1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Versus XIII/FNC/XV development - Destroying the 10 year myth - Lots of reading

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by llazy77, Dec 13, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

don't get it, isn't shuya's translation basically the same of noctisx21 friend?

anyway, nice to see some insight into versus noctis.

2. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

His translation made Noctis sound more like Squall 2.0 with the "lack of any sympathy" part.

While Shuya's is more like he was much more shy around different people than he is currently (not that doesn't lack it at all tho).

At least, while seemingly similar, its the context that matters to me most.

Jubileus and Storm like this.
  3. NoctisX21

NoctisX21 Yevonite

why should i bother telling you i`m not ok with this version of the game? you all know it from my past posts :-D

4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Then why you keep repeating the same thing over and over again?

5. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

So in the 7 years between 2006 - 2013 (when the re-reveal happened), Noctis went from "shy introvert only comfortable around his friends" to "slightly-less-shy introvert only comfortable around his friends". I forget - who was directing the project in these 7 years?

Bunansa likes this.
  6. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

It dosent specify exactly when his character changed, we dont know if it was Nomuras doing or if he was changed under Tabatas era in the last few years of development.

7. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

i was rewatching the first or second Versus XIII released trailer, and damn, its the only time we see noctis x stella at all; there's no scene with them about to fight in 2011, or 2013; and giving the popularity of this rivalism, i'd have expected a bit more of that in the later trailers; maybe one of the leaks was right and this plot point changed.

8. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

The fight was removed after 2008 nomura said it was only a concept or something, there was an official interview with this ill see if I can find it.

9. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Frustrated Jacob released a very good video on the marketing of XV

10. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Since we know for sure that the story was changing every 3 months around 2013 with no defined plot, it wouldn't be too surprising.

11. All Hail King Bimpy

All Hail King Bimpy Yevonite

that wasnt actual in game content.

12. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

News Flash: Things change in development.

Jubileus likes this.
  13. NoctisX21

NoctisX21 Yevonite

News Flash:

Tabata changed the whole Versus concept!

14. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

then you don't know both games concepts

15. NoctisX21

NoctisX21 Yevonite

what?

16. Ikkin

Ikkin ShinRa SOLDIER

The Ultimania said flat out that the core concept of Versus -- the struggles of people chosen by the crystal -- was retained in XV. I'm inclined to think that XV's ending drew heavily from Versus' ambitions, too.

17. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Tabata didnt change the entire script but he did modify and cut it heavily. As for the core concept of the game it is somewhat the same but alot of the stuff of the lore wasent used in game, like etro was actually going to be a character in versus and appear in game as well as stuff like "seeing the light of expiring souls", XV is much more simplified.

18. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Source for this?

19. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Watch the 2009 trailer you can see Etro talking to Noctis there around the end, and I think the angel is etro here in these 4 chan leaks

Versus XIII plot: During the last part of the game, one of the villains (allegedly Ardyn) opened the gate to the other dimension/afterlife (which was called Versus). The villains wanted to enter Versus to kill an angel. Since Stella is a ghost, she would have been able to interact with every character in the afterlife world. After the final fight, the angel helped the protagonists come back to the living world but Noctis was too injured, so he ended up sleeping with Stella in the afterlife.

20. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

summons weren't gods and important for the plot in Versus, it's not like Tabata cut things and didn't add others.

and you forget that XV's story is a simplified version of itself; just look at past XV trailers to see how many cutscenes were cut, if tabata had more time i'm almost sure they would make it into the game; tabata needed to wrap up all the mess but if development was normal he'll probably do a more story-driven game in the likes of nomura, he explicity told making the imsomnia invasion playable would cost time and that's why it didn't end up in the game.

you ppl want to make tabata's guilt of the lack of story but i think the real culprit here was the messy development, which for god's sake i hope something like that doesn't happen ever again.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!