1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Squirrel Emperor, Sep 27, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

2. Starlord

Starlord Red Wings Commander

Almost every time they hold a Nintendo Direct that's for 1 game only, a release date is sure to be right behind it.

3. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

It's a Nintendo Direct followed by a Nintendo Treehouse live presentation featuring the game too. Videos available in English only.

That means it's going to be Reyn time tomorrow! :D

4. Squirrel Emperor

Only thing to take away from the direct are some of the translation changes. Otherwise, if you've been keeping up with Japanese media, nothing is really new.

Treehouse footage.

Also, western media went hands on with the game last week and are starting to post their previews.

Venturebeat
    GameSpot

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  5. Lucina

Lucina Red Wings Commander

what a bunch of jokers

6. Squirrel Emperor

I won't participate but someone should probably make a spoiler thread. Some people have the game already and we're learning things about the story. I've already ruined one big thing for myself.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  7. Squirrel Emperor

For those wondering about Japanese sales...

Xenoblade:
    Week 1: 82,952
    Week 2: 20,810 / 103,762

Xenoblade X:
    Week 1: 85,586
    Week 2: 11,689 / 97,275

Crystal Power likes this.
  8. Crystal Power

Crystal Power ShinRa SOLDIER

Decent numbers, I do wish it would have performed much better though..

9. Squirrel Emperor

They're not really great but not god awful either. Just expected.

It won't beat the LTD for the Wii game though. Not gonna come close.

10. darkbahamut

darkbahamut PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

E3 summary for Xeno X.
    • New trailer containing English-translated text during the Digital Event.
    • Releases December in the West (4th for NA, possibly same for EU).
    • During the Treehouse, English voices were heard for the first time. American accents, which is fine when you consider your home is New Los Angeles.
    Its a shame we have to wait 5 more months until release, but at least we have a date now.

11. Watermango

Watermango Balamb Garden Freshman

Ah I sort of wish they went with the British voice acting again. It definitely grew on me.

12. Squirrel Emperor

Treehouse footage

Thought this was interesting.

Link to short clip of English voice acting (in day 3 treehouse footage as well)

Crystal Power likes this.
  13. Squirrel Emperor

14. Squirrel Emperor

Mmm.... Chocolate!

[​IMG]

15. llazy77

llazy77 Sphere Hunter

I completly forgot about this game. Im hearing bad things about (lack of story) and such. Worried about this game. Was going to buy a wii u for this and zelda but I dont know anymore.

16. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

Each to their own.

Yes, the game "lacks a story" (which is a silly argument, there is a story, but it's not presented in the same way jRPGs traditionally do story - which I love for a change), but seems to make up for it by a well-crafted world that is made for people who just want to go about exploring. If that doesn't float your boat, fine. But I find the negativity surrounding the game to be unjust, MLSI wanted to go for something different this time and everything I hear makes it sound like this is a RPG made for me.

Also, speaking from my personal experience with Monolith's games (of which I've played almost all save for Xenogears and the third Xenosaga) is that this particular team excels at crafting unique, interesting universes but has trouble executing an in-depth "story" without being hampered by the sheer necessity of complex exposition those universes require. Dialing back a bit with the idea of a "traditional narrative" and focusing on building a world and letting you explore it may play more to the strenghts of this particular studio than trying to go for a complex, high-brow "story" in the sense most people think of it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  17. Squirrel Emperor

Takahashi does address the story complaints.

Source: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/0...opes-to-focus-more-on-story-in-his-next-game/

Takahashi says he hopes to apply a broader story, improved interface, more intricate online connectivity and the option of going to space in his next title.

It's understandable. The transition to HD development has been a struggle for many developers so Monolith Soft just wanted to take it easy. Now that they have experience, they can hopefully take it up a notch.

That said...

I've read some impressions and it seems like they focused on world exploration and gameplay in favor of story and characters.

It doesn't mean it's a bad game, but it would be wise to treat it as its own thing instead of going in and expecting a typical JRPG experience.

Earth blew up and mankind is trying to survive. They crash land on this planet that they now have to call home. "Survival" is the keyword here. When you play the game, think of it as you're playing the role of a survivor. If you read the descriptions of the 8 unions you can join, you can see each one does something that helps mankind survive.

• [​IMG] Arms: They support the development of the Arms Company, developers of weapons for both Skells and infantry.
    • [​IMG] Avalanche: Their goal is to defeat dangerous monsters.
    • [​IMG] Colepedian: They pioneer and survey Mira's various locations, and collect materials.
    • [​IMG] Companion: They aim to resolve problems between citizens of New Los Angeles.
    • [​IMG] Inter Ceptor: They are in charge of creature subjugation. They are also bodyguards for the survey teams and rescue New Los Angeles citizens.
    • [​IMG] Land Bank: They aim to maintain peoples' livelihoods by exploring Mira and securing resources. Their main duty is collecting minerals.
    • [​IMG] Path Finder: They are pioneers and trailblazers in charge of establishing Data Probes to expand the Frontier Net.
    • [​IMG] Reclaimer: They search for and recover of the White Whale scattered about Mira, and recover lost items from the battlefield.

18. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Hey, if Xenoblade Chronicles X is enjoyable enough, I hope to see those words come to life in his next title if I'm able to understand the idea he's going for. I'm definitely planning to buy it.

19. AnGer-dono

AnGer-dono ShinRa SOLDIER

The game will get a Limited Edition and a Wii U bundle:

[​IMG]

Also relevant:
    Source: Nintendo.co.uk

In addition, Nintendo will offer a live stream for the game on August 8, at 15.00 GMT (16.00 CET, 10.00 Eastern, 07.00 Pacific) on twitch.

20. Squirrel Emperor

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!