1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Versus XIII/FNC/XV development - Destroying the 10 year myth - Lots of reading

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by llazy77, Dec 13, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Hey Everyone

Hey Everyone ShinRa SOLDIER

Square probably didn't forsee any issues arising from Versus XIII, until they reared their ugly head during Crystal Tools development, along with the late console gen changes. If the 8th generation of consoles came out in 2011 like they should have, we might have actually gotten Versus XIII as is.

2. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Im just tired of arguing the same points over and over. I could write another paragraph but It would just be me repeating stuff Ive said before.

To answer your questions simply, yes it is bad if the development team get shit on this game, but Im not sending them hate mail or anything im just critisizing them on a forum.

As for taking the tiniest details to storm over? Its really a lot of details that are off like content not in the game, stuff in the ultimania that is wrong and some promises not fulfilled. I know that the wording said that its a work in progress or Tabata said they were aiming for that stuff to be in the game and it wasent a gaurentee. But why would you say you aim to deliver more when you know your development limits and how much time you have left. This project was manged very badly, I think square is largly to blame for the bad management but Tabata isnt completely innocent.

3. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

Then perhaps consider taking your own advice and not repeating the same complaints over and over? Especially when other people have already addressed them, repeatedly, on this thread, and others?

The only thing we have agreed upon is that this project was managed very badly.

I made no mention of Tabata at all. Id' rather not get into a director bashing war at this point in time, hence why I deliberately avoided naming names.

4. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Yeah that engine and transferring consoles really hurt them. They were being too ambitious with that engine which hurt XIII's and XIV's development and in turn ruined XV/Versus.

5. xXShuyaXx

xXShuyaXx Clan Centurio Member

Not a whole lot, but not too little, enough to add more other content I would assume. I would say around 5GB give or take a few for all the language packs. Language packs also require separate pre-rendered scenes to match lip sync. Unless they ignored syncing for other languages.

Personally, I think it was a bad decision to add all of them in, considering I personally won't even bother to touch em. However, I have friends who don't own a PC and don't have internet, living off of mobile data. So, for the masses.

6. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

Lip sync generally isn't ignored for other languages, but that doesn't always mean duplicate video is needed, either -- Squenix usually just has the secondary languages dub over the same video while using dialogue choices and timing to make the video and audio match.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!