Xenoblade Chronicles

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade Chronicles is a Jrpg for the Wii created by Monolith Soft and maybe one of the best Jrpgs of this generation
I bought a Wii for Xenoblade and I remember that the first time I stood in Gaur Plains I was shocked with how huge the open areas are,since then Xenoblade has become one of my favorite games
So have you tried Xenoblade and what do you think about this game?​

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Excellent game, if a bit overrated. I would have liked more character interactions (those heart-to-heart scenes were a chore to get) and a shorter plot. But everything else is great. The art is fantastic. The music too. The british VA is remarkable (seriously, Alvin has the best voices in the game). And the plot is great too.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
The daytime music for Gaur Plain is fantastic. I found a 30 minute loop of it on youtube once and used it for my workout routine.

Also, I felt that both the future-seeing mechanic and the ability to change time to whatever you want right from the beginning of the game was a fantastic idea. I still haven't even finished one playthrough (had to give it back), but when I move my new roommate and I are picking up a Wii U and this game.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
The Wii got some great JRPGs I want to desperately play, but unless I can pick up a console and the game for 50 but under 100, i'm gonna bark at it at the end of my leash.

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
I personally played it on an emulator, using Dolphin there is an HD texture pack for it. Configure Dolphin adjust all the video/audio settings and looks pretty awesome.

soup or mann

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
As much as I love Xenogears (and Xenosaga, though to a much lesser extent), I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I haven't played Xenoblade yet. I was holding out for a price drop then the game fell off the face of the earth. I'll get it eventually. I need to dust off my Wii anyway.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
It looked much better on the Wii U, yesh. The character models still aren't the best, but the environments looked FANTASTIC. I enjoyed the battle system well enough, although I almost never switched from the main character because of reasons.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013
Ughhhh, if only Dolphin didn't hate me. That looks absolutely prodigious, and I want it in my living room forever and always.

~~~

On an unrelated note.
Gaur Plains music is still delicious, and it's part of the reason it took me almost 20 hours to finally head up to the Satorl Marsh. That and sidequestsssss.
What issues you having? If you got a beefy enough computer its super simple to setup and get working nowadays.

Casval

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 30, 2013
The price for Xenoblade - why is it so high? I saw the game listed for fewer than 50 at GameStop last year, and now it's, well, a lot more.

Zerox20

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Aug 31, 2013

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
What issues you having? If you got a beefy enough computer its super simple to setup and get working nowadays.
I've just never been able to get it to work with any game. I can provide some computer specs if need be, but my general problem is that it crashes out a lot and I can't usually find coherent instructions on how to set up for specific games. Half the time it seems like they assume you know quite a lot more about Dolphin than the average person would know going into it.

My Xenoblade file wouldn't even play (while I had it, got rid of it a while back out of frustration), Crystal Chronicles for the gamecube had awful sound cutouts and major graphical errors, Tales of Symphonia had a constant high-itched whine and stuttered voices/sounds, and BOTH Baten Kaitos games caused my computer to crash upon boot-up (I tried four or five versions of those last two).