What are your Opinions of Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey and The Last Story.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Apr 14, 2015
Germany
I played Infinite Undiscovery a few years ago and it was a decent RPG, though obviously unfinished and far behind it's potential.
It had likeable characters and decent story, which is sadly more than I can say about StarOcean4. The combat was alright, though at times a bit clunky, fighting airborne enemies was damn annoying and navigating the menu was very stressful because the game didn't pause.
It did have some rather cool ideas, like the lunar rain and Vermiforms, the multi-group missions and some other features, but those sadly didn't get utilized very well and seemed unfinished overall. And the music was great Sakuraba stuff.
As I said in the beginning, it's a decent game for all it's flaws and I really enjoyed some of the characters and how they developed. It could have been way better though and it's not something that justifies a lot of effort to play it.

Last edited:

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
The Last Story: Yes! I haven't finished it (don't have access to my Wii at the moment...), but from what I've played, it's a fun little ARPG with a decent story. I have to caution you, though, that I'm a huge Sakaguchi fan, and I stopped playing LS over a year ago, so my account may be unreliable. :p If there are other Wii U games that interest you, you should get that platform instead since it offers backwards compatibility with Wii games.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
The Last Story: Yes! I haven't finished it (don't have access to my Wii at the moment...), but from what I've played, it's a fun little ARPG with a decent story. I have to caution you, though, that I'm a huge Sakaguchi fan, and I stopped playing LS over a year ago, so my account may be unreliable. :p If there are other Wii U games that interest you, you should get that platform instead since it offers backwards compatibility with Wii games.
Is the backwards compatibility for all wii games? I was planning on getting XB Chronicles, the last story, and Zelda Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword but I didn't really want to spend extra money. So those games are compatible with Wii U?

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Is the backwards compatibility for all wii games? I was planning on getting XB Chronicles, the last story, and Zelda Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword but I didn't really want to spend extra money. So those games are compatible with Wii U?
Nintendo officially says "nearly all" Wii games. I can confirm that LS works (I've played it on my Wii and Wii U), and from what I've checked, the other games you've listed should also work. All you'd need is a Wiimote and nunchuk (and play the games through the Wii U's "Wii Mode").

Do you have a Wii U already?

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Nintendo officially says "nearly all" Wii games. I can confirm that LS works (I've played it on my Wii and Wii U), and from what I've checked, the other games you've listed should also work. All you'd need is a Wiimote and nunchuk (and play the games through the Wii U's "Wii Mode").

Do you have a Wii U already?
No, Not yet. I was gonna get one next month for XCX and the upcoming Zelda game.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
No, Not yet. I was gonna get one next month for XCX and the upcoming Zelda game.
Are you planning to play Xenoblade X next month? Unlike the XONE and PS4, the Wii U is region-locked, so Xenoblade X will only run on Japanese Wii U consoles. If you're planning to import a Wii U from Japan, then that's fine. A release date for the localized version has yet to be announced.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Are you planning to play Xenoblade X next month? Unlike the XONE and PS4, the Wii U is region-locked, so Xenoblade X will only run on Japanese Wii U consoles. If you're planning to import a Wii U from Japan, then that's fine. A release date for the localized version has yet to be announced.
no, i was just going to buy ahead of time

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
The Last Story is one of those games where one wonders what it'd be like if Sakaguchi had 1) A bigger budget, 2) Made it in HD and 3) Was surrounded by talent.

Cause it's a good game. Has a story that is simple and easy to understand. Characters are all likeable too. Can't remember much of the battle system to be honest. Armor customization was pretty sweet too. There is one point in the game where you're going to experience some slow down because of all the enemies on screen but that's really the only time it happens that badly.