1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gaiages, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Enjoy it. Yakuza 4 is one of the best in the series.

2. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

Recently downloaded Tomb Raider II from the Play Store. Certainly brings back some good memories.

3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Okay, I finished Yakuza 4 and I'm definitely on board with the series now. The game is a very unique mixture of melodrama, over the top fights and some wacky stuff and I love it. The one problem I had with it is that the combat, while fun, is kinda clunky. It's not a problem when fighting some street punks but there were a few more difficult encounters that almost drove me crazy. Particularly the final boss with Tanimura was just fucking awful. Who thought this was a good idea? One guy shoots at me every two seconds, preventing me from doing a combo, while ten other guys attack at once stunlocking me to death. I only managed to beat him by exploiting one move's invincibility.

4. Azuardo

I think I recall the same problems in the final boss fight. That's probably one area Yakuza tends to fall down in. They can be pretty epic leading up to the fights and even during, but same cheap crap does ruin it and makes things extremely difficult. The stiff running movement always grated on me too. Yakuza 0 sounds awesome, so I hope some of the complaints were fixed up in that. Just waiting for a price drop and I'll jump on board with it.

5. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

Replaying FF6 again, so good.

Storm and Sioux like this.
  6. Sioux

Sioux PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

Destiny(It's eaten half a year of my life...and I'm just about done with it and the XBOX One for that matter.)

Otherwise, Starcraft I and Warcraft II are taking my attention right now.

7. Fireryu

Fireryu Yevonite

Viking Squad it's a indie game

8. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

Resident Evil 7. Capcom has revitalised the series with this one

9. Azuardo

Finally working through FF15.

Got a lot of others on the go too, though:

Mario 3D World
    Gravity Rush
    Stasis
    Rayman Legends
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    World of Final Fantasy
    Steins;Gate
    BoxBoy
    Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World

Yeah, I play too many games at once...

10. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

World of Final Fantasy. Currently working on postscript.

11. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - Level 1 Critical Mode Chanllenge Run.

12. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Started it this week after I rescued the kids' Wii U from the cats, and it is every bit as good as advertised.

13. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

Dark Souls III, only two bosses left; planning to do a second run because it's just too good.

14. Jubileus

Jubileus AVALANCHE Warrior

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I'm completely hooked and can't stop playing. Great game. Bought it on launch day alongside the Nintendo Switch.

15. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Still playing Rogue Galaxy. Such a good game. :D

16. Azuardo

Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda

Haven't been so obsessed and absorbed into a game like this in a long time. Every waking minute I want to be playing this thing.

Also been dabbing in another Switch title, VOEZ, a lovely little rhythm game.

17. Storm

Storm AVALANCHE Warrior

first run cleared, time to play Dark Souls III ;p

18. coffee-san

coffee-san Red Wings Commander

Now that I've finished all the new games that've come out so far, I'm going to start getting back into my video game backlog. Starting with Chrono Trigger, still haven't played this despite friends hounding me for years to give it a chance.

19. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

After having the put the game in the back for so long, I finally finshed Metal Gear Solid, it´s strange that I´ve played all the other Solid games but never did it with the first (technically third) game in the series.

A small review about the game:
    Looking at when this game was released (1998) you can clearly see how this game reinforced the concept of cinematic storytelling in videogames with the usage of cutscenes and voice acting and also allow to kickstart stelth games as successfull mainstream games.
    This also brough the terrible over reliance of cutscenes as a storytelling tool...there´s a lot of it in the game, practically the whole game has a (almost) 6:4 ratio of cutscene and gameplay.

I will say that out of all the games in the seires, this one has aged the worst of them, mostly from a gameplay and level design point of view, the game feels like 2D game design philosophy applied in a 3D game with very mixed and at times awful results. Another flaw the game has is that it´s gameplay is not well suited for combat, you might be asking "why would the combat have to be good in a stealth game?", that´s true a stealth game is not action one but here is the problem; the game forces you into combat situations! The game forces you bumping into enemies that will shoot you to death as well as Snake being an incompetent at aiming with his guns. This is problem is not isolated to this game though, the others faced the same problem with Metal Gear Solid 2 being the only one actually pulled off this dick move with great and meaningful effect.

Final thing to say is that Psycho-Mantis is one the most ingenious and mindblowing designed boss fight in a videogame (though I´d say Kojima topped him with The End in Metal Gear Solid 3)

20. Guitar (pseudo)God

Guitar (pseudo)God Red Wings Commander

Update: Breath of the Wild is still an unbelievable game.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!