. I'm going to be honest and say I'm kinda embarrassed for you here mate...

You speak as if it was 10 years of constant hype. Did you.. even follow the development of this game and understood what happened during..?

P.S.You proved the point I was trying to make a few posts back btw, if you even know what that was. You also misunderstood the nature of my question and you didn't answer what I was trying to ask... like at all =/
Im just tired of arguing the same points over and over. I could write another paragraph but It would just be me repeating stuff Ive said before.

To answer your questions simply, yes it is bad if the development team get shit on this game, but Im not sending them hate mail or anything im just critisizing them on a forum.

As for taking the tiniest details to storm over? Its really a lot of details that are off like content not in the game, stuff in the ultimania that is wrong and some promises not fulfilled. I know that the wording said that its a work in progress or Tabata said they were aiming for that stuff to be in the game and it wasent a gaurentee. But why would you say you aim to deliver more when you know your development limits and how much time you have left. This project was manged very badly, I think square is largly to blame for the bad management but Tabata isnt completely innocent.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Im just tired of arguing the same points over and over. I could write another paragraph but It would just be me repeating stuff Ive said before.
Then perhaps consider taking your own advice and not repeating the same complaints over and over? Especially when other people have already addressed them, repeatedly, on this thread, and others?

The only thing we have agreed upon is that this project was managed very badly.

I made no mention of Tabata at all. Id' rather not get into a director bashing war at this point in time, hence why I deliberately avoided naming names.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Square probably didn't forsee any issues arising from Versus XIII, until they reared their ugly head during Crystal Tools development, along with the late console gen changes. If the 8th generation of consoles came out in 2011 like they should have, we might have actually gotten Versus XIII as is.
Yeah that engine and transferring consoles really hurt them. They were being too ambitious with that engine which hurt XIII's and XIV's development and in turn ruined XV/Versus.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I wonder how much space could have been saved if the game only had two languages (JP & EN)? or only one (JP for Japan and EN for the rest of the world)?
Not a whole lot, but not too little, enough to add more other content I would assume. I would say around 5GB give or take a few for all the language packs. Language packs also require separate pre-rendered scenes to match lip sync. Unless they ignored syncing for other languages.

Personally, I think it was a bad decision to add all of them in, considering I personally won't even bother to touch em. However, I have friends who don't own a PC and don't have internet, living off of mobile data. So, for the masses.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Not a whole lot, but not too little, enough to add more other content I would assume. I would say around 5GB give or take a few for all the language packs. Language packs also require separate pre-rendered scenes to match lip sync. Unless they ignored syncing for other languages.
Lip sync generally isn't ignored for other languages, but that doesn't always mean duplicate video is needed, either -- Squenix usually just has the secondary languages dub over the same video while using dialogue choices and timing to make the video and audio match.