60 Reasons to be excited for FFXV in about 1 minute

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Sometimes I tend to forget about all the elements in this as a matter of fact, I didn't include the gambit system cause I haven't seen or heard of it in a while. But here you go, share with any doubters.

I don't think the Gambit like system is in the game, I think it's more about the AI system built into the game and how the developers program enemies. It would be nice if you could tweak party AI though, we'll have to see.

I saw this video the other day, thanks for posting it here, and welcome to Mognet Central!

As someone who would likely be described as a "doubter", I have to say, your video doesn't sell me on the game. A significant amount of talking points you mention are just things that are common in video games these days and AAA games in particular. The only thing that feels like it is actually about the unique experience this game can deliver is the mentioning of the "road trip" theme at the end.

If you want to show people why you think they should be excited, put up the things you think are truly unique about this game and refrain from using flat, non-descriptive phrasing like "epic story".

Mind you, not everyone who has doubts isn't excited about this game. I'm pretty intrigued, but I have some doubts about the game - which is, I think, a healthy approach about pretty much anything.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Also keep in mind that some people have doubts because they're doubters and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Novum

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jul 25, 2016
NYC
As someone who would likely be described as a "doubter", I have to say, your video doesn't sell me on the game. A significant amount of talking points you mention are just things that are common in video games these days and AAA games in particular. The only thing that feels like it is actually about the unique experience this game can deliver is the mentioning of the "road trip" theme at the end.

If you want to show people why you think they should be excited, put up the things you think are truly unique about this game and refrain from using flat, non-descriptive phrasing like "epic story".

Mind you, not everyone who has doubts isn't excited about this game. I'm pretty intrigued, but I have some doubts about the game - which is, I think, a healthy approach about pretty much anything.
Yeah I would say some of these things are in triple A games, but never all at once in a world of this scale. Also the goal of this video was to deliver a lot in a rapid fire format, this wasn't even everything though.

Not every individual thing needs to interest you, but all of it together should at least peak any avid gamers interest

Yeah I would say some of these things are in triple A games, but never all at once in a world of this scale. Also the goal of this video was to deliver a lot in a rapid fire format, this wasn't even everything though.
Don't misunderstand me, I like the idea of the video, but it could maybe - and I apologize if this comes off as smug - come across as a little more personal. Your voice also lacks a bit of excitement in my opinion and I think it might work better if it did. Someone who sounds excited can bring up excitement as well. Plus, the fact that all of this has, in this video game, brought together at that particular scale would've been cool to mention at the end of the video as a point of summary.

Not every individual thing needs to interest you, but all of it together should at least peak any avid gamers interest
I cannot speak for every ludophile in the world, but to me, as a longtime fan of both FF as well as jRPG in general, the most worrisome points about this game are things we can't talk about until the game is actually out - these being a) the quality of writing b) plot structure and c) if the size of the game will actually benefit it. Well, we'll see this fall.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If the eleventy billion bits of information released from Square hasn't convinced you yet, a fan video compilation isn't going to do it either.

Well, I wouldn't say that. I think that a lot of people are more willing to listen to fans (or at least, independent content creators) and proper, in-depth talking post-launch to make their own picture instead of getting on board with the things Square Enix is saying right off the bat. Which, again, I think is legitimate - some people don't fully trust information given out by the publisher.

FTR, I personally would buy the game Day One if I owned a PS4 or Xbox One. But I don't.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

That's how I interpreted the video, and I thought your voice sounded just fine... I'm not sure what the problem is there. To me, the video was like a "here's what to look forward to from this game in the general sense". Someone who might not keep up to date with this game but knows about it might look at a short compilation like this and see some of the points and go "oh that's really cool" like when they see the flying car or other points that interest them. From there, anything that peaks their interest they can look more into online and go from there. So, for a short fun video I think it does the job just fine, it looks like a fan video and that's what it is.

Your voice also lacks a bit of excitement in my opinion and I think it might work better if it did. Someone who sounds excited can bring up excitement as well.
I made a video back in Episode Duscae going over the combat system and my voice as boring sounding as all hell, yet I got a lot of views and comments with loads of people asking questions and wanting more; honestly probably the most viewed tutorial style video from Episode Duscae. For reference, just search "episode duscae tutorial" on YouTube and sort by views (my video should be the second in the normal list anyways).

If my monotone voice can do that, surely people can also watch this video just as well...

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
FTR, I personally would buy the game Day One if I owned a PS4 or Xbox One. But I don't.
Just for the record, I have no problem with anyone waiting for the full game to decide if it's worth it. Mainly because:

I cannot speak for every ludophile in the world, but to me, as a longtime fan of both FF as well as jRPG in general, the most worrisome points about this game are things we can't talk about until the game is actually out - these being a) the quality of writing b) plot structure and c) if the size of the game will actually benefit it. Well, we'll see this fall.
Which I totally agree with. I think it's going to be fine in those areas, but that's conjecture at this point. You need to see it. That's perfectly fine :p I was just saying that a fan cut like this isn't going to fix that anyway. I only mentioned it because you seemed kind of disappointed that it didn't. I don't think there's much of anything that can be done about that until the full game is out.