What I want from The Lightning Saga on PS4 & Xbox One

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
This is what I want from The Lightning Saga on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One.

Following in the footsteps of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, I expect Yoshinori Kitase to serve as producer with Motomu Toriyama as lead supervisor and Isamu Kamikokuryo also supervising if he's not too busy. And of course, Shinji Hashimoto as executive producer.

Next, in terms of studio to handle the ports I'd like one with experience developing for PS4 and/or Xbox One. I have faith Kitase would choose a good studio after the fantastic selection of Virtuos for X/X-2 HD.

The Lightning Saga would of course include Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

Key stuff:

I want all 3 games remastered in 1080p and to run at native 1080p on both platforms.

All 3 games to run at 60FPS if possible. This doesn't matter as much to me, but I know it does to a lot of people so I would like to see it included but if it is I would also want a 30FPS lock like The Last of Us Remastered.

Dual-audio included for all 3 titles. Again, Japanese audio does not interest me but it does for a lot of people and the data is now there after the PC ports so it might as well be included.

All DLC included. This has to happen and I would be shocked if it didn't. The PC versions include all DLC possible so it should be no exception here. I'm counting Final Fantasy XIII's Easy Mode under here too.

Shared-trophy lists. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster both have shared-trophy lists between their PS4 & PS3 versions. I want this to happen here too.

Remote-play for PlayStation Vita. Pretty much a gimmie, doesn't phase me too much though.

Optional bonuses I'd like to see:

PS4 & Xbox One themes & avatars.

Collector's edition including an artbook and soundtrack.

Additional costumes & weapons.

Hard & Super Hard difficulty modes for XIII and XIII-2.

The unlikely thing I'd like to see:

New content for Final Fantasy XIII. XIII is of course linear and was plagued with development issues with many towns scrapped including Lightning's House and even some DLC. What is likely the DLC area was found in the PC version's code. I would like to see this area and perhaps others added in a finished state.

This is what I want, what would you like? Also, before anyone mentions HD remasters of Final Fantasy XII or IX, please remember they're up to Hiroyuki Ito.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I think you pretty much covered a lot of what I wanted. Higher difficulties for XIII/XIII-2 being what I'd like most.

XIII additional content sounds nice, but as you said, it's unlikely. Considering they didn't find it important enough to restructure X HD to allow skippable cutscenes, I really doubt they'd make new stuff for XIII haha.