Who is your favorite Final Fantasy character?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Cloud is definitely up there because they ventured deep into his Hero complex straight to the brink, unlike some protagonists from other Final Fantasy games where they only went skin deep. Plus, Omnislash.

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
Is it bad that I think Kefka is by far the best?

As for main characters, I would have to go with Sabin from Final Fantasy 6.

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
My top favorite so far, I think is Caius from XIII-2! He is not a villain like the others with the cliche "I want to be a god! I want power". On the contrary, he has a very excusable reason to destroy the world! He saw death countless of times and that led him to stop it! Plus his great appearance and of course that voice of his are trully astonishing! Best villain out there in my opinion...

I have played almost all FF out there, except Crisis Core, Crystal Bearers and Type-O. So before playing XIII-2 or if I can choose only between good guys, I would say mostly Vivi from IX (though almost all of it's cast was truly adorable... that Beatrix!) and of course my love... Lightning!

I really can't resist in those three! :D

Gregory Yu

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 27, 2013
Zack. cant be anybody but him. at the end of crisis core, his words to cloud and his last question "would you say i became a hero?" that single moment probably singled him out as the greatest video game character ever for me

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
It's hard to just pick one, I mean I like Balthier, Squall, Setzer, Galuf, Sazh, Fang, Vivi, Lulu, Auron... but number one (and here comes no surprise).

Vincent Valentine.

I know he gets called emo a lot, but there was a time in my life where I related to the character a lot, I went through a pretty bad break up and everything else in my life at the time was just falling apart. To cut a long story short, I may have not slept in a coffin, but I was dead to the world around me for quite a number of years. Besides all that, I just like the quiet brooding characters, I like his design, and I honestly think his shape shifting limit breaks are cool even if they can screw you over in boss fights (Materia Keeper D:<). Also I think I'm the only person on the planet that enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus.

So yeah, Vincent for me.

Seda

Yevonite
Site Staff
Sep 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
Balthier is my favorite as well - at first he's kind of just a smug, confident, dashing rogue-type who has a way with words, which is cool enough in itself. But as you learn about his backstory and his relationship with some of the antagonists in the title, and his actions nearing the climax of the game, goes from simply being 'cool' to one of the best protagonists in any game, with a fair share of nuance to his personality.

Masqurin

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 27, 2013
For the longest time my top 3 was Faris, Celes, and Yuffie. And then I played FFXII and everyone and everything just blew me away. As in everyone!

And don't kill me because I like Hope and Lightning and their potential uh... most of you probably know where I'm going.

Amicitia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
I might as well be more specific then in my choices :) FFXII and the XIII-series feature casts I loved the most, but I'd specifically point out Balthier, Gabranth, and Ashe for XII, and Lightning and Hope for the XIII-series.

Gabranth's sort-of-ambiguous role was so intriguing for me. His character had a lot of flaws but my appreciation for his character grew even more.

As for Lightning and Hope, briefly-speaking they're actually initially the ones I disliked the most in the cast. I think as I personally began to understand and learn more of their characters I grew to like them even more over time.

Sep 26, 2013
Zack Fair is definitely my favorite. I love how he always makes me smile & laugh at his antics throughout the game, and in the end made me cried my eyes out. Plus, he's pretty good looking too :D

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
As for Lightning and Hope, briefly-speaking they're actually initially the ones I disliked the most in the cast. I think as I personally began to understand and learn more of their characters I grew to like them even more over time.
I think most of us if not all, who love the saga actually had the same feelings... Light was a bit weird at first, punching comrades and arguing and blaming all the time and Hope crying and whining... But when they put them together in the later chapters, I just wished the best for them! Gosh!

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
I actually like Noel and Zack a lot, but I haven't played through all of the Final Fantasies, so I'm sure I'll pick another favorite or two eventually.

Last edited: