1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gaiages, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

Still all over DOA5U, but also reviewing Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomb Blast on 3DS, so just started playing that. Never played an Inazuma game before so hoping it goes well.

Metal Gear Rising and Remember Me went free on EU PS+ today, too, so gonna be giving those two a whirl soon.

2. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

I'm currently playing through Aqua's story in KH BBS. Having a lot of fun using magic more than I would as, say, Terra or Sora. Still, Ventus is my favorite, because he's pretty much what you get if you take all of Terra and Aqua's strengths, put them in a blender, and take out any weaknesses. But that's just me getting off topic.

3. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

Add Gods Eater Burst and Rayman Origins to my list. Almost finished the main story of Rayman so i'm currently playing GEB, What a beautifully fun PSP game. I will get my hands on God Eater 2 if it releases in the states somehow.

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Resonance of Fate
    Final Fantasy X (took a break)

And trying to plat FFXIII-2 when I can be bothered

5. Keriaku

Keriaku Balamb Garden Freshman

Final Fantasy XIV is what I use to fill in my free time. It's exactly what I've been looking for; something I can make continuous progress in with a story and world I can get invested in. Beside that I've started playing Beyond with my partner, and looking at it with an eye for 'video games as art', I'm completely blown away. The concept and gameplay mechanics blend with the story for a really interesting and thoughtful experience.

6. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (1.5 HD). Took a break from it after 1 complete playthrough on proud mode because of my exams. And I'm lucky i defeated Unknown on my first try on this mode. But yes I have to play the other modes after my exams then onto Chain of Memories :)

7. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

And fin.... just beat Tales of Xillia, 47 hours, at least 10 being grinding. Bring on Tales of Xillia 2.

8. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD. Completely forgot this was coming out this week 'til I stumbled upon it on the PS store.

9. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

glad you had fun with it

10. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I've been addicted to Typing of the Dead: Overkill. So good!

11. Amiti

Amiti Balamb Garden Freshman

Casually playing GTA V, and replaying Fire Emblem: Awakening.

12. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Was playing Super Castlevania IV.

13. Azuardo

Finished Metal Gear Rising, and what a fucking game. The accuracy of the Blade Mode was ten times better than the fricking 1:1 motion control in Zelda: Skyward Sword!

Must move on to the other free PS+ game I got this month soon: Remember Me. Will see how it plays and whether I can finish it up before Zelda: ALBW gets here.

Played through Skydive for review - a wingsuit flying game. And have Castlevania: Mirror of Fate HD to do next.

Sapientia likes this.
  14. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

I played the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 demo the other night and it motivated me to play the first game again, so that's what I've been playing.

I liked the demo a lot actually. Especially the new gameplay elements. Life steal and guard crush are gonna bring some depth to the combat system this time around I think. Platforming was also fun and definitely more reminiscent of older, 2D Castlevania games than it was in the first LoS. There were some Symphony of the Night references thrown in there too, though I kinda hope they're re-recorded by the time the final game comes out; I thought they could have been spoken with a little more... I dunno, passion, for lack of a better word. You'll see what I mean if you play the demo. Gabriel/Dracula's voice is really good overall, however. The demo was pretty short, but I did like what music was there. I'm hyped. I didn't really find it faster, but it's been a long while since I played the first game. If it is, it's not significant enough that it stands out to me. I think the combat is a little more challenging but I still didn't find it hard. There's more thinking involved and different things to juggle at once in combat. There's much more going on onscreen than I remember there being in the original. You'll be having to attack one enemy using the guard breaker while dodging aerial attacks from a flying enemy while also keeping at eye out for unblockable attacks from other ground foes (which you'll have to dash-dodge away from) all while making sure your health is maintained, which, if it gets low, you'll need to temporarily switch to your life steal weapon to replenish. You can also grab an enemy and suck blood from their neck to get some health back, but that option isn't available until you've dealt them a certain amount of damage. I thought it was enjoyable but not hard. I'll probably pick a higher difficulty level when I play the full game, though.

15. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

Soon Metal max 4

16. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

MGR was badass. After all, it is developed by Platinum Games~
    They have my undying trust after Bayonetta!

Azuardo likes this.
  17. Storm2356

Storm2356 PSICOM Soldier

I've been playing BBS, as I have yet to fully finish it my second time around. I'm going to do all of the side content for Terra and Aqua, and once that's been done I'll finish up with getting every command in the game, beating both secret bosses, getting the Pete D-Link and leveling it, and finally, getting at least one of every item in the game for the heck of it. And yes, that's all for Terra and Aqua, Ven's completely done. Then I'm gonna try Critical Mode with Zero EXP, never changing my Keyblade or commands.

18. Azuardo

Dead on. I so, so hope they do a sequel. I'm listening to the soundtrack now, too. So good.

I also can't stop watching Kojima's trailer for the game now that I've finished it. Just shivers every time. Spoileriffic, btw, if anyone watches it.

Did you get any DLC? The Jetstream and Bladewolf DLCs are now free to download in the US store. I hope that's the same for us tomorrow, because it's come at the perfect time after the game going free on PS+ if it is.

Sapientia likes this.
  19. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

"REVENGEANCE CALLS." That was a pretty cool trailer, never seen it. Did Kojima put it together himself or did he direct it?
    Oh, lawdy. I feel a need to play MGR right now. Here's hoping a sequel's announced for next-gen consoles.

20. Azuardo

He directed it. Pro.

Sapientia likes this.
Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!