1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Xenoblade Chronicles

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Nikolasvanitas, Sep 28, 2013.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade Chronicles is a Jrpg for the Wii created by Monolith Soft and maybe one of the best Jrpgs of this generation
    I bought a Wii for Xenoblade and I remember that the first time I stood in Gaur Plains I was shocked with how huge the open areas are,since then Xenoblade has become one of my favorite games
    So have you tried Xenoblade and what do you think about this game?​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    soup or mann likes this.
  2. Stealth

Stealth Red Wings Commander

The game is super

3. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Excellent game, if a bit overrated. I would have liked more character interactions (those heart-to-heart scenes were a chore to get) and a shorter plot. But everything else is great. The art is fantastic. The music too. The british VA is remarkable (seriously, Alvin has the best voices in the game). And the plot is great too.

4. Stealth

Thankfully its back on store shelves

5. Ehren

Ehren The Sunflower Knight Moderator Site Staff

The daytime music for Gaur Plain is fantastic. I found a 30 minute loop of it on youtube once and used it for my workout routine.

Also, I felt that both the future-seeing mechanic and the ability to change time to whatever you want right from the beginning of the game was a fantastic idea. I still haven't even finished one playthrough (had to give it back), but when I move my new roommate and I are picking up a Wii U and this game.

6. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Red Wings Commander

The Wii got some great JRPGs I want to desperately play, but unless I can pick up a console and the game for 50 but under 100, i'm gonna bark at it at the end of my leash.

7. Stealth

Unless its used and has damage you will never find a system for that price ever .

8. APZonerunner

APZonerunner Network Boss-man Staff Member Administrator Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

This game looks ridiculous on a Wii U and output in HD. Emulator would do wonders too, I imagine.

9. Stealth

I would not count on that ( as good as that sounds)

10. Zerox20

Zerox20 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Site Staff

I personally played it on an emulator, using Dolphin there is an HD texture pack for it. Configure Dolphin adjust all the video/audio settings and looks pretty awesome.

11. soup or mann

soup or mann Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

As much as I love Xenogears (and Xenosaga, though to a much lesser extent), I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I haven't played Xenoblade yet. I was holding out for a price drop then the game fell off the face of the earth. I'll get it eventually. I need to dust off my Wii anyway.

12. Stealth

Neat

13. Ehren

It looked much better on the Wii U, yesh. The character models still aren't the best, but the environments looked FANTASTIC. I enjoyed the battle system well enough, although I almost never switched from the main character because of reasons.

14. Zerox20

15. Ehren

Nikolasvanitas likes this.
  16. Zerox20

What issues you having? If you got a beefy enough computer its super simple to setup and get working nowadays.

17. Casval

Casval Yevonite

The price for Xenoblade - why is it so high? I saw the game listed for fewer than 50 at GameStop last year, and now it's, well, a lot more.

18. Zerox20

19. Ehren

I've just never been able to get it to work with any game. I can provide some computer specs if need be, but my general problem is that it crashes out a lot and I can't usually find coherent instructions on how to set up for specific games. Half the time it seems like they assume you know quite a lot more about Dolphin than the average person would know going into it.

My Xenoblade file wouldn't even play (while I had it, got rid of it a while back out of frustration), Crystal Chronicles for the gamecube had awful sound cutouts and major graphical errors, Tales of Symphonia had a constant high-itched whine and stuttered voices/sounds, and BOTH Baten Kaitos games caused my computer to crash upon boot-up (I tried four or five versions of those last two).

20. Stealth

I am thankful Xenoblade is back in stores

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!