1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What happen to the days of the Grandia saga, why wipe that off the grid??

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by 7z7, Nov 17, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. 7z7

7z7 Balamb Garden Freshman

What is your opinion on this guys? Any Grandia fans out there? I always thought that Grandia was one title that should of stuck around like Final Fantasy.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

I'd like this franchise to make a return. Spent way, way too many hours on Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast.

This is seared into my memory forever:

3. Zack

Zack Somniac Staff Member Moderator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

One of the best openings of all time. I will never grow tired of it.

Sadly, I got to the last boss in this game years ago and my save was erased. I have yet to get back to that point. =[

Hope to try again. All for Grandia! We need more of it!

4. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

I was never a giant grandia fan

5. 7z7

Lol boy do those clips bring back the good old days, esp the 2nd clip.. grandia 1 had one of the best story lines and music a rpg cud ask for.. how could you not enjoy it Stealth? On a side note this has got to be one of the best rpg forums site I have come across. . I am pretty new here so hi to all you gents

6. Aether

Aether PSICOM Soldier Moderator UFFSite Veteran

I still have my copy of Grandia 2 on PS2 here on the shelf. I should play it again sometime.

7. gaiages

gaiages :< Moderator Site Staff

I thought the original Grandia was whimsical and just so much fun to play through. I missed out on it the first time through, but I finally got to play it a year or so ago... it was pretty amazing.

I have Grandia II for the PS2, but I haven't gotten very far yet... keep getting distracted. It certainly seems like a good game, though.

Oh, and the soundtracks for both games are pretty awesome. :)

7z7 likes this.
  8. 7z7

Yes, the original Grandia is most certainly the best of the Grandia saga to be released. Great choice in deciding to play it ;) if only they brought it back..

9. Reverse Vampire

Reverse Vampire PSICOM Soldier

The battle system in Grandia 3 is probably the best element in the game, could actually play the game all day because of it. Story...well nay and that's why there isn't any more sequels to the series. I'm hoping some game (most likely a spiritual successor) uses a Grandia battle system, albeit combining the best elements in the three Grandia games. Like using a battle system in 3, but modified (bad changes be damn), great story from 1 (and probably 2 too), etc.

Haven't played 1 and 2, not sure if it's available via PSN or some other place. (Can anyone fill me in?)

10. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

In my mind, at least, Tales sort of occupies a similar space now to where Grandia did back then. That may just be me, though...

11. Stealth

series dont last forever

12. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Diehard Grandia fan here. I sorely miss that franchise.

13. Dollow

Dollow Yevonite

The series of Grandia was made by Game Arts, who also made the Lunar series that was on SEGA CD and then SEGA Saturn. Game Arts is still very small and always have been, if I had to make a guess it is because the series, even if well loved like the Lunar series, never took off as a blockbuster, and Game Arts is a small studio that is help to develop games for others when hired.

Too bad as it is a good RPG but it is 1 of many RPGs that did not make it like others have.

7z7 likes this.
  14. Stealth

The team is doing other rpgs

15. TRI Mike

TRI Mike PSICOM Soldier

I played a bit of the first and second game and liked them. Too bad I never gave them the opportunity they deserved.

16. 7z7

It is not only you. I too think that there is something of Tales that occupies a space somewhat of Granida. Eternal Sonata is another game I am currently playing that reverts me to thinking of Grandia. I havn't been playing long enough however to actually throw any accurate assumptions about the game but so far so good :)

17. 7z7

Which rpg's are you referring to Stealth?

18. Stealth

They did the Unchained Blades DS/PSP rpgs

19. 7z7

Thanks, I was not aware. I'll be considering this for future purchases.

20. kamikki

kamikki Yevonite

Personally I only played Grandia II on the PS2 and it never really clicked with me, neither the story nor the graphics or gameplay. Mind this was years ago, I don't know what would be my reaction to the game if I tried it now.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!