1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Your username

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Fleur, Jan 8, 2014.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. Sioux

Sioux PSICOM Soldier UFFSite Veteran

My name is simply explained. I am of Native American descent and without going too far into my own lineage and all that parts that make up the Great Sioux Nation I simply chose the name Sioux to save headaches and explanations. It is unique enough a web handle I find.

Although, it has been tarnished for me in recent years after having moved back home to South Dakota and living amongst my people on the reservation. It is hard to be unique and proudly a member of the Sioux nation when everyone around you are members of the Sioux nation and most of the time look, talk, and sound far more Native then you ever will. -_-

2. Royston

Royston Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Ah man, I have use Royston on games and anime forums since around 1997-8 after I watched a certain film by Royston Vasey (Chubby) Brown but attribute it to League of Gentlemen for those who don't know of Roy's comedy :D

3. SlankyZerm

SlankyZerm Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

Mine is related to my profile pic

4. Nikolasvanitas

Nikolasvanitas PSICOM Soldier

Well my name is Nick and I added Vanitas because I made my first account in a gaming forum when KH birth by sleep was released

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Yevonite

It's my actual first name err... so close. My name is Leonardo and it and Leonhart are actually variations of the same name.

The origins of the real name actually differ... some people say It's french "Leonard", some people say the original is the german "Leonhardt".
    Both are "junctions" (yeah FFVIII in all it's flavor hehe) of Lion and Hard... Meaning something like "a strong lion".

Actually is because of that name meaning that Squall has a Lion as symbol.

[​IMG]

6. Frei

Frei Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

The major UK PS1 magazine did a big article on the upcoming game, Final Fantasy IX.

It did a section on each known playable character, one of which was Freija Crescent.

Obviously in the final release her name was localised to Freya. I think I used Freija as a username before the game released, but if I didn't it was before I played the game personally. I used Freija/Frei for years and years, it was a big part of my teenage years, and though I moved away from it eventually it's a name I'll always use on FF-related sites.

(that magazine also gave Amarant's name as Salamander, and I was real disappointed to find that Salamander is too many characters to rename him)

7. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Well, I hadn't noticed this thread. Y'all have interesting stories, so mine as a bit disappointing. I was like in 7th grade (12 years old) and it was the first thing that passed through my head, followed by my year of birth. Yeah, I'm not a very creative guy.

8. Wazi the pa

Wazi the pa Samurai Legend Moderator Site Staff

My username is my name..... Not much of a story to it. I was born with it and I've been living with it since.
    I don't know how to change the username. :p

9. Kaii

Kaii Red Wings Commander Site Staff UFFSite Veteran

One of my early friends on this site, many many years ago typoed my name as Kaite, which somehow became Kaiite and then I shortened it to Kaii.

10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Chocobo Knight

My username is a subtle reference to the best science fiction movie ever
    [​IMG]

11. Minion

Minion Yevonite UFFSite Veteran

Old in-joke that never died. Ever.

I use other usernames, but Minion always stuck somewhere.

12. Bremaine

Bremaine Stiltzkin's Apprentice

Mine is actually a reference to Flight of the Conchords two main characters. Bret and Jemaine. So I made up Bremaine. :) I'm a huge fan of them so I figure it works for me.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!