Yo!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rainvillain

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 4, 2016
Toronto
Hi there,

Nova Crystallis has become my main news source for the last while and I only know decided to check out the forums -- I'm seeing a lot of interesting, level headed discussions, which is a nice change of pace from the vitriol and hyperbole more common on places like reddit and gamefaqs...

I had been looking for a new "home" in regards to FF discussions and this place seems like it could be it, so, hey, hello!

My first Final Fantasy game was FFVII on the PC in 1998, and have since played all of them. Or almost all of them, to be honest there are a few I've never finished, and I'll list those in a minute.
My main attraction to the Final Fantasy series (if I can name just one) has to be their soundtracks, which have had one of the biggest influences on me as a person (I know make music for short films, commercials and indie games). Nobuo Uematsu was my idol growing up, though Masashi Hamauzu's work on the XIII trilogy has been equally strong, and I absolutely ADORE what I've heard of Yoko Shimomura's XV output so far!
(Sadly, Sakimoto's XII work never grabbed me...)

If I had to pick my favourite Final Fantasy, it would have to be IX, though in general I tend to think of VII-VIII-IX as the "golden days" and keep all three in the highest of regards.

If I had to pick a favourite character, hmm, I would say Terra, Tifa, Vivi, Yuna, or maybe even Lightning.

My biggest shame is that I've never beaten FFVI. That's all I'll say about that, hah.

I would not be able to name you a favourite song, though I'll say a few of my favourites include Distant Worlds arrangements of You're Not Alone and To Zanarkand. Or the original Man with the Machine Gun. Or more recently, A Fading Miracle from XIII-2 or the night time battle theme from the Duscae demo. -- there used to be youtube hyperlinks to each of those tunes but since this is my first post Mognet wouldn't let me have links ;)

While waiting for Final Fantasy XV's release later this year, I'm trying to grab the PS4 Platinum trophy in Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy X & X-2 and Final Fantasy VII.. it's an uphill battle.

Anyway, this is a long introduction. I look forward to contributing to these forums :)

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

I didn't beat FFVI either. I made it to World of Ruin, got lost, and gave up!

Also I never really put much time in to FFI, II, IV and V so I never completed those either.

I've completed III, VII, IX, X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2 and Type-0.

Last edited:

Rainvillain

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 4, 2016
Toronto
Thanks everyone!

Right, I guess I should mention I haven't finished II, V, VI, XI, Lightning Returns and Type-0 (though currently working on that one..!)