1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Your favorite Anime of all time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Aug 7, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Mine would hands is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    [​IMG]

This anime can make you laugh, make you cry and make you feel warm inside too.

2. hui43210

hui43210 Yevonite

3. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Digimon. I've only seen like 3 anime in my life, so...

4. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Probably Dragon Ball Z. I don't watch a lot of anime.

I did enjoy Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Wing though. Also liked Gungrave and Witchblade.

5. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note. I can't choose between them. They're both too perfect.

6. Wazi the pa

Hey, at least you watched classics. Thats a good start :p

7. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Cowboy Bebop. Not only is it my favorite anime, it's also my favorite show ever. Not one episode of this show do I dislike. The finale is perfect too. It certainly ends with a bang.

Other anime I've enjoyed are Eureka Seven and Gad Guard.

Which season(s) have you seen? I'm actually quite into Digimon myself.

8. yeah_93

The first 4. Adventure, 02, Tamers, and Frontier. They were my absolute favorite when I was a kid.

9. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Hard to pick just one. I have so many that I like a lot. I guess I'll just say The Slayers series as a whole.

10. ScienceNonfiction

Ah, so you've seen the best ones then. My personal favorite is Adventure, followed very closely by Tamers. Third best in my opinion is Savers. I really recommend that one. The main character is pretty different from what you usually see in Digimon.

I'd have to say the newest seasons left a little to be desired though. Didn't hate them, but if you ever want to watch more of Digimon it'd be hard to recommend season 6/7 (Xros Wars/Young Hunters) over season 5 (Savers).

Still excited for Adventure 2015 though!

Also, forgot to mention Serial Experiments Lain. Really dark/creepy show that scared the daylights outta me as a kid. The opening theme song still manages to send a chill down my spine to this very day.

Very psychological too and even after all these years I still don't think I fully understand it. And actually I just found out recently that it was written by the same guy who wrote Digimon Tamers. Interesting!

minor edit: fixed some weird formatting stuff

Kaii likes this.
  11. yeah_93

I like more 02 than most people. Tamers is great but sometimes too melodramatic. Adventure is the absolute best.

12. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

Is it bad that I'm way more excited about Cyber Sleuth than I am about the new Adventure continuation? The latter feels like an obvious nostalgia-grab while the former is steering the series in a fresh and stylish direction that is way more appealing than the weird gattai stuff in Xros Wars. Tamers is my favorite of the anime series, with Adventure closely behind. It dragged somewhat toward the end, I hated pretty much everything with Ryo, and I want to punt Culumon off a cliff, but it holds up the best in a lot of areas.

If you guys want to see more of Konaka's work (Lain/Tamers) check out Texhnolyze. Kinda freaky show. He also did Ghost Hound which I never finished watching, and the Naru Taru anime. I know he had to hold back a lot with Tamers.

For all-time favorite anime though, uh... That would probably be Gintama, Utena, Penguindrum, JoJo, something like that??Though part of me is tempted to put Digimon on the list. I'd definitely mention One Piece if it wasn't for the horrible pacing in later episodes. I really really love One Piece but I switched to the manga after Enies Lobby...

13. Wazi the pa

I tried One Piece..... It's really damn good but I got introduced to the anime way too late so I slowly gave up and I've been sticking to Bleach instead. I hope Bleach gets aired again.

14. ScienceNonfiction

I might be excited about Cyber Sleuth if it gets localized. :\ There's always that other Digimon game, I guess... The one that looks like Digimon Rumble Arena that I used to play on PS1.

Totally agreed on Ryo though. His entire character was just unnecessary. In fact, I'd even say
    his inclusion in the final battle detracts from the finale of the show.

15. yeah_93

I never got why did they include that character. "Hey, look at this cool kid you've never seen!" Also, the girl with the dog. That was too random for my 10 year old mind to comprehend.

16. KOKAYI5

KOKAYI5 Red Wings Commander

FMA Brotherhood or Outlaw Star.

17. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

If you read Konaka's Tamers website he outright admits that he did not know what to do with Ryo, but the decision to include him was made by execs early in production, because the Wonderswan games were popular or something. Konaka left all the Ryo stuff to another writer. IMO all it ended up doing was nerfing Ruki, ruined the point of her character arc, which is what really made me dislike him. Konaka originally wanted the protagonist of Tamers to be a girl, but when the execs said no, he decided the strongest character should be the girl instead.

The Alice girl was there because there was a Digimon design contest where the winning design would make it into the show with a Tamer, and Dobermon won. They tried to fit her in to the story somehow and did what they could but it was pretty vague/rushed. I think she was supposed to be dead/some kind of digital ghost.

Basically everything that bugged me about Tamers was the result of exec meddling.

18. Wazi the pa

Speaking of Digimon, anyone excited for it's return?

19. yeah_93

Well, that explains why she looked like the result of fan art.

20. TacoBell_Lord

TacoBell_Lord Stiltzkin's Apprentice

the one where the guy in my profile pic is from

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!