Atelier Shallie

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
So anyone else excited about this game¿ The screenshots and videos so far look pretty solid and given the performance of the entire series in the west, I'm pretty sure it'll get localized in 2015. The last screens confirm Escha returns with a new outfit.

I'm close to start Escha & Logy, was held back by Bravely Default but now that I'm done with that game I can focus on it.

Shallie new screens: http://www.rpgsite.net/news/3602-at...-an-appearance-in-atelier-shallie-screenshots

It's a series I've had my eye on very briefly, but have yet to try. The time factor is the chief worry for me, because my play style is dependent on my being able to go at a game in my own cautious pace without the anxious feeling of having to slavishly follow a walkthrough in case I miss something/do something wrong.

I'm sure people more familiar with the series can deduce from my first paragraph above that I know little about the Atelier games. So someone show me the way. Where shall I start with this charming looking franchise?

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
Well in the PS3 there are two trilogies. Atelier Rorona, Totori and Meruru follow each other and tell a single story. The Arland Trilogy.

The second one is the Dusk saga with the games Atelier Ayesha, Escha & Logy and Shallie (soon to be released). I personally prefer the Dusk games but the Arland ones are amazing too. I'd recommend going through Rorona or Ayesha first.

May 26, 2014
Y'know, I'm not even sure if this is the same series, but I recently played through Mana Khemia and it was pretty good. Unlike the PS3 ones there was literally no time limit at all. It was a bit like Persona 3 and 4, where you advance time at your own pace. Perhaps that's a good place to start (if you've still got a PS2) since you'll get used to all the crafting. Or not. I haven't played any of the PS3 games so I could be completely wrong.