X/X-2 HD on PS4 looks amazing

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Is it much different from the PS3 version? I notice nice colors in these scans, but I can't remember if the normal game just looks like this honestly. I have the X/X-2 HD on PS3 but haven't played it yet... Then they announced this...

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
That Tidus face tho.
Remember it being all out of whack on the PS3 as well.
They let us use the good music in this version tho right?

Is it much different from the PS3 version? I notice nice colors in these scans, but I can't remember if the normal game just looks like this honestly. I have the X/X-2 HD on PS3 but haven't played it yet... Then they announced this...
Textures are higher resolution and the game is actually running at a higher resolution in general, then being downscaled to 1080p. I'm eager to see if the FMVs have been remastered at 1080p as they were sadly stretched from 720p on the PS3 release. They've also made improvements to the lighting engine which really pays off and gives these screenshots a bit more of a pop. There are some nice comparison shots on the JP website.