What is your Favorite KH game?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
Birth By Sleep has my favorite gameplay mechanics and by far the best progression system. However, I think the original will always be my favorite, as it feels the most 'Disney' to me.

Oh gosh, I really can't decide. Chain of Memories probably has one of my favorite storylines, though Kingdom Hearts 1 is in close competition there (I just really like Reverse/Rebirth). Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep have my favorite gameplay, but I have some problems with KHII's story, and while BBS is cool, it's a bit tedious.

So overall... probably the original Kingdom Hearts. o_O I'm sorry I just love them all!

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
Kingdom hearts 1. Days was pretty good honestly, CoM as well. BBS wins points for Aeleus and Ienzo, as well as DDD. (BBS being very tedious though) But overall, it's KH1 despite none of my favorite characters from the series making an appearance. It was my first 'favorite game' ever and I just adore the gameplay and everything about it.

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
The original Is still my favortite but I also really enjoyed KHII, Birth by Sleep and, well, just about all of 'em except 358.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Add me to the Birth by Sleep camp :)

Loved the variety in going through the missions with 3 different characters while experiencing 3 different stories. Truly an incredible experience.

And the Command Board was such a fun (and rewarding) side system.

Tani

Yevonite
Oct 25, 2013
India
www.facebook.com
Kingdom Hearts 2 easily. Being my first KH game that i played, i feel kind of attached to it :) Besides that fight with Axel the first time using two keyblades will always be my favorite fights in the series.

anime10121

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 28, 2013
BBS easily! It has the most refined combat of the series (yes even more than DDD, as it often times felt less responsive) and also fighting No Heart in the Mirage Arena proves that it had the most balanced combat in the series to date. BBS brought more new to the series than any other entry, it wa just freakin perfect!

Also chibi SRK were ADORABLE!
http://data1.whicdn.com/images/11362032/tumblr_ln2lslaRGe1qlobfzo1_500_large.jpg

calliopium

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
It's hard for me to choose, buuuut I think I'm going to go with BBS because I love Aqua, Ventus and Terra. Especially Aqua. Having a playable lady was so great. However, KHII is a very, very close second, because it was so fun and much longer than the first game!

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
I'm just gonna say the first Kingdom Hearts. Although, without my nostalgia glasses on I might say Birth by Sleep.

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
I'm gonna have to say that BBS is my favorite, with the first KH as a close second. And to be honest the other Kingdom Hearts are not even close (still have to play Re:coded though). Birth By Sleep has the best battle system, best system and best story. Although you could make a case for 3D having a better battle system than BBS, I think it didn't feel as good, and they completely ruined the gameplay system with those monsters lol.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Have to go with the first game. Was a pretty fresh and unique idea at the time. Final Fantasy x Disney characters being in a game together was something that never crossed my mind. It was just nice and pretty cool to see something like that. The concept is pretty interesting and works very well.

May 26, 2014
I actually played KH before even getting into FF. In fact, KH1 was the whole reason my cousin and I decided to play FFX.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 26, 2014
Yeah. =) Playing RPGs with someone is actually very fun. It's great being able to share the story with someone. Kinda sad that I don't play games with my cousin anymore. We used to have a lot of fun.

Anyway, back on topic, my favorite KH is II. Felt like it had tons of content and I also thought the story threads that started in CoM and the first game were wrapped up nicely. And the combat was great, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
I really agree with the OP. I was sure that I would hate CoM because I normally hate card-based battle systems, but it was great! The battle system was fast-paced and innovative; it somehow managed to maintain the fun and speed of the original while adding in a deck-building strategy element.

I also agree with a lot of people about KH2, but probably for different reasons than most -- I actually really liked Roxas as a protagonist! I loved the beginning of the game.

That said, the original KH will just always be my favorite. It was just so refreshing and original when it came out and it still manages to have the most complex and well-developed worlds of the whole series.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I used to talk about games and get into the plot with my siblings. Once they got lot of friend and discovered Facebook and Tumblr, I was ignored. Now I play everything but KH and FFs alone.

My favorite KH games. KH2 followed by KH1 and BBS tied.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
You're in luck considering your favorite KH games are coming back remastered and the Final Mix version. :D
Yeah, I got KH1.5 was actually fun even though I beat KH1 originally 3 times. And RECoM once. But My system's harddrive gave out while I was in The End of the World training and gathering synth items. So I'll just wait for 2.5 and redo BBS.