1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Your feedback on the FFXV Duscae Demo (It's UPS & DOWNS) *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Mar 20, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Completely agree.

That said I personally wouldn't be totally surprised if we get a female guest character later in the game though.

2. Luminous-Night

Luminous-Night Yevonite

I may personally like his more gruff confident voice but I get what your laying down, and where your coming from. I just hope they stick to Nomura's vision of Noctis and his envisioned portrayal. They are the ones who know his back story and are bringing him to life. So I hope they stick to their guns when it counts and that includes his voice in whatever way they choose to portray. I have faith either way. I've been waiting for this game since it was Final Fantasy Versus XIII so I want it to live up to my expectations too like everyone else on here. :embarrassed:

3. Luminous-Night

Luminous-Night Yevonite

Beautifully put, I hope they stick to their vision while listening to a healthy dose of criticism and changing what is reasonable. I mean, we don't even know 75% to 90% of the vision being made, just tiny tibits we have heard about or have been shown (or recently played!!! :woot:) . In the end I applaud them for their vision thus far and hope they stick to it where it counts.

4. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

Oh yeah, I remember that. That's common sense if you think about it. The complaints will die out once the reason shines up really well in seeing that in action in the game and they'll accept it either way.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

It has been explained but they're going to have to convince people that the story can only be told with four guys and plugging in a girl would just not work out well. It's not some unheard of concept in the real world for guys to act normally and not differently around girls. That's the challenge the writers face but I think this only really matters to those who want a playable female character.

So yeah, it kinda does matter to me. Not just because Stella is a cute babe but variety is something I find appealing in games like this. In regards to the story, I really don't care if a playable female character makes sense or not. I don't really play Final Fantasy games expecting a brilliant work of literature that's going to stand the test of time. Hell, some of the things in a Final Fantasy story just don't make any sense at all.

So the story isn't the main reason why I play games like this. World design, gameplay, music, exploration... This stuff matters to me the most and must work together in unison. I personally find that if these things are firing on all cylinders, it can make a bad story tolerable. If the story is good, then it's only going to enhance it.

They should have just said something along the lines of, "If FFX-2 can have an all female cast then why can't we have an all male cast?" Or just simply say it's for the sake of being different and leave it at that.

Wazi the pa likes this.
  6. Wazi the pa

Damn.... I feel ya on that one man. Not much we could do now but.... Maybe they might surprise us something that might turn us away from that..... I don't know anymore more. I'm just gonna with the flow until I hit a barrier.

Hehe..... A babe. :embarrassed:

7. Luminous-Night

Luminous-Night Yevonite

Why wouldn't you want Final Fantasy XV to break that trend? I sure know I do. It would be cool to have a playable female character although if they envisioned a worth while story without a female character I'm okay with that. Stella and Luna pull their weight already within the story so I'm all good. And both of them are beyond classy!!

Though I get what your saying completely, Stella is pretty freaking awesome.

I'm trying to not carry my NINE YEAR Versus expectations going into FFXV. I want to be taken on a journey, unbiased and without preconceived notions. I want to be surprised and excited and feel a sense of wonder. So I'm really lenient about characters and story I have faith in them in that department. I'm more on the train for helping them make the game play better by giving constructive input when I am able.

8. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

Played the demo at my friends house yesterday.

The combat is really satisfying and I like the ability/weapon system.
    It could run a bit smoother but they have already said this isn't the final version of the engine.
    I love the party banter.
    When I first heard the english voices dubbed over that trailer a while ago I hated them but they've really grown on me plus some of the party banter doesn't get subtitled so I would have to use them anyway.

My only complaints are that the camera during combat is all over the place and too close to Noctis.
    And in the sidequests that require you to find things in a certain area like the behemoth clues, chocobos and the magicite should not show you exactly where it is. It should give you a circle on the map that pretty much shows you the general area where you can find the things you need to find.

I'll update this if anything comes to mind

9. LeonBlade

LeonBlade Forest Owl Staff Member Moderator Site Staff

That's implying they wouldn't have it subtitled in the full game, which they would.

10. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

Hopefully.

11. Wazi the pa

They will. A flaw that obvious won't be remained as it is. Don't bother hoping.

LeonBlade likes this.
  12. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Most of the things were already mentioned here so I'll only write short notes about what needs to be fixed in my opinion (excluding things which they already promised to add/fix/improve):

- Fix jumping ( not the attack) it looks and feels rough as hell.
    - More warping points and warping outside of battles.
    - Overall more freedom in your movements outside of battles.
    - AI shouldn't get in the way so often -> shouldn't be able to block you in general.
    - fix the lock on and the camera ( especially in battles)
    - Put in a system where you'll be able to cancel your attacks at any time and switch to defense immediately ( at a cost of some MP if it's too overpowered otherwise)
    - Include timed and manual dodging ! ( iirc they already promised this)
    - Improve the f*cking performance! ( they promised this already but there's no way that I don't mention this here. It was really annoying and by far my biggest issue with the demo)
    - reduce the rate of some encounters ( the Nilflheim ships at night for example)
    - make it possible to use one weapon for multiple attack slots.
    - Noctis needs to be able to run longer and/or faster.

I probably forgot some things so I'm likely going to edit this post a few times.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  13. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

L1+O

14. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

That's not what I mean. I demand sth. way more dynamic.

15. Rezon

Rezon PSICOM Soldier

How would you like it to work?

16. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

It's actually kinda related to this point:
    "- Put in a system where you'll be able to cancel your attacks at any time and switch to defense immediately ( at a cost of some MP if it's too overpowered otherwise)"
    I'd like to have a manually dodge (and dodging roll of course!) that is not only more flexible but also more comfortable to use. The L+O dodge is in its current state not fast and responsive enough to me.

17. LeonBlade

lol, exactly.

• Jumping feels weighted because that's the style of the game, aerial combat isn't implemented, and the game isn't finished, of course it's rough.
    • Warping outside of battle would be nice
    • I have no idea what you're asking for... freedom of movements outside of battles? As opposed to the movement we have in battles? I have no idea what this means.
    • AI isn't finished, it's a demo
    • Camera isn't finished, it's a demo
    • I would argue that attack canceling is pointless in XV because of the Knightsguard ability. Most of the abilities in XV are fast and don't really require you to need to cancel besides the heavier weapons and parts of the spear combo. Any damage taken during battle can be instantly recovered with Knightsguard with the proper timing. Attack canceling in this context is almost useless, in a game where you play more defensively, it makes sense to want to stop your attack to avoid getting hit, but that's because there's no way to recover in those games. So, honestly, I don't think it needs to be implemented.
    • There already exists timed dodging with the guard stance, you can avoid attacks simply by pressing L1 at the right timing, it's highly sensitive. Manual dodging is technically included. I know you want dodge roll, and I'm sure it will be a technique in the final game, given that we've seen it in the E3 trailer. Not sure how they're going to implement it though into the controls honestly.
    • You don't even need to say this, it's a demo, the performance is going to be bad.
    • Ships demo etc
    • I'd argue that this functionality is wasted potential, however, we already know that the final system isn't even going to work like this. It's a preset configuration of what we can achieve manually with how the weapon deck can be organized into how things are triggered. The final game will present a system that resembles nothing like the demo, more like allowing you to create the system in place for the demo.
    • I don't see why, if you allow Noctis to warp outside of combat this is pointless, you could just warp around everywhere.
    I'm not sure what you mean by not fast enough, but I definitely am looking forward to dodge roll... I just have no idea how they'll do it. Since all the face buttons are already mapped, I'm not sure how they will get dodge roll to work.

18. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Of course and that's why I'm pointing it out. ;)

That was mainly related to the whole warping thing but also for swimming. I also don't like the weird movement restrictions in the gas station shop ( it's probably mainly the camera that bugs me here though). Climbing would also be neat but I can't imagine that this will happen.

Nah, I don't agree here. There's a huge difference between sth. like knightsguard and a dedicated animation cancelling. Knightsguard is cool as a last resort but the thing is that I usually don't want to get hit in the first place.

yep the dodge roll is probably the thing I really need.

That's nowhere near an acceptable explanation for this. I know that Episode Duscae was most likely a rushed demo but the framerate is just attrocious. At some points the game was simply unplayable for me I don't see it as a given that a demo's performance is that bad and I'm shocked that some people don't see a problem here.

It needs to be said even if they're definitely planning to fix this in the full game. This was just inacceptable and for some people even a complete game breaker.

I really don't see where the problem is to give the players the choice here.

If and could. Yeah if that'd be implemented I'd be also ok with the current state.

Oh one thing I forgot. I'd also like to be able to manually dodge/dash while jumping .

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  19. LeonBlade

More like a demo breaker, if anyone honestly can't play the demo because of a few frame drops then by all means don't play it. It was mainly stable for the most part just dipping under 30 quite a bit, the only time it was actually bad is on the side of the map near the astral shard, outside of that the framerate is no where near as bad as you're describing it. I've played 40+ hours and haven't had anything that bad with framerate.

20. Infest

Infest Chocobo Knight

Then you're really lucky so far.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!