Who is your favorite Final Fantasy character?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Sure this could be called a character ranking thread, but I wanted to talk about who people's favorite characters in the FF series are. It can be a hero, villain, side character - you name it. I think out of everyone in all the games over the entire franchise, my favorite character would have to be Balthier from Final Fantasy XII. Why? His story is interesting, his character design well-balanced and more than anything he really should have been the main character of his game. He even says so himself, you know.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I loved Zidane the moment I started playing FF9, at the time I was blown away by the fact that he had a tail, and it was so fun not being a noble hero for once.

Looks wise it would be Snow from FF13...especially in his Lightning Returns attire.

Mifune13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
I have always liked every rendition of Cid, such a great character. Wish they made a back story game on him!

RyoonZ

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
Indonesia
Lightning, I don't like her when I saw her in magazine in 2006 but after played the game I had grown to like her. For male character I'd say Zack is my favorite.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
You know, I never minded him. He's usually in my party along with Balthier and Ashe whenever I replay FF12.
While he's not my overall favourite from the entire series, he is definitely up there.
But most people tend to disbelieve my appreciation of him, that's why I was half joking about it. :b

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
FFXII is actually the only entry where I like the entire playable cast. Even Penelo.
This is just one of the many reasons I think it's the best title in the main series.

I liked alot of the characters in FF12 too. Plus exploring those big open areas was breathtaking. Too bad I couldn't finish it, the last part I remember was reaching the place with seasonal changes.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
At least this time they won't be remastering two games at once, I think. Then again the game is so large. @.@

After giving it some thought, I'd say Jack from Type-0 is my favourite FF character. I love samurai classes. Plus he reminds me of Zack and I think his design is really nice. I imagine Noctis will ultimately become my favourite however.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Tough one!

I have to say I'm quite a fan of Rikku (FFX) and Yuffie (FFVII). I like their more happy-go-lucky attitudes, and I find that Rikku in particular doesn't come across as annoying as, say, the same type of character in a JRPG like a Tales game would. Rikku is young and care-free, but doesn't have the awful voice that usually goes with it, imo, making her much more likeable. Yuffie seems to be of the same mold - quite loud, says silly things, and brings humour to the game. This character style means I also really like Zidane (FFIX) and Tidus (FFX) - the very opposite of your normal moody main protags. Good shouts on Balthier and Vivi, as others have mentioned, too, though I will always be attached to Cloud and Squall greatly.

Last edited: