What games are you playing now?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sioux

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Rosebud, SD
Destiny(It's eaten half a year of my life...and I'm just about done with it and the XBOX One for that matter.)

Otherwise, Starcraft I and Warcraft II are taking my attention right now.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Finally working through FF15.

Got a lot of others on the go too, though:

Mario 3D World
Gravity Rush
Stasis
Rayman Legends
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
World of Final Fantasy
Steins;Gate
BoxBoy
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World

Yeah, I play too many games at once...

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I'm completely hooked and can't stop playing. Great game. Bought it on launch day alongside the Nintendo Switch.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda

Haven't been so obsessed and absorbed into a game like this in a long time. Every waking minute I want to be playing this thing.

Also been dabbing in another Switch title, VOEZ, a lovely little rhythm game.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Now that I've finished all the new games that've come out so far, I'm going to start getting back into my video game backlog. Starting with Chrono Trigger, still haven't played this despite friends hounding me for years to give it a chance.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
After having the put the game in the back for so long, I finally finshed Metal Gear Solid, it´s strange that I´ve played all the other Solid games but never did it with the first (technically third) game in the series.

A small review about the game:
Looking at when this game was released (1998) you can clearly see how this game reinforced the concept of cinematic storytelling in videogames with the usage of cutscenes and voice acting and also allow to kickstart stelth games as successfull mainstream games.
This also brough the terrible over reliance of cutscenes as a storytelling tool...there´s a lot of it in the game, practically the whole game has a (almost) 6:4 ratio of cutscene and gameplay.

I will say that out of all the games in the seires, this one has aged the worst of them, mostly from a gameplay and level design point of view, the game feels like 2D game design philosophy applied in a 3D game with very mixed and at times awful results. Another flaw the game has is that it´s gameplay is not well suited for combat, you might be asking "why would the combat have to be good in a stealth game?", that´s true a stealth game is not action one but here is the problem; the game forces you into combat situations! The game forces you bumping into enemies that will shoot you to death as well as Snake being an incompetent at aiming with his guns. This is problem is not isolated to this game though, the others faced the same problem with Metal Gear Solid 2 being the only one actually pulled off this dick move with great and meaningful effect.

Final thing to say is that Psycho-Mantis is one the most ingenious and mindblowing designed boss fight in a videogame (though I´d say Kojima topped him with The End in Metal Gear Solid 3)

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Playing The Last of US (PS3) since last Sunday, ABOUT 1-2 hours per day. My progress so far:
Just cleared the first hunters encounter in at the beginning of Pittsburgh Financial District.
The game has a good balance of resources, enough to pass have an easy time in certain encounters but not enough to chesse throught them.
The only thing that's burning me right now is that at times how you clear certain zones feels repetitive.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Persona 5. It's my first Persona game and it truly is excellent. I'm hooked.

Playing Zelda BOTW on the side when the TV is occupied. Finished the main story and trying to finish it 100%.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
I've been playing through Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It's an unpopular opinion, but the first Uncharted is probably my favorite in the series. Not sure if it's just nostalgia or aspects of the game that I like so much. I've also been going through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4. I've lost count now on how many times I've played the first KH game.

Other than that I've been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros on WiiU. I feel kind of bad how much I've neglected this game since it came out. Due to the fact that almost none of my friends irl own/owned a WiiU, it has sort of pressured me to go to Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and other fighters instead of spending time with SSB. I mean, I've always loved all of those, but there was a time when I was actually good at Smash as well.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Playing The Last of US (PS3) since last Sunday, ABOUT 1-2 hours per day. My progress so far:
Just cleared the first hunters encounter in at the beginning of Pittsburgh Financial District.
The game has a good balance of resources, enough to pass have an easy time in certain encounters but not enough to chesse throught them.
The only thing that's burning me right now is that at times how you clear certain zones feels repetitive.

After 5 days and 13 hours, I finished The Last of Us for the first time. It was pretty good.

Lite Review:

+
It was a well balanced survival game.
+ Good sound design.
+ Good use of linear progession and linear levels.
+ Good use of violence.
+ Good combat and shooting mechaniques for this type of survival experiences.
+ Winter Season is the best level in the game by far.
+ Has some good stealth segments.
+ Silent moments.
+ Joel & Ellie relationship is pretty good.
+ /- Joel & Ellie didn't have as much interaction as I would have liked.
- "Terrible shit happens" trope gets overused.
-The first hour is a drag to play.
- The game takes a bit too long in introducing certain mechaniques during the first quarter of the game.
- They could have being a bit more creative with the Zombie apocalypse tropes.
- Too much swearing, that's ridiculous.
- How to approach certain scenarios start to become tedious and repetitive halfway through the game.

8/10

Last edited: