1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gaiages, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

Got my hand on the potential GOTY: Dragon Quest VII for 3DS.

On my way home. Have 2 days off and this game will be taking all my time!

Goodbye real world. Goodbye social life.

2. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

I remember the original version. "Tedious" doesn't begin to describe my experience with it. The DQ games are always a slow burn - vignettes that slowly meld into a larger story. For me, DQ4, 5, and 8 pull this off with aplomb. I've heard the pacing changes streamline the game somewhat, so I'll be interested in your feedback.

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

With all the Persona 5 hype and whole 5 months until western release, I decided to start Persona 3 for the first time. It's okay so far but everything feels pretty rough compared to P4 (unsurprisingly).

Also, in preparation for SMT4: Apocalypse, I wanted to replay the last part of SMT4 and get the neutral ending. Last time I got locked in the Law route and this time I ended up... too neutral for neutral. lol screw this game I'll just youtube the ending.

4. Chocobocoholic

Chocobocoholic Yevonite

As well as Valkyria Chronicles I've also just started Gravity Rush Remastered. It was under a tenner on PSN with PS+ so I was like "oh, go on then". I did used to have it for Vita but I only got to play it for a short while as my Vita got stolen with the game in it. I still haven't spent much time with it yet though. I must.

5. ChingleeTribal

I tried playing Watch Dogs. First time I've ever felt physically sick while playing a game. I just couldn't take the blandness of the characters and the story and the shallowness. Made my stomach turn and made me feel depressed.

Then I made the mistake of watching the Watch Dogs 2 trailer to see if they might have put some heart and passion into it this time.
    ....Good God was it bad. The characters made me wince with a cemented look of disgust on my face. The music so droning and dead. The voice acting so generic movie like. The dialogue the same. The generic douchbag villain who does yoga and says namasteey or whatever. Its like ubi were thinking "what do shitty spoilt rebel wanabee teenaagers like nowadays?" and made a concocsion of all the trendy crap we have today. Maybe all this hipster stuff is just more exaggerated since I'm just getting older or something?

6. BladeRunner

Jeez, don't you think you may be taking that stuff a bit too seriously? It's just a video game you didn't like. Take a breath and go outside.

Namaste

7. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I have been play small burts of GTAV and Watch Dogs on my PS3, I can definetely tell and say that the former more well put together than the later, specially since the whole hacking aspect of Watch Dogs is underdevelop (in the sense of not being the main core gameplay nor being heavily used).

8. ChingleeTribal

One thing I don't take Watch Dogs as is seriously. Never thought a game could make a person physically feel sick.

9. ellisstudios

ellisstudios Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Isinica Clash of Magic is a nice game
    here is a trailer

Not a lot of people know about it because of promo problems.

10. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

About to wrap up Witcher 3. Also playing Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for those times when I feel like just blowing stuff up. And FF IX on Android.

Lulcielid likes this.
  11. Ash_of_Gods

Ash_of_Gods Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Murder: Soul Suspect and Hitman Absolution.

12. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

Mafia III. Glad I got this game!

13. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Something with Robots. Probably very old, the graphics look archaic.

Xenogears.

14. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Replaying Final Fantasy XII (IMO the second best game in the series).

15. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Oh...!

First time or replaying?

16. AnGer-dono

First time. Always wanted to play it, but got my hands on it only last year.

17. ScienceNonfiction

Nice. The story is incredible. So is the music. And the characters. And the visuals. And the Gears. And the deathblows. And... just everything! Also it's my favorite game of all time (you might remember from the favorite games thread :D).

If you didn't realize it yet, Citan is the most powerful character in the game, so use him, haha. And his overpowered-ness actually gets kind of ridiculous once
    you get his sword.

Someone made some bingo cards for Xenogears that you can fill out while you play, and they're pretty funny, so I'll drop those here. They contain some pretty minor and vague spoilers though, so if you if you want to play the game knowing absolutely nothing, don't open this. Otherwise, it's not really anything that'll ruin your enjoyment of the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I kind of want to make a bingo card for FFXV...

How far are you in the game currently?

18. AnGer-dono

I'm currently...
    ...at the point where you go on the Yggdrasil to go rescue Bart's cousin, Margie, from Shakhan. Still at Bart's hideout though, want to train Citan and Bart to gain some more Deathblows first.

But, it's definitely great. Love the visuals, story and combat - though traversal can be a bit of a pain, esp. the jumping sections - and, of course, Mitsuda's stellar score.

19. ScienceNonfiction

Awesome. Bart and Sigurd both end up being very cool characters.

Oh boy... there's a certain infamous part of the game that you're gonna really dislike then. Personally I didn't have much trouble with it for whatever reason, but I've heard of people flat out giving up on the game because they couldn't get past this one platforming section. But, uh... you'll see I guess.

Another tip: make multiple save files. It shouldn't really be a problem on disc 1 at all, but once you get to disc 2 the game will lock you into certain sequences and some of them can be very difficult. There's this one part almost near the end of the game where you fight 2 bosses in a row with no healing and the difficulty just SPIKES. It's a gear battle and if you'd been playing the game up until that point just equipping whatever and brute forcing your way through the battles (which is totally possible up until that point - I know cause I did it), then there is pretty much no way to clear this sequence because these 2 particular bosses really require intricate understanding of the gear battle system to beat. Luckily I was able to consult gamefaqs and find out that certain armor that I was lucky enough to have from earlier on in the game would make these fights easier. So that along with some tips about the battle system meant that I eventually passed that section, but since you're locked in to that section without the ability to leave at all until you beat the bosses, you're basically SOL if you're poorly equipped or just suck at the game (I was both).

tldr version is that it's totally possible to save yourself into a corner, so make multiple saves, haha.

20. BladeRunner

Yakuza 4 - my first game in the series. It's great but all the hostess shit creeps me out a bit. It has a lot of minigames, some of them pretty fun, but pachinko is beyond my comprehension.

Azuardo likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!