What systems do you own?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
I started with a Sega Megadrive in 1992, though I didnt have much games for it and wasnt much of a fan of it.

My gaming passion began with the SNES, particularly with games like Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong Country, the Super Star Wars games and Mario Kart. I was a passionate SNES player from 1995 - 1998. It was a fantastic console.

Then I began to hear from friends about Playstation and games like Tomb Raider, Tekken and Resident Evil. For my 16th birthday in 1998 I finally got the PSOne myself along with Tekken 3 and Tomb Raider III. This would have a major impact on me since I became a massive fan of Tekken and Tomb Raider and was just blown away by what the PSOne could do. the CD technology, 3D graphics, polygon characters - for someone who had only played SNES so far this was a revelation. I became a devoted Sony-player ever since.

In early 1999 I also got into the Resident Evil series which as some of you know is my 2nd most favorite gaming series until this day. Ironically however in the beginning of my Playstation-days I actually wasnt a fan of Final Fantasy at all. I hadnt played RPGs before, I was into Tekken, Tomb Raider and RE and when I saw a picture of FF VII with the polygon model of Cloud and the backdrop of Wutai I actually thought "This looks like crap, why are people so crazy about this game?"

But what ultimately intrigued me besides the fact that many people and every gaming gamagazine praised FF VII was the coverart of FF VII, which had just the logo on white background. It was mysterious and epic. And the game had 3 discs. I had never seen a game with 3 discs before. So I was intrigued and ended up buying it as a used game, just to see what the fuss was about. Of course I was enormously impressed and captivated by the game but I wasnt a passionate die hard fan yet. That happened when I got FF VIII in December 1999. That game absolutely and totally swept me away like no game before it. Ever since then Final Fantasy became my most favorite gaming series of all time and still is and always will be.

So when the next generation arrived there was never any question for me which console to get. FF X would be on PS2, so of course I would get PS2. And when the HD generation arrived I never even considered getting another console but the PS3. And while I will not buy a next gen console at release but will wait a few years (presumably until FF XV is released) I will of course get the PS4, no question about it. I am Sony player for life :)

Currently I only own a PS3.

Varnis

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 9, 2013
Australia
I own a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, 2 PS3s, Xbox360, Wii, Wii U, 2 PSPs, 2 3DSs, PS Vita, a High-End PC and have Pre-Ordered both Next-Gen Consoles: PS4 and Xbox One

Basically if it's on the shelves today...I've got it, mainly so I don't miss on any cool games that may be 'exclusive' to one platform...It's not financially healthy but at least I'm happy in the end with the freedom I've got with my gaming library.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
ColecoVision

Atari 2600

PC-Engine
TurboGrafx-16
Turbo Duo
Turbo Express

Sega Megadrive
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Sega GameGear

Neo Geo AES
Neo Geo X Gold
Neo Geo Pocket Color

PSX
PS2
PS3
PS4

PocketStation (if that counts, heh)
PSP
Vita

NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Wii U

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
GBA
GBA SP
DS
DS Lite
2DS

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

...Many of my systems, especially anything before the PSX/SAT/N64 era were handed down to me by my dad. He was really into console gaming before I was born, now he's strictly a PC gamer.

Ariana

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
Toronto
N64, PS3, PS Vita, and 3DS XL are the only consoles/handhelds that I own. My PS2 was one of those models that saw lasers burning out around the time of the PS3's release, and I sold my Xbox 360.

ColecoVision

Atari 2600

PC-Engine
TurboGrafx-16
Turbo Duo
Turbo Express

Sega Megadrive
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Sega GameGear

Neo Geo AES
Neo Geo X Gold
Neo Geo Pocket Color

PSX
PS2
PS3
PS4

PocketStation (if that counts, heh)
PSP
Vita

NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Wii U

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
GBA
GBA SP
DS
DS Lite
2DS

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

...Many of my systems, especially anything before the PSX/SAT/N64 era were handed down to me by my dad. He was really into console gaming before I was born, now he's strictly a PC gamer.

Nice collection

1. SNES. My dad owned a NES, but it was no longer in his possession or in the house by the time I was born. The SNES eventually arrived and it was brand new ( 1993 had arrived by then) and I wasn't going to be aware of its existence or what it exactly was until I was about five or six years old. It blew my toddler mind to think that my dad and my older siblings were sitting in front of the TV not only watching it but INTERACTING with the characters and things on screen! Eventually I got in on the fun and you can imagine my seven year old self attempt to grapple with Street Fighter and fail at Zelda: LTTP. It could partially be down to what the game meant to me as a small kid, but I generally still believe that LTTP is the best Zelda game. And yes, technically I eventually owned my dad's SNES until one day I had to sell it for a reason because I needed money. :(

2. PSone. The old PSX belonged to my dad and it buggered up eventually so the PSone replaced it. Yeah, he finally betrayed Nintendo. It was jointly owned by my sister, brother and I, until the arrival of the PS2 made it obsolete so it too took a trip to the second hand store. I have so many fond memories of it, but funnily enough I never discovered Final Fantasy or the RPG genre until the PS2 arrived. It was after then when I would retrospectively go and visit FFVII-IX. So before Final Fantasy, my child gaming days on the PSone consisted of Spyro, Tomb Raider, Hogs of War, Worms, Harry Potter, Wipeout, Tony Hawks, old James Bond games. Good days. One of the best console generations there ever were.

3. PS2. Finally got this hugely-desired machine in 2004 and guess what was the first game that had me excitedly bouncing up and down for it? Final Fantasy X-2, a rather strange place to start my FF adventure, but there you go. I was really into the usual pop music of the day and X-2's opening concert sequence I saw from a disc that came with a game magazine sealed the deal for me. And from there, I managed to build up quite a large library of mostly JRPGs to begin with until I branched out into other genres, culminating in what I believe to have been my personal favourite generation for the sheer breadth and variety. I wanted aid adventure game with plenty of platforming elements? I had Ratchet and Clank and Prince of Persia. A rare sports game I enjoyed? The Tony Hawks instalments were still amazing. A good old JRPG? They were practically everywhere. An RPG that was not from Japan but like an RPG? Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Music game? Amplitude. A good movie tie-in game? Spider-Man 2. A generally good superhero game? Hulk (the open world one, not the movie one). The PS2 was also where I discovered the awesome Lego Star Wars, games. Heck, I even had a Yu-Gi-Oh game in there!

Come to think of it, if you add together everything the PS2, Xbox and GameCube had, that was an unstoppable generation. Wish I had a GameCube particularly. Or a Wii U. Wind Waker remains a game I haven't played except for 15 minutes on a friend's machine.

4. GBA. My first game on it was Pokemon Sapphire. It seemed decent at first, but I never completed it. In fact, I never loved the Pokemon games for some reason. I tried again with Diamond on DS but it was clear that my sister was a much bigger fan of the franchise than I could ever be. Oh well, shame. Still a great machine. Had great time revisiting my younger Nintendo days, especially with Zelda: The Minish Cap and I experienced Metroid Fusion, something you can hilariously imagine how my 12 year old self did on that game. And ultimately it was through the GBA that I finally began playing through the pre-FFVII games, aka the games that I initially dismissed as "eww, they look so ugly in graphics. I'll never play them!".

5. DS. It became my little JRPG machine. Sure there was the usual New Super Mario Bros on it, but it was my go-to place for handheld JRPGs at a time when it was becoming clear that there was a proliferation of JRPGs on handhelds at the expense of the new HD consoles. Great little machine and I had a store near me that sold American DS games, taking advantage of the lack of an irritating region lock. Unfortunately they didn't stock Radiant Historia (and neither did most of America from the sound of it) and I couldn't justify the insane import costs, so sadly I never got my hands on that game. Nor did I ever get that little-known Matrix game called Nostalgia.

6. PSP. Unexpected birthday present from an uncle who lives in Hong Kong I have only met a few times in my life before. Unfortunately, I've never made optimal use of the PSP, even though I purchased a replacement Slim model after the first one died on me with a catalogue of problems, despite my efforts to take good care of it. Some good stuff came out of it. Ready At Dawn have been a good developer, and I got my mitts on Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre.

7. PS3. My first part time job while I was at sixth form meant I could buy myself a PS3 at long last. Finally! I thought; my torturous time behind the counter at Primark with a dick of a boss breathing down my neck could be justified with a PS3, Uncharted 2 (I had online friends bugging me to pick up Uncharted 2 and play online with them) and a month later, FFXIII, which of course, I never became a fan of unfortunately. I've not much on my PS3 to be honest. I've had another part time job since and I was largely focusing on saving up for university. My parents were certainly not about to buy anything for me anymore, and certainly not anything frivolous the moment I turned 18. The select few games I've picked up since were from sales and with price cuts. On the whole I'm okay with my purchases, with nothing else standing out as particularly a stinker. I even got to enjoy GTA 5 of all things!

8. Wii. Second hand machine. Got it to entertain my younger cousins who used to stay around at our place for the summer and funnily enough, we arguably had much more fun with this one than on the far more expensive PS3. My dad, who had dropped out of the gaming hobby when he would have to intermittently stay in London for long periods of time as a civil servant would occasionally come back up home and join in with us on Mario Kart and the Wii Sports games. And as cliched and corny as this may sound, there was that joy of role reversal - where my dad had once tried to teach me the ropes of LTTP, now I was trying to get him, someone who has not touched a Zelda game for 15 years or so, through as much as Twilight Princess as I could. Plus the Wii gave us Xenoblade so all is right with the world.

9. 3DS. Welcome to the family, 3DS! I hesitated with this one because of region lock and the fact that we still haven't hot Shin Megami Tensei 4 yet (insofar as we ever will at this point...) I bit the bullet if only so I could get my hands on Fire Emblem and Zelda. Not had too much of a chance to try out Bravely Default - or to play anything much in between dissertation work - but I've time after graduation for that. Hopefully.

PC? Technically it is. It runs Steam software. But my Sony Vaio has killed its HDD and I have no idea when and where I aim to get it looked at. Until then, I'm working with a borrowed Chromebook. And it sucks.

Mobile, because I suppose that should also count. I don't play anything on my Nexus 5, but I do have a small collection of apps on my iPad, particularly point and clink adventures like Broken Sword 5, as well as simple strategy games like Breach & Clear.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
SNES, N64 GCN, WII, WIIU, PS2, PS3, XB, XB360, GBA, NDS, 3DS, PSP

Did own a NES and GB at one point. Sold my NES to buy a N64. Back then I didn’t care. Today, I regret it. :( Sister owned a PSX so I never ended up buying one. Will eventually get a PS4. XB1 and PSV are a wait and see. Not on my radar and won’t be anytime soon.

Been thinking about going back to the past and work on my retro collection. But that stuff is so expensive and hard to find now. :(

Royston

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 3, 2014
Well here is a list of my former collection right up until early last year when someone broke in and stole then + 30 years of other valuables :(

Ah well, I had a NES, SNES, N64, WII, Master System II, MegaDrive, Mega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PSX, PS2 PS3, PS4, Atari 2600, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Gameboy, Game Gear, Atari Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket colour and a Wonder Swan

I still have the Dreamcast, PS3, PS4 and Wonder Swan lol.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
I had an NES then a Genesis (MegaDrive here in Brasil) and a Dreamcast after... Notice the generation gaps? I was playing in PC during these times.
It was really hard to play JRPG's because I always had to borrow my cousin console to play the games that I really like.

Now I have a PSP and a PS3. I'm planning to buy a PS4 or a Vita soon. (Just in case they announce a Type-0/Agito english version to it)