When do you think FFXV (Full Version) be released?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

When Do you think FFXV ( Full Version be release)?

• Late 2015

Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 32 76.2%

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It does sure look like a trend. Aren't you seeing the numbers? Of course those sequels have lower numbers, but it matters much more that those main titles have lower sales as they pass through a new gen.
Oh don't get me wrong, it's going down. But, I think it says something else about the series. I'd like to see the numbers after XV comes out. Maybe what people want is a chance of pace, and XV is the perfect game to deliver. We'll have to wait and see.

Sep 26, 2013
I honestly believe it is only fair to judge if a series is on a decline or not based on worldwide sales instead of one region alone, but that is just my opinion.
If you want to be realistic, accurate and have a proper understanding of things, I don’t think you should really think like this. Focusing on just the worldwide number itself doesn’t really give us a good idea on how a series is truly performing if we don’t analyze how it does in each region. It ignores a lot of important information.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If you want to be realistic, accurate and have a proper understanding of things, I don’t think you should really think like this. Focusing on just the worldwide number itself doesn’t really give us a good idea on how a series is truly performing if we don’t analyze how it does in each region. It ignores a lot of important information.
Then How well is performing the franchise outside of Japan ? In any case its performing "bad" in Japan only. Also we have to keep in mind that a main title has never being(excluiding ports) on a portable console as well as considering the diferent preference in each region market, thats something that looking only at numbers won´t tell you.

Sep 26, 2013
Then How well is performing the franchise outside of Japan ? In any case its performing "bad" in Japan only.
You got the North American and European numbers? If you do then let’s take a look and talk about it! You seem like you know a thing or two about how it’s doing in the west since you claim it’s only doing “bad” in Japan. ;)

FYI, I don't claim to be a know it all or anything if that's what you took away from my post. All I'm simply saying to Crystal Power is that the facts matter and are important if you want a true understanding of things. It's all about the details.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
You got the North American and European numbers? If you do then let’s take a look and talk about it! You seem like you know a thing or two about how it’s doing in the west since you claim it’s only doing “bad” in Japan. ;)
No i don´t have the sales numbers(i will start to find them right now), i said "bad" because that´s what you were implaing in your respective post about the sales numbers, thats all.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts

FYI, I don't claim to be a know it all or anything if that's what you took away from my post. All I'm simply saying to Crystal Power is that the facts matter and are important if you want a true understanding of things. It's all about the details.
How a franchise is doing shouldn't be solely based on 1 region. Yes you get how people like a certain FF game in each region, but what really matters is the overall results of how many copies sold in it's entirety. Yes looking at the regions stats of the franchise and see who likes it more than the other is valuable info. However, if NA/EU are giving the better results for SE, then perhaps they should focus bringing out FF games to us.

Bottom line is, FFXIII sold 7 million copies worldwide. The total amount sold in it's entirety is the most important as it tells how the series is faring as a whole. I do agree Regional info does help in making certain adjustments to bring back those fans. However, as long as FF brings up the big numbers why would they even need to make a change. Don't fix what's not broken.

Sep 26, 2013
How a franchise is doing shouldn't be solely based on 1 region.
I’m not really saying this. If anything, I’m saying people should look at how each region is doing instead of looking at it all grouped together as one. Each region tells a different story. So does the worldwide number.

I’m also not saying that the sales decline in Japan means Final Fantasy in general is fucked everywhere else and losing popularity in other places around the world either. Again, I’m just specifically looking at Japan here and have been from the very start.

I’ve posted the data. The hard fact is that there has been a sales decline with the mainline titles in Japan. It's that simple.

Bottom line is, FFXIII sold 7 million copies worldwide.
Shipped. Not sold.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Actually both stories are very important. Though depending on the debate at hand one is more accurate than the other to prove the point, as for this specific debate I feel the worldwide sales are more valuable. But yes, in another debate it might be more important to look at Japans sales alone, and in yet another it might be more important to look at North American sales as a solo.

When it's a question if a series is on decline, or is losing it's popularity. I'll have to look at it in a world wide perspective. Now if the sales in Japan begin to drop so much that it begin to effect the worldwide sales to be even lower than the previous installment, then yes taking a closer look into Japan sales alone would be very much needed, is the series quality not appealing to Japan or is the future of console gaming just failing in Japan. We would have to take those into consideration.

Nov 17, 2014
Now if the sales in Japan begin to drop so much that it begin to effect the worldwide sales to be even lower than the previous installment, then yes taking a closer look into Japan sales alone would be very much needed, is the series quality not appealing to Japan or is the future of console gaming just failing in Japan. We would have to take those into consideration.
If we also look at the number of PS4 and Xbox One units sold in Japan alone, we can have an estimate at the sales when FFXV releases. Or maybe the PS4 sales in Japan would increase by the time FFXV is released. Like the Dragon Quest series, the Final Fantasy series is always on their radar. Although, I don't know how the Japanese gaming community is taking the idea of an action-RPG in the FF series. The gamers inside Japan are already more convinced to play FFXV than us, the gamers outside Japan.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
In japan there are around +620.000 PS4 solds (July 2014) and aprox. 45.000 X1 (Nov 2014). If FFXV were to be realese on either 2015 or 2016 i woulds predict that there would be around less than 1.000.000 units (PS4+X1), my prediction is that in Japan XV will sell around 500.000 units and if the reviews are good it will rise the PS4(X1?) Sales and rise the solds unit to +1.000.000 .
As for worldwide i predict at the very lest 1.500.000 units sold (for both consoles), i personally would like the game to top in Square's top 5 best selling games :)

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
In japan there are around +620.000 PS4 solds (July 2014) and aprox. 45.000 X1 (Nov 2014). If FFXV were to be realese on either 2015 or 2016 i woulds predict that there would be around less than 1.000.000 units (PS4+X1), my prediction is that in Japan XV will sell around 500.000 units and if the reviews are good it will rise the PS4(X1?) Sales and rise the solds unit to +1.000.000 .
As for worldwide i predict at the very lest 1.500.000 units sold (for both consoles), i personally would like the game to top in Square's top 5 best selling games :)
Don't forget, there is also I possibility people are holding off buying a PS4 until FFXV is near or out. When FFXV gets near in Japan we could see a spike of sold PS4/XB1 consoles.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The Xbox One is dead in Japan, you will see the sales of the PS4 rise, but not the Xbox One. A few retailers have actually stopped selling them all together.

Cadet

Yevonite
Jan 16, 2015
Duscae Region
Number of PS4s sold has exceed 1 million, as you might have known, and I don't think you want to know the total number of Xbox Ones sold in Japan... lol. Even I couldn't believe it.

Let's just say the Xbox One sold 815 units in the week of 22 to 28 December 2014 (via Famitsu).

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
After watching the ATR it's pretty obvious now that we won't get XV in the first half of 2016. My hope for a Feb/May release is probably not going to become true. But it's really good that we have this quasi confirmation now because it makes waiting much easier. Now I can finally see the end of this road even if it's still a long way ( longer than I thought) to go. :)

Last edited: