1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

What is your Favorite KH game?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Discussion' started by Stealth, Sep 26, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Seda

Seda PSICOM Soldier Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

Birth By Sleep has my favorite gameplay mechanics and by far the best progression system. However, I think the original will always be my favorite, as it feels the most 'Disney' to me.

2. Sapientia

Sapientia ShinRa SOLDIER

Kingdom Hearts II. I wasn't expecting the switch to Roxas in the beginning, but just as I was warming up to his character...Sora shows up, damnit! xD
    Beautiful story, soundtrack, worlds (most of them, anyhow), fun button-mashing! <-----not the case for everyone, but for me it wasn't exactly hard to beat 99% of the enemies in the game by simply goin' ham on them. Bar Sephiroth.

Griffin 325 likes this.
  3. Misty

Misty Yevonite

Oh gosh, I really can't decide. Chain of Memories probably has one of my favorite storylines, though Kingdom Hearts 1 is in close competition there (I just really like Reverse/Rebirth). Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep have my favorite gameplay, but I have some problems with KHII's story, and while BBS is cool, it's a bit tedious.

So overall... probably the original Kingdom Hearts. o_O I'm sorry I just love them all!

4. Caius

Caius PSICOM Soldier

Kingdom hearts 1. Days was pretty good honestly, CoM as well. BBS wins points for Aeleus and Ienzo, as well as DDD. (BBS being very tedious though) But overall, it's KH1 despite none of my favorite characters from the series making an appearance. It was my first 'favorite game' ever and I just adore the gameplay and everything about it.

5. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

The original Is still my favortite but I also really enjoyed KHII, Birth by Sleep and, well, just about all of 'em except 358.

6. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

Add me to the Birth by Sleep camp :)

Loved the variety in going through the missions with 3 different characters while experiencing 3 different stories. Truly an incredible experience.

And the Command Board was such a fun (and rewarding) side system.

7. Griffin 325

Griffin 325 Balamb Garden Freshman

It's between Kingdom Hearts 1 and Dream Drop Distance for me. Birth by Sleep & Kingdom Hearts II are tied for second.

8. Chaos

Chaos PSICOM Soldier

At the moment I would have to say Kingdom Hearts 2. That could change though once I start up 358/2 Days if I ever get the chance outside of just watching the cutscenes.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. Tani

Tani Yevonite

Kingdom Hearts 2 easily. Being my first KH game that i played, i feel kind of attached to it :) Besides that fight with Axel the first time using two keyblades will always be my favorite fights in the series.

10. Zero

Zero Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Birth by Sleep, though Zero is still very fond of the first game.

11. anime10121

anime10121 Stiltzkin's Apprentice

BBS easily! It has the most refined combat of the series (yes even more than DDD, as it often times felt less responsive) and also fighting No Heart in the Mirage Arena proves that it had the most balanced combat in the series to date. BBS brought more new to the series than any other entry, it wa just freakin perfect!

Also chibi SRK were ADORABLE!
    http://data1.whicdn.com/images/11362032/tumblr_ln2lslaRGe1qlobfzo1_500_large.jpg

12. calliopium

calliopium Yevonite

It's hard for me to choose, buuuut I think I'm going to go with BBS because I love Aqua, Ventus and Terra. Especially Aqua. Having a playable lady was so great. However, KHII is a very, very close second, because it was so fun and much longer than the first game!

13. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

I'm just gonna say the first Kingdom Hearts. Although, without my nostalgia glasses on I might say Birth by Sleep.

14. kamikki

kamikki Yevonite

I'm gonna have to say that BBS is my favorite, with the first KH as a close second. And to be honest the other Kingdom Hearts are not even close (still have to play Re:coded though). Birth By Sleep has the best battle system, best system and best story. Although you could make a case for 3D having a better battle system than BBS, I think it didn't feel as good, and they completely ruined the gameplay system with those monsters lol.

15. foreverundecided

foreverundecided Balamb Garden Freshman

KHII for me. Though I love the first one and really like the card system of Memories.

16. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Have to go with the first game. Was a pretty fresh and unique idea at the time. Final Fantasy x Disney characters being in a game together was something that never crossed my mind. It was just nice and pretty cool to see something like that. The concept is pretty interesting and works very well.

Wazi the pa likes this.
  17. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Although I was entranced by its story and other contents of the game the first time I ever played Kingdom Hearts.... I'm going to say that Kingdom Hearts II takes the spot as my favorite KH game.... just enough to beat Birth by Sleep.
    First and foremost, it was the story of KH II that made me eager to proceed through the game time and time again. A noticeable part in the story was the introduction to the game: Roxas.

18. Wazi the pa

It took me a while to know that there were FF characters in Kingdom Hearts the first time when I played it. My motivation through playing the game for the first time was probably because of the fact that there were Disney characters in the game (just by seeing the cover art when buying the game.) but after playing the intro of the game and got to know the story a little better, my motivations started to change but nonetheless stimulated when seeing familiar Disney characters.

I only played Final Fantasy X at the time and really took me a while to notice that the kid on Destiny Island was actually Tidus. Cut me some slack, I was a kid back then.

19. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

I actually played KH before even getting into FF. In fact, KH1 was the whole reason my cousin and I decided to play FFX.

20. Wazi the pa

A brilliant way to get introduced to the Final Fantasy series!

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!