Big PS4 Announcement at TGS According to Former Famitsu Editor in Chief

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
You think 10 million PS3 owners who see no reason to buy a PS4 yet are going to ignore Persona 5 on the PS3?

I know not all 10 million people will buy the game. But that's where the fan base is currently at and you can't ignore that. Especially when the PS4 is struggling right now. They're not going to just ignore the game because PS3 should be dead and old news now. Why would they? They own the platform the game is coming out on.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
There's a reason games are still being made for PS3, and that most new games are cross-gen. Last gen sells too well for devs to abandon it.

You say there are 10 million PS4s in the world now, but there are, what, 70+ million PS3s in the world, too (don't know the most recent figures).

Not sure why you think abandoning development on PS3 and switching it to a lower-installed system makes sense. It costs a lot of money to develop a game, and the rewards to suddenly stop, then try to get it up and running on a different system, are going to be slim.

It's the same reason the Tales developers have said they haven't any current plans to move to next-gen; it's core fanbase is currently on PS3.

Developers are too scared to take the initiative and those risks to make an only-PS4 game right now. There's simply more reward in keeping on making PS3 games. That will change eventually, but at this point, it's still a risky scenario to do PS4-only. I think the best way to change this would be for Sony to step in and offer a helping hand to these unsure devs. That could be what is going on with this 'big new PS4 game.'

Sep 26, 2013
Sony has to step in and make things happen over there. Mobile gaming has changed consumer habits greatly and Japan really doesn't seem to care about console gaming anymore. They're going to need some heavy hitters to get things going.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Sounds more Sony related rather than Square-Enix related. Can't wait though. Hope it's a new IP from them. That or the return of The Last Guardian.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
You guys are neglecting Kitase and Ito.

While Ito has been concealing his pet project for lord-knows-h0w-long, Kitase departed from working on XV in order to devote himself to his own project. Perhaps one shouldn't entirely give up on SE announcing something big at TGS, themselves.

Sep 26, 2013
You guys are neglecting Kitase and Ito.

While Ito has been concealing his pet project for lord-knows-h0w-long, Kitase departed from working on XV in order to devote himself to his own project. Perhaps one shouldn't entirely give up on SE announcing something big at TGS, themselves.
What pet project? I hope you’re not referring to the large-scale project Galvanizer made up. The latest project Ito worked on was Deadman's Cross for iOS and Android, which came out this year.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Galvanization*. And yes, I think he's referring to that.
Well no, but I had Deadman's Cross in mind because that's his most recent work.

All I was saying was that I hope he's been up to more than working on mobile titles, or washing the SaGa dishes. Which is unlikely in itself, but his talent has been seemingly compromised for the past several years. He's been attached to the KH portable games, FF IV's DS remake, and some iOS ports, but who are they to relegate him to that?