1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What anime have you been watching recently?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Aug 3, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Doing a rewatched of Fate/Zero and it´s still good, good gateway series to the Fate series.

2. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Finished Yuri!!! on ICE a few days ago.

Great show, never thought I'd be into a series about ice skating with only male characters, but here it is and it's such a joyous ride. Go see it, you will definitely not regret it.

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Little Witch Academia, man I have been waiting for this to turn into a TV anime and finally premiered yesterday!

The plot is nothing to complex, it just a bunch of cute girls learning how to be a witch and I´m totally find with that, simple and fun show, exactly how I wanted it to be.
    Each second of the episode left me like:
    Ako smilling smaller.png

4. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Blue Exorcist Kyoto chapter!
    So hype and so glad they're ignoring all the anime-original crap from season 1 to go with the godlike manga plot!

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I wonder if 12 episodes is enough to cover this arc.

6. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Probably. It's only like 15 or so chapters in the manga if I remember correctly. Though I can easily see the anime messing up the pacing.

I really hope they do it justice cause the Kyoto arc is my favorite and Suguro is my favorite character.

7. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

Hey peeps! I figured where better to get advice about anime. So I was hoping you guys and girls could recommend some anime movies/series that I should watch. I love anime although it's not very popular in my part of the world. They don't have to be relatively new, so long as it's something you think any anime fan would enjoy. Thanks in advance.

8. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I´m not good at making recommendation but found this reccomendation list to be interesting, hope you can find something of your liking.

9. AnGer-dono

If you like movies in general, particularly the makes of Hitchcock and Terry Gilliam; check out Satoshi Kon's oeuvre - the four movies Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika as well as his TV show Paranoia Agent and his manga Tropic of the Sea and Opus.

10. Sioux

Sioux PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

Moribito, Guardian of the Spirit. It's decent so far. I don't know why I never got into this way back when.

11. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Lately for me it has been Food Wars and Dragon Ball Super.

12. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

As expected, the RWBY volume 4 finale was awesome! Excellent job by Rooster Teeth yet again. Now the unbearably long wait begins for volume 5.

Lulcielid likes this.
  13. Sioux

At the moment I am working through Macross. A friend torrented all of Macross from the original series to the newest this and that at the time back in 2009 so I've been carrying it around on a hard drive for a while now and finally decided to give it a watch. It's not bad. Dated but not bad.

14. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

15. AnGer-dono

Oh the joy of doing a Macrossthon. I'm currently doing the same thing with the Slayers universe. Probably should also try to tackle UC Gundam at some point (though I've seen bits and pieces of it).

16. Sioux

Ah, yes, Slayers.I remember enjoying a handful of episodes as a young un' in the dark ages of anime in the California. I used to shop for black market VCD packs of anime in the early 2000s at flea markets and I would always see Slayers on the piles of illicit anime goods.

I do believe I have the movie on VCD in my anime collection in storage.

Oh and yes, a million times, yes, get into UC Gundam. It's my favorite version of Gundam. It's probably the closest thing to a realistic interpretation of mechs in the real world as far as Gundams are concerned. Its a touch dated but the story and animation are pretty good for their day. I suggest going with Gundam 0079, Zeta Gundam, and the film Char's Counter Attack. Honestly, after that everything else is simply window dressing or additional stories in and around the events of those two series and the film.

17. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

18. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Before we reach the end of 2017, I'd like to do a rounddown of the animes I've watched this year (or at least that stand out to me)

Shingeki no Kyoujin (season 2) - 9/10
    Roller cooster of excitment and hype, biggest pro being having a more focused narrative, unfortunately I stil don't heavily care about the characters.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generation - 8/10
    Pretty good sequel to Naruto, colorful aesthetics and character design makes for an enjoyable watching experience, most of show right now has been building of a (strong) foundation for I hope would great pay offs, at times the narrative can meander a bit but the (mostly) strong characters can carry the show.

Naruto Shippuden - 9/10
    The last 20 episodes had pleasing visuals and a higher average of good animation than the show normally had before, the last arc makes for a sweet conclusion and send off for the story, definetely cried when the last episode was over.

Boku no Hero Academia (season 2) - 7/10
    Some fastastic bits of animation during the more action heavy or hectic episodes, an entertaining tournament arc, everything after was OK, at first the show was exciting but the latter episodes don't click a lot for me.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryouko - 10/10
    Cute girls doing cute things in a post apocalyptic world, the show is pretty light heart slice of life with surprisingly amount of substance behind, each episode dealing with some philosophical idea around the girls, their situation and the meaning behind certain world pre-conceptions. Definetely the biggest surprise of this year along with another one...

Houseki no Kuni - 9/10
    Singlehandly the pretties CGI anime I've ever seeing, it's just plain gorgeous, that alone is enough to give an 8/10 but with the presence of some quirky characters its enough to up it an extra point.

Little Witch Academia (TV) - 10/10
    The animation may not be on the same level as its predecesor OVAs, that said there are some highlights in each episode, but it makes up for that by having just A LOT OF CHARM & HEART where it counts, and also making me smille in each episode (even the one I didn't particulary like) and feel a lot of emotions when an episode is over.

Kemono Friends - 8/10
    Plain and silly childish charm, that's all I need to say.

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen - 7/10
    An enjoyable sequel

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 9/10
    A charming slice of life featuring a dragon maid with a charming story about what's a family on top of having cute girls, fun comedy and pleasing & colorful aesthetic.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 7/10
    Strong first half dragged down by a weak second half but a bunch of endearing characters manages to carry (most of the time) the show at its weakest.

Fate Aprocrypha - 5/10
    Trainwreck of mess with ugly character designs, backgournd design and overall aesthetic, only reason I still care is to see each Servant/Master will be taken down + Jeanne is best girl of the show.

Made in Abyss - 9/10
    Fantastic adventure fantasy with some gorgeous Ghibli like backgrounds, charming characters with a strong narrative about the seeking of knowledge.

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau - 8/10
    Incredible aesthetic and visuals and a intriguing fantasy world, with incredible use of pastel colors. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the characters, they not awaful nor a hell lot interesting, they are just...there.

Mahoutsukai no Yome (TV) - 8/10
    Interesting take on Europen fantasy & myths complement with pleasing visuals (I think this has become a pattern most animes this year) with the only major negative being the pacing, it kinda drags on a bit.

Dragon Ball Super - 8/10
    Ever since the Future Trunks Arc has been surprising me with how fun and memorable the show can be, what I've liking the most over the past 50 or so episodes have been the gags (most of them either spot on or laughtably ridiculous) and secondary characters getting development in the episodes they are heavily featured.
    Overall animation and aesthetic has also improved but I can't comment further than, mainly because I am not an animation expert, but at the very least it has been enjoyable.

Juuni Taisen - 5/10
    Started strong with a silly battle royal premise but ever since episode 2 the show has been on a constant downhill on top of the animation getting rough on spots, only reason I still care enough is to see how the characters will go down (and so far most of them were anti-climatic).

The King of Fighters: Destiny - 6/10
    Yup, there's a CGI anime for the KOF fighting games, it a weird mix of Fatal Fury and KOF 94 stories, the episodes are 10 minutes long with most characters only having their superficial traits, only reason its score is not lower is becuase it has some decent CG animation and fights.

I think there was more....my memory is at times bad...

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!