Boktai: The Sun is in your Hands

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which title was your favorite?

• Boktai: The Sun is in your Hands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boktai: Solar Boy Django

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Boktai: Sabata's Counterattack

• Lunar Knights

• Total voters

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
A quirky little set of Vampire-hutning games for the Gameboy Advance created by Hideo Koijma, which used a solar sensor built into the cartridge to detect sunlight. Using a magic gun called the Gun del Sol, you fought the hordes of the undead to try and rescue your mother, avenge your father, and bring the light of the sun back to the world.

The series consisted of three Gameboy Advance games (the third of which never made it outside of Japan), and a DS "spin-off" of sorts called Lunar Knights that was set far into the future of the same canon. In Japan, the game was called Boktai DS.

If you've played these games or think they sound interesting, this is the place to jbber about it!

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I haven't been able to get through it because of emulation issues, but the part I played was really awesome. I enjoy the story of B2 the most, and I looove all The Black Dainn's theme music. Dainn and Durathror are some of my favorite characters in the series.

Also, apparently MGS4 there's a way you can get the Solar Gun in one of your playthroughs. My friend who loves those games told me that there's a particular boss in the game who is somewhat vampire-like whom you can one-shot by shooting at him with the Gun del Sol. Hideo Kojima also included some Boktai tracks for the in-game MP3 player, I guess? Pretty awesome. :3

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I've played the first and Lunar Knights, and have the second one sitting around, ready to play. I loooooved Lunar Knights when I played it, and that's what prompted me to get the other two games. The original was pretty fun, though with a few odd mechanics. I didn't really have a problem with the sun sensor or anything, either... I *do* live in the Sunshine State, after all. xD I want to play 2 sooner rather than later, but you know, backlog.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I've played the first and Lunar Knights, and have the second one sitting around, ready to play. I loooooved Lunar Knights when I played it, and that's what prompted me to get the other two games. The original was pretty fun, though with a few odd mechanics. I didn't really have a problem with the sun sensor or anything, either... I *do* live in the Sunshine State, after all. xD I want to play 2 sooner rather than later, but you know, backlog.
Well in case you don't know, the second one has you focusing on a weapon melee system after the opening. You also slowly get magic, including the ability to add different elements to your weapons or freeze enemies in place. Since there's an actual town involved in the second one, you get to do stuff like forging and missions. Oh! And you can buy different kinds of coffins to carry immortals around in. They all have their perks and quirks, and you can only have one on you at a time. You basically pay to switch, as I recall.

It's pretty fun~