3D Juegos: Hironobu Sakagushi "found FFXV: Episode Duscae great" --also something about Nomura.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I just found out this. It's in Spanish but I'll translate for you some portions of the text I found interesting:

Source: http://www.3djuegos.com/noticia/155215/0/final-fantasy-xv/episode-duscae/hajime-tabata/

About Sakagushi's opinion on Duscae:
Tabata confesó a nuestro medio que “Sakaguchi me llamó tras jugar el Episodio Duscae para ofrecerme su feedback sobre lo probado. Me dijo que lo encontró estupendo y que le pareció muy disfrutable, muy interesante. Debatimos sobre algunas cosas sobre las batallas y las diferentes formas de juego que se esperan de una franquicia como la presente. Parece que hoy en día hay muchos jugadores que desean jugar un juego de rol más tradicional, otros prefieren centrarse en algo más activo, hablé con Sakaguchi sobre la forma en la que podíamos llegar a contentar a ambos grupos”.
Translation:
Tabata confessed to us [3D Juegos] that "Sakaguchi called me after playing Episode Duscae to give me his feedback of what he played. He told me that he found it great and that he found it to be very enjoyable and interesting. We discussed some things about the battles and the different ways of playing that are expected from a franchise like this one. It seems today that there are a lot of gamers who want to play a more traditional role-playing game, while others prefer something more active. I talked with Sakaguchi about finding a way we could make both groups happy."

----------

About Tetsuya Nomura and his current involvement on the FFXV project:
El artista japonés confirmó en una charla con 3DJuegos, además, que “no tenemos mucho contacto con Tetsuya Nomura, ya que trabajamos en departamentos diferentes y no le informamos del estado de Final Fantasy XV”.
Translation:
The Japanese artist confirmed in a talk with 3DJuegos that "we don't have a lot of contact with Tetsuya Nomura, because we work on different departments [groups] and we don't inform him of the current stage of Final Fantasy XV."

-----
I hope you find it as interesting as I found it when I saw it.
And I also hope this translation was useful in some way :)

Bye!

Yause

Balamb Garden Freshman
Aug 30, 2014
Wonder if Nomura heard about a change and had an outburst about it?
It could be simpler than that. If a team took over a project with the intention of changing many things, it would be a bit hard to speak to the original creator about it given his previous attachment to the game.

Maybe Nomura's having a good laugh.
Perhaps, but the failure of FFXV wouldn't benefit him much. Many people have an indirect stake in its success (hence the advice and encouragement from Sakaguchi?) since the future of AAA Japanese game development largely rests on these big productions. If it bombs, it's one more step toward the end of the industry as we know it.