What games are you playing now?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Well, precisely because my mind had already been set that the "Sacrifice Chloe" ending was going to happen, it felt kinda like the right thing, so I don't have as much a problem with it as other people like you.

But I do feel that boiling everything down to just two endings where your previous choices don't matter is bullshit, especially in a game that likes to sell that choices do matter. thought about asking what choices did you make, like the Warren and David relationships; but in the end: What does it matter anyway? In the end, they proved meaningless. I wish the game spent more time to say what happened to the characters and our relationship with them. I think Victoria was the worst example of this. In the end what happened to her? Apparently the game doesn't care.
With ep 5, I started to realise even more that it wouldn't matter what I said to people, because I always knew we'd be bringing Chloe back at some point. So what did it matter if I told David Chloe was dead or not? It didn't matter if Jefferson lived or died, either. I guess in the sense that these realities continue on after Max travels to whichever timeline she goes to next means the choices are supposed to still hold value in these timelines - these people will still live on in the other realities, so I guess it's whether you want David to live with more guilt of killing another man, or regret at Chloe being dead, or something... or even whether you wanted Jefferson to be alive in that reality. Even though we aren't there to see it, is that what the dev's intention is? It doesn't feel as though it matters, really, because I only ever cared about the true timeline I'd be in where I had Chloe back. But it still renders the decisions you made pointless, and they definitely could have done something to make them matter, even if you do end up in a reality that didn't necessarily see Max performing those decisions in the current timeline. Victoria and Nathan were definitely discarded in dumb manners. Would she even have made an appearance if you didn't warn her about the Dark Room? She and Nathan get off-screen deaths, and deserved so much more than that, especially as it becomes clear Nathan wanted to apologise to Max - there could have been a good scene for him there. It also sounded like Sean Prescott had a bigger role to play, with the messages he was sending Nathan, as found in his dorm.

It's disheartening to see the same complaints around forums right now, but there are some good suggestions and theories from people that are interesting to read, but is sad that fans are coming up with better ideas than Dontnod.

I doubt a Season 2 would use the same characters again, but I sure as hell hope that if it does take place in one of the timelines, that it's not the Sacrifice Chloe timeline. I'd hate knowing that it's the canon they run with.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Playing Final Fantasy Tactics for the first time. Playing the PSP version and also the PSX version at the same time, don´t aske me why i´m doing so.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Bayonetta

A charming witch with guns on her heels using her magic hair to summon demons? Where has this game been all my life?! And combat is probably one of the best in the genre. The only thing that hinders my enjoyment is the performence of the ps3 version, which is indeed quite bad.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Tales of Zestiria. The ending is bad.

Like, really really bad. Some things are badly explained (or not explained at all). I still have no idea what happened.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
So can I assume that it was just hype that was giving the game a good rep?
The game had a good rep? I don't know about Japan, but the reception here wasn't anything special.

I didn't dislike the game. I think the battle system can be quite enjoyable at times and frustrating at others. But the story was terrible. It wasn't bad when it started. Your standard JRPG tale of a chosen one saving mankind. But the game makes a really poor attempt at explaining some parts of the gameplay and the story. It all falls apart quickly when you realize the game isn't interested in petty stuff like actually telling what the hell just happened in a cutscene. At first I thought I missed something but then I realized the game was just expecting you to go along with the pace and didn't care if you didn't catch everything.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
The game had a good rep? I don't know about Japan, but the reception here wasn't anything special.
Zesty was the worst received Tales game in Japan haha. Story, plot devices, and marketing (RIP Alisha) were huge glaring issues in why it was.

Now Playing:
FFX HD Remaster (finally found time to start replaying!)
Ao no Kiseki Evolution

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Zesty was the worst received Tales game in Japan haha. Story, plot devices, and marketing (RIP Alisha) were huge glaring issues in why it was.
I had heard the Alisha thing was a really big issue in Japan, but IMO it's not nearly close to being one of the game's most glaring drawbacks.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I had heard the Alisha thing was a really big issue in Japan, but IMO it's not nearly close to being one of the game's most glaring drawbacks.
It's just bad marketing, it's more so a slight against bamco than the game itself.
My biggest issue with the game was that it was a glitchy mess (I played the PS3 version), it was extremely unstable. Frame rate issues, camera issues, Seraph/Human plot device was unnecessary, too.

As far as story is concerned... well, I don't go into the games expecting much in that department, Tales has never been a series with a focus on storytelling.