1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What anime have you been watching recently?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Aug 3, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I've just started One Piece back in June and I must say, how did I not started watching this anime sooner.

Almost every episode made me laugh my ass off. I've felt there have been barely any fillers presented in the anime and if there were, I enjoyed them most of the time. Better than Naruto's fillers of fillers.

Most of all, I can't imagine how powerful One Piece can be with emotions, especially the tear-jerker moments.
    I'm on episode 380 right now and I'm absolutely in love with it so far.

One Piece has got everything: Badass moments, lovable characters & character development, amazing comedy, barely any fillers seen, emotional moments whether it's flashbacks or present situations in the anime and the quality in almost all episodes I've seen so far has been consistent.

A recent tear-jerker moment I saw from One Piece:

By the way, I'm watching the anime in English sub so I have no idea how does the English dub of One Piece sounds but this English version of the music is just as good.

A recent super funny moment I saw from One Piece:

Those who loves & loved Dragon Ball Z & those who are tired of Naruto (I know I am), this is the anime for you.

[​IMG]

2. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

I don't watch a whole lot of anime anymore, but I've been re-watching the Kara no Kyoukai films as of late, since I just finished the Light Novel a month ago. Easily my favorite work of fiction.

I'd take a recommendation or two for anime to watch (Shoujo, Seinen, Slice of Life is fine).
    I think the last anime I actually followed (outside of Type-Moon stuff) was No Game No Life.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

I am a huge fan of Nodame Cantabile, so I'd recommend that if you haven't seen it yet. A jousei comedy about classical music and very much the only romance/comedy/drama anime really worth watching if you ask me.

If you want some slice-of-life, try Minami-ke.

coffee-san likes this.
  4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Watching Naruto Shippuden and as a Naruto fan i must say, Studio Pierrot adaptation hasn´t been doing justice to the manga and is giving a bad name to the serie.

Watching a few of recent One Piece episodes not often mainly becauce i read the manga, the pacing is loathing, the 1ep : 1ch ration is horrible.

Gangsta, an anime about... gangsters and at the moment it´s 8/10

Still watching Arslan Senki but i need to catch up with the last 5 episodes.

Dragon Ball Super, the first 2 episodes were really good, the following 2 episodes were weak but still enjoyable. 8/10

Ninja Slayer From Animation : inferno cop take on ninjas.... funny 7.5/10

5. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I watched Digimon Adventure 1 and 02. Nostalgia trip.

6. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but FLCL if you haven't already watched it. Only takes 3 hours to watch the entire series.

Are you gonna watch the new one? I lost a lot of interest after they revealed that it's going to be 6 movies and not a TV series. At least the animation maybe won't be shit now.

o_O

7. coffee-san

yeah, I've seen that haha. I've seen most of the classics.

8. Wazi the pa

If you guys want slice of life, try Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso or Your Lie in April, it's known so. Be warned, it's a tear-jerker and definitely one of the best anime of the time it released.

Nanana's Buried Treasure is one of my favorite anime out there.... It so deserves a second season.

I guess that means I have an addiction. :chocowalk:

coffee-san likes this.
  9. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

It's definitely on my plans. But I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it subbed. I'll wait and see if it gets localized.

10. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

I ragequit that show after the ninth episode and I rarely drop an anime. This one looks and sounds very nice, but the writing (in particular the main character and the foreshadowing in the aforementioned episode) are new levels of jdramaness.

Don't hide your passion. I once binged the 200 episodes + specials + movies of Sailor Moon within two weeks. Also managed to watch Card Captor Sakura within a week (70 eps + 2 movies).

Wazi the pa likes this.
  11. ScienceNonfiction

Oh yeah, I always forget that pretty much every Digimon dub that isn't the English one is actually good.

Ok

[​IMG]

12. Mistwalker

Mistwalker Red Wings Commander

Dragon Ball Super, Fate/Zero, RIN-NE and a lot of Gundam, of course :3

13. ScienceNonfiction

Shining FIIIINNGEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!!!!!!

sorry

Mistwalker likes this.
  14. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I think i will try Gundam, any particular that i should watch first ?

15. ScienceNonfiction

G Gundam!

No, just kidding. I'm probably not the best one to ask, since I've only seen G Gundam, which is completely different from any other Gundam series. But if you think you'll be interested in over the top martial arts action with giant robots, then try it out. It's almost like DBZ but with robots. And the characters yell out their special attacks.

Anyway, there is actually an order for the different gundam series. Some are standalone (like G), but others you won't understand without having watched all of them. Or something. Like I said, I don't know too much about it. I believe G, Wing, and 00 are some of the standalone ones.

Mistwalker likes this.
  16. Mistwalker

Mistwalker Red Wings Commander

I would recommend you one from the 'main' Gundam timeline (remember that since G Gundam the franchise started creating new timelines/universes for their main series; the main timeline is known as the Universal Century). For that matter, I recommend you Zeta Gundam (1985), which is one of the best Gundam out there, if not the best. I understand you talk Spanish (I saw your profile, sorry :p), so I recommend you the version from the fansub Athena no Seinto (www.athena-no-seinto.org), which I worked with some friends back in 2006 as a member of that fansub. It's not a perfect work, but it accomplished its purpose and it was also the first Spanish subbed version of the series released :p

If you don't want to start with an Universal Century Gundam, I recommend you: Gundam SEED (Cosmic Era timeline) or Gundam 00 (Anno Domini timeline). SEED (2003) is famous for being a kind-of remake of the first Gundam (0079). There's a lot of people who don't like this one, but it's one of my favourites. 00 (2007) is the first Gundam situated in our timeline and its first season has been considered one of the best in the whole franchise. The second is good, but... not so good.

Those are my recommendations. I know the most popular Gundam for us in Latin America is Gundam Wing, which to date is the only Gundam dubbed and released on TV, but it's not one of the best once you have watched others series in the franchise, so don't go for it if you want to know what a good Gundam is like.

I also recommend for the future: Gundam 0083 (Universal Century), Gundam 8th MS Team (Universal Century), Gundam 0079 (Universal Century), Gundam Unicorn (Universal Century) and Gundam SEED Destiny (Cosmic Era).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Lulcielid likes this.
  17. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Mucho Gundam para tan poco tiempo...sera una experiencia interesante:chocowalk:

Mistwalker likes this.
  18. Wazi the pa

Speaking of Gundam, anyone heard of the latest in the series?

It's called.... Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm pretty stoked about this. And the Gundam model in this anime is so badass looking. I can't be the only one thinking this!

P.S: I've watched too much One Piece and I'm not stopping! I'm on episode 470 now. :chocowalk:

19. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I wonder if some day America will make a show about piloting robots ala Gundam ?

@Wazi the pa you have a long way to go (as of now OP is in episode 704).

20. coffee-san

Gonna be starting KimiUso this week. My feels could use a good shake-up

Wazi the pa likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!