1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Windows 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by darkbahamut, Jul 29, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. darkbahamut

darkbahamut PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

(If this has already been made, feel free to merge)

Windows 10 launched today, and I've got my free upgrade from Windows 8. While it took 3 hours overall (had to go through all of my programs to prepare) the installation was otherwise smooth.

As for the OS itself, it has fixed almost all of the problems Windows 8 had, although it has a few little niggles. The only technical problem I've had was when the Start menu wouldn't open, so I had to run a command in PowerShell to fix (for more info on this, click here), which seems to be a lingering issue from previews.

Anyone else got their copy/upgrade yet?

2. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I've got no problems on my end when installing the Windows 10 OS. The taskbar, especially the start menu interface is designed and functions very well and conveniently.

It's very Windows XP like, the start menu and I'm glad Windows 10 has this. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it feels that opening windows and application is a lot more responsive than Windows 8.1 OS.

Overall, the GUI is great & user-friendly. Microsoft Edge web broswer is undoubtly faster than Internet Explorer (RIP and thankfully stay that way). Kinda awkward that Control Panel is now settings but this is expected so I'll get used to it.

Is Windows 10 better than Windows 8/8.1?

[​IMG]

3. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

It´s 29/7 , reserved my free update and...still no notifications of it.... is 29/7 a world wide release or not ?

4. Wazi the pa

I didn't get a notification but I still got it to install. Click on the Windows 10 icon and from there, you have the option start installing the new OS.

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Ok i did it and it says that the update will be begin "soon". Probably later tonight i will give some impresions.

6. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Great, I'll see if I can update today.

7. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Ok nearly 20 hours since july 29th began and still no notifications of my update, is something wrong ?
    W10.jpg
    Everything is OK, minus the optional touch screen.
    It even says that i already made my reservation.

Attached Files:

8. Wazi the pa

Close it & open it again? That's the same window I got when I first opened it but then after I closed it and then it sent me to a window where I was able to install it. Try that possibly.

9. yeah_93

It says I have my reservation, and that I have to wait until it notifies me that my PC is ready for it.

I AM READY. WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT.

10. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

It looks like that only in some places is available, and that they are not realesing it everywhere at the same time, just to avoid this.

11. Wazi the pa

Maybe you're still downloading the OS.

12. yeah_93

No, not really. The task manager scan doesn't show internet being used for the download.

13. Leon Gehste

Leon Gehste Balamb Garden Freshman

Got mine installed and got everything almost setup the way i want it, down side is I should have saved pictures to a flash drive lost those :( . So far everything runs fast and fine Cortana is really interesting, somehow i was able to run Deus Ex Human Revolution from using Cortana but can't remember what exactly what i said. As for your download problem the way i downloaded Windows 10 was from this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 it asks either to upgrade current PC or you're able to create a Install disc or USB drive to install on other computers.

14. Wazi the pa

Really, you lost pictures? Why haven't I lost anything.....

15. yeah_93

Woohoo! I got Windows 10 and so far it doesn't seem like I lost anything.

16. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

After 9 days of waiting i finally installed Windows 10. My impresions :

The first 20 minutes after the system restarts, everything was slow like the browser took 15-20 seconds to open after the first click, the same applied to every folder i tried to open but, everything went back to normal.
    I lost nothing, my softwares are still funtional (yeah! my games are safe!!), the GUI looks neat. Nothing to complain about, yet.

Overall i have no regrets.:)

17. Yause

Yause Yevonite

I had a problem with the network adapter not working after the upgrade. A driver update solved the issue, so yeah, it's a good idea to download new drivers ahead of time just in case.

18. PlayerUp

PlayerUp Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Have only heard good things about Windows 10 from pretty much everyone. Windows making a comeback.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!