1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS Announced

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Aug 29, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Just announced in the Nintendo Direct.

2. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

While I don't own a 3DS, and even though I already played Xenoblade; I'm glad this is getting released. Xenoblade is arguably the strongest JRPG of last gen, and it's nice to see more people can play it.

PD: Is it just me, or does the combat look kind of slow?

3. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

So, is this going to be a New 3DS exclusive or not? I was going to get a 3DS soon, but if that's the case, I might wait to get the upgraded one...

4. Squirrel Emperor

New 3DS exclusive from the looks of it. Best to wait anyways cause a lot of software is in development that will be only exclusive to New 3DS.

5. Orenji

Orenji PSICOM Soldier

I'm curious about those games already in development. In my opinion, they should have waited a little longer and announce the N3DS along with some other games... Not that I'm complaining, tho - this will be the first time I'll be able to play this amazing game (if it gets released in Europe, of course :oops:)

6. darkbahamut

darkbahamut PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

It looks like a lot of optimisation is yet to be done. For example, look at the grass around Shulk at between 0.37-0.39.

7. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

I hope that's the case, and this is not some kind of "final version" footage.

8. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Apparently the game won't be out until sometime next year (no quarter specified) so it may be tweaked quite a bit until then.

9. darkbahamut

darkbahamut PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

My guess is that it will be released by the time E3 comes around, as a lot of the porting donkey-work appears to have been done. Even so, optimising a game of this size on New 3DS must be quite staggering, considering it seems to struggle a bit in its current form.

I'm also wondering if this port means that X has been delayed until late 2015, which I sure hope not.

10. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

I'm honestly hoping it will come out around February or March, actually, with a limited edition LL, so that kids who got their New Years money will be more likely to buy this (and I'll be able to snatch up the LL too). Though Xenoblade isn't really a game marketed toward kids that I know of.

But maybe I'm hoping for too much. May/June seems so far away...

11. Squirrel Emperor

It's possible that the reason this exists is to get Nintendo's handheld audience interested in X. However, that doesn't sound like it would be a very effective as Nintendo is ignoring 40 million 3DS owners by making this exclusive to NEW 3DS.

12. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

They will have more games announced for the NEW 3DS along the way.
    I don't believe Xenoblades Chronicles is the console-selling game but rather Nintendo showed it off to better understand the people what the handheld is capable of running.
    They are going to need more than Xenoblade to make those 3DS owners move on. Not saying the game is bad but rather its not enough

Think of the NEW 3DS as the Nintendo DSi version 2.0 except games made for the handheld is too much for the previous models, thus the exclusivity.

13. Wazi the pa

All the more reason to grab a NEW 3DS for myself.
    Initially, I was planning to purchase the 3DS XL when Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby releases, but I can happily wait for the model to arrive to the West.

14. Squirrel Emperor

The game was just announced in today's Nintendo Direct for Australia and will come out in 2015. So it looks like the game will see release outside of Japan.

15. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

As much as I'd like to play it, it doesn't justify my buying yet another 3DS.

16. Squirrel Emperor

I think I would rather play the game on a big screen TV then on a little screen. And since that's something I've already done, I don't really care too much about the handheld version.

17. Wazi the pa

Still looking for that Wii retail copy......

18. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

Handheld version looks like it can barely even run. I'd hate to imagine the framerate of say, Agniratha, or wherever it was with the highest concentrates of Mechon.

19. Squirrel Emperor

It'll probably run. They're just going to have to cut some stuff out, which judging by the footage is something they've been doing.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!