1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What is a game you liked at first, but grew not to like it over time?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Lulcielid, Nov 23, 2016.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

For me that would be Metal Gear Solid 4, at first I was so engaged with it due to the story and how it wrapped up years of loose ends and plot points + the stealth gameplay.

Years went by and I started to see (many) holes within the game, Now I don´t like how MGS4 prioritize story to a fault, there´re long cutscene sequences with short gameplay segments (there´s a point in the game where you´re watching 1hs and 30m of cutscene non-stop followed by at most 10 minutes of gameplay that´s then interrupted by another minutes of cutscenes, it´s insane!!!! Doesn´t help that the game has over 9 hours of cutscenes.
    The long sequence of cutscene also hindered the flow of the game a lot, there´re many examples of the above throught the whole run of the game.

What´s the game you liked at first but you started to like it less overtime?

SonOfEtro likes this.
  2. The GemiKnight

The GemiKnight Red Wings Commander

I would have to say the GTA and Dragon Age series. Both are successful franchises and I enjoyed the first time I played those games. But, over time they just no longer appealed to my personal gameplay preferences.

3. ChingleeTribal

ChingleeTribal Chocobo Knight

Can't think of any to be honest with you.

4. Nova

Nova AVALANCHE Warrior

Sonic 06

I had low standards back then

5. Rogue-Tomato

Rogue-Tomato Yevonite

No man's Sky.

Bought it day one, played it for a few days, gradually got to dislike it / grew tired of it. Haven't played it for many weeks.

6. SonOfEtro

SonOfEtro ShinRa SOLDIER

Tomb Raider Anniversary. It was incredible at first, then I saw how buggy it was.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!