What are your thoughts on Final Fantasy XV appearing at E3 2014?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 29, 2013
What are your thoughts on Final Fantasy XV appearing at E3 2014? or do you think they will only show the Battle Gameplay Trailer that was shown in Thailand

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I... was about to post this same topic. This isn't funny, in fact I find it scary. Anyway, I think nothing substantial will show up. It'll be TGS all over again. That or nothing.

Th3AustralianGam3r

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 29, 2013
I... was about to post this same topic. This isn't funny, in fact I find it scary. Anyway, I think nothing substantial will show up. It'll be TGS all over again. That or nothing.
It is scary!!!, but i do think there are more chance of it appearing at TGS, i do think they may show off a new Final Fantasy XV trailer at E3, MAYBE!!!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
OH. Sorry, lol. Thought that was a joke. Realistically though what is the biggest thing that E3 could show that you would believe could happen? Personally, even if it is a wishful thing, i am hoping for a release window.
That depends. If the reason the game has not been shown and we've had no info at all for the past year is that it has run into development problems, we might not get a release window at all. But if that's not the case, then we might get a brand new trailer that shows updated elements of the game (may contain certain older scenes) and a release date/window. Yet I don't think they'll have a playable demo.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
That depends. If the reason the game has not been shown and we've had no info at all for the past year is that it has run into development problems, we might not get a release window at all. But if that's not the case, then we might get a brand new trailer that shows updated elements of the game (may contain certain older scenes) and a release date/window. Yet I don't think they'll have a playable demo.
I was talking to another user a few hours ago and all the events that they plan to be at makes me wonder if they are potentially starting to market the game. They are at E3, Comic Con, even Tokyo Game Show. What do you think about this?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I was talking to another user a few hours ago and all the events that they plan to be at makes me wonder if they are potentially starting to market the game. They are at E3, Comic Con, even Tokyo Game Show. What do you think about this?
Well it's a mainline FF title so it wouldn't make sense if they didn't market the game when it's ready to be shown.

Sep 26, 2013
Personally, I don’t think it will show up. At most, we’ll probably just get what we saw last year. Nobody in the know seems to have heard anything yet and Square Enix's showing is shaping up to be western focused.

Last year’s showing was about promoting the PS4. If it’s not going to release anytime soon, then there is no need to show it at E3 this year. There will be plenty of other opportunities to show the game.

What I see happening is one more big update later this year at TGS14 and then another break. Once that break is over, it'll probably be E315 and things will be a bit more consistent from that point on.

Hard to say. Depends on so many things like when will the game come out and what titles come out before it?

If it came out this year then yeah, they'll show it. If it comes out holiday 2015, then there is no need to show it yet.

Games that come out before Final Fantasy XV will be the main priority and get the marketing focus. We did not start to get news on Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japan consistently until Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, The 3rd Birthday, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection came out first. That period when things were consistent for Final Fantasy Type-0 went on for a good 7 months.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Personally, I don’t think it will show up. At most, we’ll probably just get what we saw last year. Nobody in the know seems to have heard anything yet and Square Enix's showing is shaping up to be western focused.

Last year’s showing was about promoting the PS4. If it’s not going to release anytime soon, then there is no need to show it at E3 this year. There will be plenty of other opportunities to show the game.

What I see happening is one more big update later this year at TGS14 and then another break. Once that break is over, it'll probably be E315 and things will be a bit more consistent from that point on.

Hard to say. Depends on so many things like when will the game come out and what titles come out before it?

If it came out this year then yeah, they'll show it. If it comes out holiday 2015, then there is no need to show it yet.

Games that come out before Final Fantasy XV will be the main priority and get the marketing focus. We did not start to get news on Final Fantasy Type-0 in Japan consistently until Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, The 3rd Birthday, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection came out first. That period when things were consistent for Final Fantasy Type-0 went on for a good 7 months.
Didn't they vaguely confirm that it would be at E3 in some form though?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
No need for profanity lol. I generally was asking the question. To me it did seem like a vague confirmation. But i wasn't sure.
No profanity, it's just like a more blunt denial of that. Also, take it as a vague hint, because a confirmation will only arrive if they truly announce it will appear.

Sep 26, 2013
It's not really a confirmation.

I've noticed a lot people ignoring this last part to Hashimoto's answer.

"We might tell you what is our plans, but it's better you see by yourself at Tokyo. (laugh)"

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It's not really a confirmation.

I've noticed a lot people ignoring this last part to Hashimoto's answer.

"We might tell you what is our plans, but it's better you see by yourself at Tokyo. (laugh)"
Agreed. Yet I can't forget all those years of "Just you wait guys, TGS is going to be it, I can feel it!" followed by the crushing disappointment.