1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Your Impression of Microsoft's E3 2014 Press Conference

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Wazi the pa, Jun 9, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

?

Out of 10 what would you rate Microsoft's Conference of E3 2014?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 8

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

I give the conference a high 6.

My reasons being that they didn't have any screw ups like their last year's conference. What they fall short was that their announced exclusives were ALL CGI and no gameplay.

Literally Assassins Creed Unity, Witcher 3 and INSIDE pretty much saved their conference.

They focused too much on their Halo collection.... WE WANT TO BE EXCITED FOR SOMETHING NEW NOT A BLAST FROM THE PAST

2. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

7/10
    I am not really interested in any of their exclusives but I am sure the Xbox fans will be satisfied,good show from Microsoft;)

3. Squirrel Emperor

Squirrel Emperor Nuts Staff Member Moderator

Pretty pissed off about what they're doing with Conker. Slap in the face. Disrespect.

That said. They played it safe I guess. Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound have my attention but not enough to make me go out and buy the console. No megatons to get people talking.

Wazi the pa likes this.
  4. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

5/10 Meh conference. Nothing excited me, though nothing was utterly terrible as last year.

5. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

They were so focused on that Halo Collection...... That is the most ridiculous thing.

6. yeah_93

Maybe because they had nothing else that was exactly exciting? Halo is always a safe bet, so they went for it.

7. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

+ Scalebound could be a very promising exclusive
    + Rise of the Tomb Raider
    + The Witcher 3 preview
    + Crackdown
    + Phantom Dust
    + Project Spark is nuts, just hope it's not simply a mixture of half-baked variety for the sake of it.
    + actual primary focus on games as said
    + Sunset Overdrive and their initial trolling. I loved it, because like everyone else, I was expecting another military shooter.
    + good variety of games and new IPs, a much better Microsoft show than usual.
    + not as much of a heavy Kinect focus.
    + morons in stream comments whinging about how Microsoft kept showing stuff that were not "real games" and "ugh, more kids games" (one person was referring to Inside!) while complaining during Ass Creed Unity's showing that it was yet another Ass Creed game, and that it was like CoD now.

- Okay, someone tell me why much of Paris has an English accent in Assassin's Creed Unity?
    - Ubiquitous CG and little or no actual gameplay footage from the likes of Scalebound, Tomb Raider, Crackdown etc.
    - Co-op and multiplayer being so heavily demonstrated. It got to the point where nearly every game seemed to be a co-op one.
    - Did they...did they just completely forget that Fable is meant to be an RPG? Half of it looks like a thinly disguised third-person shooter!
    - Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo
    - Your ultimate Halo collection has no Halo Reach? Okay.
    - it just wasn't very exciting despite the positives I've listed.

6/10

8. Azuardo

Azuardo Materia Hunter Staff Member Moderator

On a personal level, it was crap. Only thing I had any interest in was Tomb Raider.

Congratulating them showing games at a games conference is ridiculous, but such is the way after their previous performances.

Sad that the only way Conker can get a game now is to shove him into a game creator. Poor sod.

But I'm sure to many others it was a great show.

5/10 from me, however.

Joshua likes this.
  9. Joshua

Joshua PSICOM Soldier

They played it safe. Almost no surprises of you followed nktrnl leaks and other random domain/trademark registrations.

Scalebound, of course, is going to be a big deal for them.

10. Myrodis19

Myrodis19 PSICOM Soldier

7/10. But after reading the comments i would most likely give them a 5/10.

11. Fleur

Fleur Red Wings Commander

The Halo 2 bit was also funny.

"Hey everyone! It's the same from 10 years ago! We've done nothing much to it, so it's the same experience! Now let us demonstrate to you what this decade old game you've all played by now looks like!"

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

12. yeah_93

I can defend the decision to let the multiplayer experience intact, some things can kill your memories of it. What I do not defend, however, was the decision to play it there. I mean, it's an old game, who cares?

13. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

I watched it mostly for the Witcher 3 gameplay and was kinda disappointed. They could have shown some more interesting part of the game.
    Tomb Raider teaser didn't really show anything other than that the game exists. Scalebound seems like a cool concept but it's hard to get excited without a proper gameplay.

Overall, meh 4/10

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!